Heard some news

Stinger226

I listen to the Score all day and some one brought up that Emery comes from the Scott Piola tree and he is very secretive about who he drafts. So pretty much if they mention a players name, we aint drafting him. Last year as an example I didnt hear any of our draft picks as remoting being drafted by us. So I guess Te'o off the list, I heard his name mentioned.

I listen to the Score all day and some one brought up that Emery comes from the Scott Piola tree and he is very secretive about who he drafts. So pretty much if they mention a players name, we aint drafting him. Last year as an example I didnt hear any of our draft picks as remoting being drafted by us. So I guess Te'o off the list, I heard his name mentioned.

If they don't sign a RT and DJ Fluker's on the board at 20 and he's not the pick, I'll be shocked.

If they don't sign a RT and DJ Fluker's on the board at 20 and he's not the pick, I'll be shocked.

LG needs to be addressed before RT. There's some hope that Carimi can rebound and Scott I believe has been rumored to be coming back as well. Whereas unless Kromer likes Brown, which is completely possible, we really have no LG. If they don't sign a LG and Jonathon Cooper's on the board at 20 and he's not the pick, I'll be shocked.

as far as this thread goes....I don't think any names are mentioned by the GM unless maybe you're sitting at #1. You can't really say ahead of time we're drafting so and so because 1. They might not be there and 2. if another team really likes the guy you said they would try to jump ahead of us to take him.

With last year's media, most predicted we would take a DE. If you'd told me Riley Reiff would be on the board and we'd take Shea McClellin, I'd have said you were nuts. I always wondered how the media knew that. Either way, there's not absolute secrecy.

As for Te'o, he's a bit different because he attended college relatively close and he's on the front page of Yahoo!. Emery was specifically asked about him. He can't say, "no comment" and he can't say, "we won't draft him."

LG needs to be addressed before RT. There's some hope that Carimi can rebound and Scott I believe has been rumored to be coming back as well. Whereas unless Kromer likes Brown, which is completely possible, we really have no LG. If they don't sign a LG and Jonathon Cooper's on the board at 20 and he's not the pick, I'll be shocked.

as far as this thread goes....I don't think any names are mentioned by the GM unless maybe you're sitting at #1. You can't really say ahead of time we're drafting so and so because 1. They might not be there and 2. if another team really likes the guy you said they would try to jump ahead of us to take him.

Cooper is a G in a ZBS but a C in any other scheme. I doubt they take a C in round 1. All I'll say is that I've heard some things. They love Fluker.

Cooper is a G in a ZBS but a C in any other scheme. I doubt they take a C in round 1. All I'll say is that I've heard some things. They love Fluker.

Mike Mayock says Cooper is a top 4 talent, from all I've read on the kid he can play anywhere on the interior in any scheme.

The Saints ran an Inside Zone Scheme....is there a difference between a Zone Bloking Scheme and an Inside Zone Blocking Scheme?

Didn't we start to hear McClellin's name being connected to the Bears pretty late in the draft process? Thought that was what happened.. Maybe I'm wrong.

I do remember after the draft there was word that they really wanted Bruce Irvin, but Shea was the second guy on their list.

I would be pretty upset with a Fluker pick because he's a RG only. Most scouts believe he'll have to move to guard over concerns that he's not quick enough to handle speed on the outside. So if the plan is to pair Fluker next to Carimi, my head might explode.

Cooper is a LG because he's very good at pulling in the run game. Very athletic. He can be effective in a zone blocking scheme, which is what it looks like we will be running some combination of ZB and Power-Man.

I'm still hoping for either Lane Johnson or Tavon Austin. The way it's looking now, both could be off the board by the time the Bears pick..

Didn't we start to hear McClellin's name being connected to the Bears pretty late in the draft process? Thought that was what happened.. Maybe I'm wrong.

I do remember after the draft there was word that they really wanted Bruce Irvin, but Shea was the second guy on their list.

I would be pretty upset with a Fluker pick because he's a RG only. Most scouts believe he'll have to move to guard over concerns that he's not quick enough to handle speed on the outside. So if the plan is to pair Fluker next to Carimi, my head might explode.

Cooper is a LG because he's very good at pulling in the run game. Very athletic. He can be effective in a zone blocking scheme, which is what it looks like we will be running some combination of ZB and Power-Man.

I'm still hoping for either Lane Johnson or Tavon Austin. The way it's looking now, both could be off the board by the time the Bears pick..

