J'Marcus Webb arrested on drug charges

balta1701-A

According to some reports ~1/2 the league thinks so. But I guess half the league is immature.

Given what he had next to him he did an average job. I don't care how much it gets ripped, PFF had him ranked as a slightly above average pass protector last year. You put that slightly average pass protection next to a guy worth a damn and he becomes a good pass protector, for much less than Brandon Albert.

Example, Bushrod was an awful pass protector yet Carl Nicks and later Ben Grubbs made him a Pro Bowler.

Jonathon Cooper is being touted, by a well respected draft analyst, as an elite level OG, put him next Webb and I believe the left side of line is fixed.

Half the league is indeed immature. Look around and all the trouble makers

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point, like pretty much all things in life...if you have someone performing (in whatever positive capacity, be it on an all star level or as a solid contributor), focus tends to veer away from such indescretions.

Yep. If this were Tillman, Peppers, Briggs . . . we'd be laughing about it. Because it's a 7th round bad starting LT it's cause for debate.

I'm just thankful it wasn't Cutler. It would be on the front page of Yahoo! if it was him.

It would be more concerning if he was at a night club at 4:00 a.m. Although, being in Pulaski County might be worse. I hope he was on his way back to Texas. That place is like the scene of a bad episode of the Dukes of Hazard.

Given what he had next to him he did an average job. I don't care how much it gets ripped, PFF had him ranked as a slightly above average pass protector last year. You put that slightly average pass protection next to a guy worth a damn and he becomes a good pass protector, for much less than Brandon Albert.

Example, Bushrod was an awful pass protector yet Carl Nicks and later Ben Grubbs made him a Pro Bowler.

Jonathon Cooper is being touted, by a well respected draft analyst, as an elite level OG, put him next Webb and I believe the left side of line is fixed.

The thing that bugs me about this line of thought:

1) You attempt to improve Webb's stock by talking about ways other people can help him. If he needs the help, then it's a personal fault of his.

2) You attempt to displace blame from Webb by stating the weaker LG next to him made Webb screw up. Let's be honest; it's not like Webb was completing his assignment and then diving in to help the LG. That simply was not happening. So it's a false line of reasoning. I can see if it was a pro-bowl type player who could occupy his guy real quick and then lend some of his incredible talent towards assisting a lesser teammate, but that's far from a description of Webb.

The thing that bugs me about this line of thought:

1) You attempt to improve Webb's stock by talking about ways other people can help him. If he needs the help, then it's a personal fault of his.

2) You attempt to displace blame from Webb by stating the weaker LG next to him made Webb screw up. Let's be honest; it's not like Webb was completing his assignment and then diving in to help the LG. That simply was not happening. So it's a false line of reasoning. I can see if it was a pro-bowl type player who could occupy his guy real quick and then lend some of his incredible talent towards assisting a lesser teammate, but that's far from a description of Webb.

I've also noted numerous times that any LT they bring in will be garbage next to the garbage we had at LG. So I'm also decreasing everyones stock by talking about the ways other people can hurt them. So I'm consistent in my view that we need a LG over a LT....If they can get Albert AND a LG in the draft then great. If we have a guy with the talent level of Rachal who got laughed outta San Fran then once again destroyed by San Fran and quit his job or Chris Spencer who everyone can agree was just dreadful at LG then the LT will once again be set up for failure.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/a...e/p2p-74637432/

Check, check, this is reality checking.

I know it's cousin, so take it with a grain of salt, but former All Decade team OT Richmond Webb had this to say

"Just from talking to him recently, J'Marcus has made his mind up where he could be one of the top tackles in this league if he follows through with what he said. … He understands the opportunity he has. … (Chicago) is a sports town and they love the Bears. If you conduct yourself in the right way, (the fans) are awesome. They will embrace you for life. That is what we have been kind of pounding to him and emphasizing. I think J'Marcus gets that. … I think he is going to become one of the top tackles in the league. He has all the tools."

Just wondering how many people think this reflects poorly on Webb's character and also want the Bears to take a chance on the Honey Badger if he's available in say the 6th round.

I don't think this says Webb is a bad person, but I do think it makes him a dumb person. While weed should be legal, it's not, and he has to know that. Mathieu won't be there in round 6, but if he's there in round 4, I want him. He's a dynamic player. He is a nickel and the Bears need one. They also could use a better KR/PR (or any KR/PR if Hester is cut). Mathieu has passed every test since being kicked off LSU's team. Webb has recently been caught.

I don't think this says Webb is a bad person, but I do think it makes him a dumb person. While weed should be legal, it's not, and he has to know that. Mathieu won't be there in round 6, but if he's there in round 4, I want him. He's a dynamic player. He is a nickel and the Bears need one. They also could use a better KR/PR (or any KR/PR if Hester is cut). Mathieu has passed every test since being kicked off LSU's team. Webb has recently been caught.

