Brandon Albert

Guest TerraTor

I kinda doubt it unless we say good bye to Melton. There's a lot of teams that have a lot more money then we do and a lot of them can use a LT. I have a feeling he'll end up in Indy making 8 or 9 mill.

I'd rather have Albert than two Melton's. Am I the only person that thinks that Melton is replaceable while top level pass protection is not. Give me a +31 blind side protector please.

You better watch out with that PFF reference, "its obviously incomplete". Melton is huge for the defense though. If we keep the drop the LBs into coverage every play philosophy then we need a DT in the 3 tech that can get to the QB.....It is certainly a thought though if they don't think Webb can get it done next to a better LG (which they can find in the draft). As we all know I personally think Webb can get it done but I sure wouldn't be mad if the decided to grab Albert over Melton then draft my fellow rugby thug Jesse Williams in the 1st.

The more I've read from this site in the last few weeks, I'm of the mindset that the team should persue in an interior lineman (Guard/Center) before they look at spending gobs on the outside. I think it was SCS that suggested Webb could potentially be a lot better if he had decent inside help....to which I would have to agree. Especially given the example of his being put on an "island" with the likes of Jared Allen and Clay Matthews and not faring all that bad.

Outside of the apparent lack of maturity (the recent drug charge doesn't help), Webb is a servicable Tackle.

I'd rather have Albert than two Melton's. Am I the only person that thinks that Melton is replaceable while top level pass protection is not. Give me a +31 blind side protector please.

I'm obviously in agreement with one Albert over two Meltons.

As for the +31 stuff, and the stupid comment from scs, it matters not. When someone is obviously leaps and bounds better than the majority of their peers, they don't need a rating to justify their standing.

I kinda doubt it unless we say good bye to Melton. There's a lot of teams that have a lot more money then we do and a lot of them can use a LT. I have a feeling he'll end up in Indy making 8 or 9 mill.

I think a quality LT is more important than a 6 sack DT. Grab a OG with the first round pick and then a DT with the 2nd. Resign Idonije for one year and were go to go.

Why not have a Brandon Albert and Henry Melton? Both are entering their prime age-wise and are 2 of the most coveted players in FA. There are some things that can be done with cap to make it work like extend Tillman and Peppers and maybe dump some salary at other positions like RB,WR(Hester) and TE(Davis and Spaeth). I personally want the Bears to keep Melton, a player drafted and developed by the Bears. For all the angst over the last staff's lack of player development, this is one player they actually developed. If he is not resigned I could see the Cowboys with Kiffin and the guy who should get some credit for developing him(Marinelli)knocking on his door on day one of FA.

Why not have a Brandon Albert and Henry Melton? Both are entering their prime age-wise and are 2 of the most coveted players in FA. There are some things that can be done with cap to make it work like extend Tillman and Peppers and maybe dump some salary at other positions like RB,WR(Hester) and TE(Davis and Spaeth). I personally want the Bears to keep Melton, a player drafted and developed by the Bears. For all the angst over the last staff's lack of player development, this is one player they actually developed. If he is not resigned I could see the Cowboys with Kiffin and the guy who should get some credit for developing him(Marinelli)knocking on his door on day one of FA.

If they can fit it in the budget...sure.

The Cowboys are way, way, way over the cap right now. Now that the Jets did their bloodbath and the Saints have done a little, I think the Cowboys are the farthest over the cap of any team in the league, and they're looking at having to figure out a way to extend Romo's deal this year as well since he's a free agent following 2013 (that also means you're not going to save a lot with his extension since he's played most of his deal already).

The Cowboys are way, way, way over the cap right now. Now that the Jets did their bloodbath and the Saints have done a little, I think the Cowboys are the farthest over the cap of any team in the league, and they're looking at having to figure out a way to extend Romo's deal this year as well since he's a free agent following 2013 (that also means you're not going to save a lot with his extension since he's played most of his deal already).

My bad! I have to admit I don't keep track of all other teams cap situations but,I just picked a team that is a scheme fit for Melton who lined up next to a space eating tackle coutld double his sack output.

I just dont think we have the money for both even with some more cap dancing. We have the rookie, pool, other spots to fill, even at the mim. will add up.

Do we get him?

Turns 29 in Nov. Missed 3 games this year and in past.. Started all 16 in 2011

The thing to remember is KC is thinking about moving him back to guard, his natural position. Which is why the Bears passed on him to take Chris Williams in 2008. Essentially, we'd be paying for an average/mediocre LT who would likely be a pro bowl guard.

That being said, the last time we took an o-lineman from KC it was John Tait. He turned out pretty damn good.

The thing to remember is KC is thinking about moving him back to guard, his natural position. Which is why the Bears passed on him to take Chris Williams in 2008. Essentially, we'd be paying for an average/mediocre LT who would likely be a pro bowl guard.

That being said, the last time we took an o-lineman from KC it was John Tait. He turned out pretty damn good.

He was the best LT as far as pass blocking last year, he is not a mediocre LT. He aint at the top but top 10.

He was the best LT as far as pass blocking last year, he is not a mediocre LT. He aint at the top but top 10.

He was the best LT as far as pass blocking on the absolute worst passing team in the league. KC was worse than the Bears and unlike the Bears, they were often losing by a lot. What does that mean?

PFT reported KC would consider franchising him, moving him to LG and drafting Luke Joeckel with the #1 pick. Why would you do that with a top 10 LT?

He'd automatically be the best o-lineman on the Bears but he'll cost us.

He was the best LT as far as pass blocking on the absolute worst passing team in the league. KC was worse than the Bears and unlike the Bears, they were often losing by a lot. What does that mean?

PFT reported KC would consider franchising him, moving him to LG and drafting Luke Joeckel with the #1 pick. Why would you do that with a top 10 LT?

It could mean that they were always losing and had to throw so DE's knew they could pin their ears back and rush the passer every play.

Albert is a T. He's not a G. He's made it known that he is a T and wants to play for a team that will use him there.

He doesnt want to play OG, he knows it is less money in the long run. There aint awhole lot of options at LT, he will be the best one available. And will cost. Indy will probably be the best suitor, with cap space and a need. The other ones will draft the first 3 tackles in the draft.