You're right about Johnson but Austin may be there at 20 and that would mean this staff thinks they need another playmaker on offense. an Austin pick at 20 would be bolder than SMC last year IMO.

No way Johnson is there at 20 and with OL, TE, and MLB,if we dont resign Melton DT,WE ARE NOT TAKING A WR.

You're right about Johnson but Austin may be there at 20 and that would mean this staff thinks they need another playmaker on offense. an Austin pick at 20 would be bolder than SMC last year IMO.

Or more stupid than last year...when you can get a speed guy later in the draft to fill the speed need(Knox 5th RD) and not miss a star in the first round that you really need OT/OG/ILB

Or more stupid than last year...when you can get a speed guy later in the draft to fill the speed need(Knox 5th RD) and not miss a star in the first round that you really need OT/OG/ILB

I didnt say it was a bad idea, just that they aint going to do it. We dont have a lot of cap money, short on draft picks and were going to draft a WR in an area of a some what stength? Marshall, Jefferys, Bennett. It aint going to happen. I think we need one in a big way and he will be a star, but there will be someone on the board with taking that fills a need. If you have a family of 4 and your looking for a new car, you dont go buy a roadster because it is a cooler car.

He's a G? Fluker is a RT

I didnt say it was a bad idea, just that they aint going to do it. We dont have a lot of cap money, short on draft picks and were going to draft a WR in an area of a some what stength? Marshall, Jefferys, Bennett. It aint going to happen. I think we need one in a big way and he will be a star, but there will be someone on the board with taking that fills a need. If you have a family of 4 and your looking for a new car, you dont go buy a roadster because it is a cooler car.

True.... nice one.....but when you have that family of four with the new mini van...you need that roadster for some me time....to take the stress out. Yes we have Marshall, Jeffry and Bennett in the mini van but a Goodwin/ speed guy later will blow the top off but not in the first RD

No way Johnson is there at 20 and with OL, TE, and MLB,if we dont resign Melton DT,WE ARE NOT TAKING A WR.

Do you even read posts?

I'm not asking you what you think of it. I'm telling you what my hope is, and then I said those two players could very well be off the board before our pick is up, which you either overlooked or just blatantly ignored to make sure you can get in one of your annoying, premature declarations that can never be proven.

Do you even read posts?

I'm not asking you what you think of it. I'm telling you what my hope is, and then I said those two players could very well be off the board before our pick is up, which you either overlooked or just blatantly ignored to make sure you can get in one of your annoying, premature declarations that can never be proven.

Yes I didnt pay attention, so I guess were even, Fluker is a RT not RG. We screw up.

His times at the combine that measure quickness and food speed were eerily similar to Luke Joeckel's. Fluker is a RT.

Where are you seeing this?? CBS says he didn't even participate in the cone and shuttle drill....Which is odd....Yes, their 40 times are .01 apart but that doesn't really tell you much. Joeckel was ranked 8th in the shuttle and 2nd behind Johnson in the cone drill.

I wouldn't say he's a sure thing RT. I just read that he gave up the most sacks in the SEC last year by a wide margin and that sure sounds like a concern to me. He's a mauler in the run game though. We already have a 1st round player like him at RT though.

His times at the combine that measure quickness and food speed were eerily similar to Luke Joeckel's. Fluker is a RT.

Fluker didn't even do anything but Bench and run the 40 at the combine. Not sure where you are getting your information. Doesn't really matter anyways because we are talking about two different players with different skill sets.

Fluker's area of strength is in run blocking, but his biggest deficiency is in pass protection. The arm length is really nice, but I'm not sure he's going to be able to play against speedier edge rushers in this league if he doesn't show he can get out of his stance and move his feet better than he has. Unless you are throwing Gabe Carimi out of the picture entirely, pairing those two together would scare the hell out of me.

He was mentioned. But most in the media believed the Bears wanted a DE. Pretty much every possible first round pick DE was connected.

I remember that also. If the Chargers didn't take Melvin Ingram at #18, he's our guy. Shea was probably 3rd. All speed DE/LB types.

At this point we need a guy who can start immediately. If we draft him and he's good on day #1, that's awesome. I don't give a damn if it's a guard, tackle or center. You have five spots and you can't look to one returning spot being locked in as a starter for next season. There is Garza who is 34. Webb is the next best bet. It's ugly.