Mathieu also has a ton of talent as webb has yet to prove anything but hes not good

Well hell if that's your case then why do we even draft ppl

You made it sound like Honey Badger has proved something...which he hasn't yet. The NFL is a different animal and until he proves it in the NFL he hasn't proved anything. I'm not bashing Honey Badger at all, he could be a great player with great player in the mid rounds and we all know my stance on a lil weed. If you're gonna bash one player for smoking, you should bash them all.

You made it sound like Honey Badger has proved something...which he hasn't yet. The NFL is a different animal and until he proves it in the NFL he hasn't proved anything. I'm not bashing Honey Badger at all, he could be a great player with great player in the mid rounds and we all know my stance on a lil weed. If you're gonna bash one player for smoking, you should bash them all.

I do. Wake up. Difference is mathieu seems to have changed his ways plus even wants to not bw known as the honey badger. Webb was couple days ago. Face facts webb still isn't good and your basically assuming he will take that nxt step and i won't him no where near a starting gig. No problem with him as swing man to finish his contract then we let him go. Plus mathieu would be a nickel guy and not starting

I do. Wake up. Difference is mathieu seems to have changed his ways plus even wants to not bw known as the honey badger. Webb was couple days ago. Face facts webb still isn't good and your basically assuming he will take that nxt step and i won't him no where near a starting gig. No problem with him as swing man to finish his contract then we let him go. Plus mathieu would be a nickel guy and not starting

After a reality check maybe he's changed his ways. If you think Mathieu can shake it then you should think Webb can shake it.

Sorry, I see a player who's still developing and I think it would be wise financially to see if he continues. I see a guy who's a good game plan against Matthews away from having a good season.

KC didn't give up on their guy after he wasn't "good" and now that guy they didn't give up on is looking to make a good chunk o change.

After a reality check maybe he's changed his ways. If you think Mathieu can shake it then you should think Webb can shake it.

Sorry, I see a player who's still developing and I think it would be wise financially to see if he continues. I see a guy who's a good game plan against Matthews away from having a good season.

KC didn't give up on their guy after he wasn't "good" and now that guy they didn't give up on is looking to make a good chunk o change.

Maybe u should do more research before opening your mouth. Dude was a 1st rd 15th overall. Was moved to LT for rookie yr and played well allowing just 4.5 sacks and only 1 penalty(a false start) all yr. He then struggled in 09 allowing 9 sacks and 10 penalties. However the final 3 games of 09 he didn't allow any sacks. Oh yeah its also been said the reason he struggled so much that yr is because he lost 40 lbs in the offseason. While he may have struggled KC stuck with him based on 1st rd draft status and his really good rookie yr. Webb to this point hasn't had even a good yr to make me think he can be as good as albert. He has been really bad his entire career til last yr. And even last yr it wasn't likehe was good at all. Sure he's improved since day 1 but considering how bad he was it wasn't like he could possibly get worse.

Maybe u should do more research before opening your mouth. Dude was a 1st rd 15th overall. Was moved to LT for rookie yr and played well allowing just 4.5 sacks and only 1 penalty(a false start) all yr. He then struggled in 09 allowing 9 sacks and 10 penalties. However the final 3 games of 09 he didn't allow any sacks. Oh yeah its also been said the reason he struggled so much that yr is because he lost 40 lbs in the offseason. While he may have struggled KC stuck with him based on 1st rd draft status and his really good rookie yr. Webb to this point hasn't had even a good yr to make me think he can be as good as albert. He has been really bad his entire career til last yr. And even last yr it wasn't likehe was good at all. Sure he's improved since day 1 but considering how bad he was it wasn't like he could possibly get worse.

I guess posting basically the same numbers in their 2nd years at LT isn't comparable, Alberts 3rd year is comparable to Webbs season last year as well ...*Shrugs*

I guess posting basically the same numbers in their 2nd years at LT isn't comparable, Alberts 3rd year is comparable to Webbs season last year as well ...*Shrugs*

Difference is webb has been crap since day 1 and alberts hasn'. Sure u can find a yr or 2 kinda similar. Does that tell me that Webb will be just as good as albert. Um no. Webb is lucky to have a starting gig. I bet if we released him he doesn't get a starting gig any where this yr

Chiefs OG Brian Waters, discussing OT Branden Albert's difficult 2009 season, and the team's unwillingness to commit to him at the OLT position, as quoted on KansasCity.com: ''Branden got the worst rap out of anybody on our football team over the last two years. Without a shadow of a doubt, he's a left tackle. … We have not helped him, to be honest with you, as a football team, as an organizationf

Sound like someone we know??

Some players take time to develop...the kid is 24. I understand wanting a player in their prime, I'd love to have 2012 or 08 Albert. Every Albert in between will get ripped here.

Sound like someone we know??

Some players take time to develop...the kid is 24.

