Backup QB

lemonej

I have watched the Bears over the years recently pretty much ignore the OL and since drafting Orton really not address a QB to develop. LeFevre(sp?) and Enderle aside, this team needs to do better than Campbell,McCown,Collins and Haney. I would like to see them use one of the 5 picks they currently have on a QB to develop. Why,because with a new coach considered a QB guru and Cutler entering the last year of his contract you have to protect yourself in case this staff doesn't feel Cutler is the one to lead this team.

I have watched the Bears over the years recently pretty much ignore the OL and since drafting Orton really not address a QB to develop. LeFevre(sp?) and Enderle aside, this team needs to do better than Campbell,McCown,Collins and Haney. I would like to see them use one of the 5 picks they currently have on a QB to develop. Why,because with a new coach considered a QB guru and Cutler entering the last year of his contract you have to protect yourself in case this staff doesn't feel Cutler is the one to lead this team.

sorry double post

Matt Scott out of Arizona is round 5 intrigues me. He's got a low delivery but is super talented. He threw well at the combine and can really run. Taking a flier on him that late can't hurt.

Keeping Campbell will be too expensive.

I like the concept. Backup QB'S come in with little prep and being able to run a little would be a good fallback.

Matt Scott out of Arizona is round 5 intrigues me. He's got a low delivery but is super talented. He threw well at the combine and can really run. Taking a flier on him that late can't hurt.

Keeping Campbell will be too expensive.

Call me crazy but I like the idea of Colin Klein as a late pick to develop.

Call me crazy but I like the idea of Colin Klein as a late pick to develop.

Did he participate as a QB or TE at the combine?? I remember there was reports of him being asked to do so which doesn't bode well for his chances at QB in the NFL.... From what I remember Matt Blanchard looked pretty good in the preseason, I wonder what Trestmans thought on him are.

Did he participate as a QB or TE at the combine?? I remember there was reports of him being asked to do so which doesn't bode well for his chances at QB in the NFL.... From what I remember Matt Blanchard looked pretty good in the preseason, I wonder what Trestmans thought on him are.

I think Blanchard is the developmental QB and we pick up Chase Daniels the NO backup last year.

The reports that i read is that the teams asked him to try out at TE as well and he flat out refused to do anything but QB

That generally makes players like him drop in the draft.

Hey we can also get someone dirt cheap, that has a big arm, not scared to throw the ball (like Campbell) is big, mobile and has a desire to be a good player......call me crazy J Russell from the Raiders cuts. A project worth the bottom basement price....at least see what he has

Hey we can also get someone dirt cheap, that has a big arm, not scared to throw the ball (like Campbell) is big, mobile and has a desire to be a good player......call me crazy J Russell from the Raiders cuts. A project worth the bottom basement price....at least see what he has

Your right that is crazy.

Sure he's mobile. FOR A 300 LB quarterback lol

Do you and Webb hang out together?

Hey just saying,,,he could be a good back up not a starter.....he has the NFL time put in, the big arm, he is mobile he just needs some work as in contrast to paying Campbell 2 million again to get sacked 5 times in one game by the same person and being scared to throw the ball. So with the right coaches and offense he can be ok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=IbRUT9YPzoA

I actually like the idea. First round talent for UDFA money? If given a second chance, he might surprise some people and change his ways. People are ready to give a guy like Webb tons of chances, even with recent stupidity, and he has only an inkling of the talent that Campbell has.

And if he comes into camp lazy, way overweight, or is a problem in any way, cut his ass and dash all NFL dreams he will ever have. From what I've read, the dude understands that he F'd up big time.

I actually like the idea. First round talent for UDFA money? If given a second chance, he might surprise some people and change his ways. People are ready to give a guy like Webb tons of chances, even with recent stupidity, and he has only an inkling of the talent that Campbell has.

And if he comes into camp lazy, way overweight, or is a problem in any way, cut his ass and dash all NFL dreams he will ever have. From what I've read, the dude understands that he F'd up big time.

I don't think this would be Russell's 2nd chance, I think it'd be much closer to his 5th.