Salary Cap

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Yep 23.9, great news for the Bears.

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/307276900395524096

Um . . . doesn't that mean every other team in the league has 3 million more to spend? Since we have a hard salary cap . . . we have more to spend but they have more to spend. Essentially this is great news for EVERY team. Basically it doesn't change anything in terms of our ability to sign free agents.

Um . . . doesn't that mean every other team in the league has 3 million more to spend? Since we have a hard salary cap . . . we have more to spend but they have more to spend. Essentially this is great news for EVERY team. Basically it doesn't change anything in terms of our ability to sign free agents.

Sure, but I could care less about other teams. I am just saying that because we were fairly tight and this gives us a little more wiggle room to sign a FA. Next I hope we start to hear news like this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cowboys-redo-...dGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

It does mean more for teams like Chicago though that have 8-12m to spend. If you have 8 and need a WR and G depth but now have 11 thanks to the new cap, you could now sign Wallace/Jennings/Welker and a solid G, where before you might get that G but a middle of the road WR.

Obviously if you're a team like the Bengals who have 50+ to spend, an extra 3 isn't a huge difference.

It does mean more for teams like Chicago though that have 8-12m to spend. If you have 8 and need a WR and G depth but now have 11 thanks to the new cap, you could now sign Wallace/Jennings/Welker and a solid G, where before you might get that G but a middle of the road WR.

Obviously if you're a team like the Bengals who have 50+ to spend, an extra 3 isn't a huge difference.

I'm not so sure about that sir. Are you keeping Melton in this scenario??