Well u wanna compare webb to albert. I just pointed out Albert's rookie yr. That yr at least proves he has the ability to be a good LT. U can't make that type of argument with Webb with any of his yrs. U keep deflecting everything away from him. U keep saying hes gonna be good cuz albert struggled and then turn it around. It's possible he could become avg but its also completely possible based on his career tp this point that he just sucks don't u think

Well u wanna compare webb to albert. I just pointed out Albert's rookie yr. That yr at least proves he has the ability to be a good LT. U can't make that type of argument with Webb with any of his yrs. U keep deflecting everything away from him. U keep saying hes gonna be good cuz albert struggled and then turn it around. It's possible he could become avg but its also completely possible based on his career tp this point that he just sucks don't u think

He was thrown into the fire way to quickly...How many 7th rounders come in and play right away? You expect a good year from a 1st rounder. 7th rounders are nothing more than prospects, prospects take time to groom.

He's already basically average. Add in so many new elements and he'll look better than average next year.

He was thrown into the fire way to quickly...How many 7th rounders come in and play right away? You expect a good year from a 1st rounder. 7th rounders are nothing more than prospects, prospects take time to groom.

He's already basically average. Add in so many new elements and he'll look better than average next year.

Stop assuming everything. That's all your doing with him. Jason Smith has had similar yrs to albert and webb and he just 26. So we should probably pick him up right.

Here let me try some assuming for u. In 201 webb allowed 13 penalties and 14.5 sacks then in 2012 he dropped down to 7 penalties and 9 sacks. So that means in 2013 we can assume around 4 penalties and close to 5.5 sacks. Well thats a decent yr so then financially we should extend him cuz 2014 he will be great dropping down to 2 penalties and 3 sacks and then 2015 he will be amazin. I trust you can see how im getting these stats

Here let me try some assuming for u. In 201 webb allowed 13 penalties and 14.5 sacks then in 2012 he dropped down to 7 penalties and 9 sacks. So that means in 2013 we can assume around 4 penalties and close to 5.5 sacks. Well thats a decent yr so then financially we should extend him cuz 2014 he will be great dropping down to 2 penalties and 3 sacks and then 2015 he will be amazin. I trust you can see how im getting these stats

At some point the progression will end, I just think next year there are a lot of elements that will make him continue to progress.

-Aaron Kromer..Don't come back at me with Mike Tice...His lines sucked in Minny too...

-Using the RBs more in the pass game-It's gonna take some heat from the LBs off the line. LBs in a 3-4 are just about the only thing that killed him last year.

-The TE- See above. I actually think it's better to send them out on pass plays than staying in to block.

-A better LG- with the trash that was there last year the LT is vulnerable to bot inside and outside moves, something thats hard to check against explosive players like Matthews and Smith.

-Marc Trestman- If Jay listens, chances are Marc will get him to get the ball out quicker. Which will make the whole line look better.

-It's early but so far the drug bust looks like a reality check- Supposedly he's training harder than ever now.

-Connecting with his cousin- Another excellent brain to pick, why he hasn't done it in this past is pretty dumb (yes, he's not the brightest crayon in the box but neither is Albert). In case you skipped over the article I posted Webbs cousin is a 1990s all decade OT.

He's set up to have a good year and if he doesn't his contracts up. He'll have competition next year, no doubt, all I'm saying is I wouldn't be surprised if he wins the job and if he does I can see him improving. I really don't see why its hard to believe either.

At some point the progression will end, I just think next year there are a lot of elements that will make him continue to progress.

-Aaron Kromer..Don't come back at me with Mike Tice...His lines sucked in Minny too...

-Using the RBs more in the pass game-It's gonna take some heat from the LBs off the line. LBs in a 3-4 are just about the only thing that killed him last year.

-The TE- See above. I actually think it's better to send them out on pass plays than staying in to block.

-A better LG- with the trash that was there last year the LT is vulnerable to bot inside and outside moves, something thats hard to check against explosive players like Matthews and Smith.

-Marc Trestman- If Jay listens, chances are Marc will get him to get the ball out quicker. Which will make the whole line look better.

-It's early but so far the drug bust looks like a reality check- Supposedly he's training harder than ever now.

-Connecting with his cousin- Another excellent brain to pick, why he hasn't done it in this past is pretty dumb (yes, he's not the brightest crayon in the box but neither is Albert). In case you skipped over the article I posted Webbs cousin is a 1990s all decade OT.

He's set up to have a good year and if he doesn't his contracts up. He'll have competition next year, no doubt, all I'm saying is I wouldn't be surprised if he wins the job and if he does I can see him improving. I really don't see why its hard to believe either.

Its alot of assumptions that your making considering that to this point in his career the facts prove hes never had even a decent yr. Your basing everything on assumptions. Hes training harder than ever after a drug bust? Big flipping deal what's it been 3 days or so. U crush mathieu and according to records it's been more than a yr since his issue. U say about LG next to him. Isn't that assuming we so something at that position. U also mentioned TE. Once again assuming we upgrade it unless u think Davis is that guy. Kromer? What is he some kind of miracle worker that im not aware of. I'll give u trestman but even that's assuming he will use a similar Playbook as in the past. I hate relying on assumptions all the time.