Bears options at T in FA

Ed Hochuli 3:16

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Clady is going no where

2. Long, at his price tag, and with his injury history...I'll pass

3. Albert, I've said it before, if he fits in the budget with Melton, I'm down.

4. Vollmer's a RT. Meh

5. Bushrod, well we all know my thoughts on him.

6. Beatty....He gone

4. Vollmer's a RT. Meh

6. Beatty....He gone

I agree. Although Albert has a bad back. That's all we need is another bad back.

I still can't believe the article said that Bushrod was worse than J Webb the second half of the season. Wow.

4. Vollmer's a RT. Meh

6. Beatty....He gone

If we sign Melton, we dont have a budget anymore, he eats it all. Unless he takes 5 to 6, I dont see us getting him back. Webb was ranked 35th and Bushrod 45th, I want to pass on both, wheres King Dunlap?

4. Vollmer's a RT. Meh

6. Beatty....He gone

That's what it says...

I agree. Although Albert has a bad back. That's all we need is another bad back.

I still can't believe the article said that Bushrod was worse than J Webb the second half of the season. Wow.

Did you read the "week 12-17" stat for Bushrod?

If we sign Melton, we dont have a budget anymore, he eats it all. Unless he takes 5 to 6, I dont see us getting him back. Webb was ranked 35th and Bushrod 45th, I want to pass on both, wheres King Dunlap?

King Dunlap is not a top 6 NFL FA T

I don't see Melton being quite as successful with another team. Granted, that could change with a new DC, but Mel Tucker has already talked about the importance of DT's. Julius Peppers makes everyone better.

How do we let a pro-bowl defensive tackle go to sign a good but not great offensive lineman? That doesn't seem like a fair trade.

You must have missed the discussion a few weeks ago of me stating the same thing and people jumping down my throat about it..But ya it's true. He made the pro bowl on the coattails of his LG and QB getting the ball out quick.

You must have missed the discussion a few weeks ago of me stating the same thing and people jumping down my throat about it..But ya it's true. He made the pro bowl on the coattails of his LG and QB getting the ball out quick.

Good point. I missed that. I am active on this site after the Super Bowl leading up to free agency and the draft. I get irritated with the draft and free agency talk in January because everything changes.

During the season there is so much information out there it's tough to visit here.

The combine is in the books and free agency is 12 days away. Now it's go time.

The article mentions Albert gave up 96 pressures the last 3 years...a 32 a year average...JWebb according to an ESPN article gave up 29 pressures.... Just an interesting thing I noticed, not trying to say he's better so don't jump all over me.

There could be a misprint and it should read 09-12 instead of 09-11.

The article mentions Albert gave up 96 pressures the last 3 years...a 32 a year average...JWebb according to an ESPN article gave up 29 pressures.... Just an interesting thing I noticed, not trying to say he's better so don't jump all over me.

There could be a misprint and it should read 09-12 instead of 09-11.

No, check PFF. It's 2009-2011

No, check PFF. It's 2009-2011

So if Webb keeps his pace of 29 pressures up he will give up 87 pressures over a 3 year period. 9 less than the 96 that this article is touting. Pretty interesting stuff.

Also, In the same time period the article touted, Albert had 27 penalties...Webb over the last 3 years? 26.

Intriguing.

Guest TerraTor

any interest in Loadholt?

I have no interest in paying ample money to a RT...but I'm also hoping Carimi can take a stronghold on the position, if the FO doesn't follow the same line of thinking then sure.

Loadholt would immediately upgrade the position and your against it. I understand u hope carimi gets better but why not upgrade the position. Isn't that what this FO should do is upgrade the personel at the weakest position

Loadholt would immediately upgrade the position and your against it. I understand u hope carimi gets better but why not upgrade the position. Isn't that what this FO should do is upgrade the personel at the weakest position

Like I said it's all on what the coaching staff and FO thinks of Carimi....2013 Carimi could be an upgrade of 2012 Carimi if the whole offseason work out thing holds any truth. If Kromer thinks he'll be a good option then I'd rather invest the money else where....If he thinks Carimi will be nothing more than a OG and last year wasn't a mirage then I'm game for Loadholt.

I'm surprised you and terra haven't jumped on my back for the Webb/Albert comparisons.

Like I said it's all on what the coaching staff and FO thinks of Carimi....2013 Carimi could be an upgrade of 2012 Carimi if the whole offseason work out thing holds any truth. If Kromer thinks he'll be a good option then I'd rather invest the money else where....If he thinks Carimi will be nothing more than a OG and last year wasn't a mirage then I'm game for Loadholt.

I'm surprised you and terra haven't jumped on my back for the Webb/Albert comparisons.

It's not worth wasting my breath as for some reason your convinced hes gonna be really really good

It's not worth wasting my breath as for some reason your convinced hes gonna be really really good

Maybe not "really really good" but good? Yes. Those numbers I posted can confirm that....I don't wanna say he's as good as or better than Albert because that just sounds dirty but those numbers are there. Alberts 09 year, the year the article was touting, he was 25. Webb last year was 24. It was also Alberts 2nd year at LT. So once again if his pressures stay around the same he'll have produced better totals at nearly the same age and the same year at LT....His penalty total could also be better and to elaborate on the last numbers I threw out there for his 3 year total of penalties, Albert had 6 in 13 games. Webb? 7 in 16.

Once again it just sounds dirty to say he's better than Albert so I'm not gonna say that, but if continues to play like he did this year I do believe he very well could be on par with him.

Maybe not "really really good" but good? Yes. Those numbers I posted can confirm that....I don't wanna say he's as good as or better than Albert because that just sounds dirty but those numbers are there. Alberts 09 year, the year the article was touting, he was 25. Webb last year was 24. It was also Alberts 2nd year at LT. So once again if his pressures stay around the same he'll have produced better totals at nearly the same age and the same year at LT....His penalty total could also be better and to elaborate on the last numbers I threw out there for his 3 year total of penalties, Albert had 6 in 13 games. Webb? 7 in 16.

Once again it just sounds dirty to say he's better than Albert so I'm not gonna say that, but if continues to play like he did this year I do believe he very well could be on par with him.

Pardon me for wanting an immediate upgrade instead 1 that is based on Hoping he continues to get marginally better

Pardon me for wanting an immediate upgrade instead 1 that is based on Hoping he continues to get marginally better

It's hard to argue his numbers aren't moving in the right direction, and if you project his age 24-26 seasons and year 2-4 at LT and compare them with Alberts age 25-27 and year 2-4 at LT it's naive to think that at the very least his pressures and penalty totals won't be better than Alberts. Pressures and penalties are 2 of the biggest gripes I've seen people have with Webb.

Like I've always said I'm cool with Albert if they have the funds...But since they're really hurting for funds I'm cool with JWebb playing out the last year of his contract and continuing to improve, hopefully next to a competent LG.

It's hard to argue his numbers aren't moving in the right direction, and if you project his age 24-26 seasons and year 2-4 at LT and compare them with Alberts age 25-27 and year 2-4 at LT it's naive to think that at the very least his pressures and penalty totals won't be better than Alberts. Pressures and penalties are 2 of the biggest gripes I've seen people have with Webb.

Like I've always said I'm cool with Albert if they have the funds...But since they're really hurting for funds I'm cool with JWebb playing out the last year of his contract and continuing to improve, hopefully next to a competent LG.

Im not talking anyone specific. Webb never should have been given the RT job much less job to protect franchise qb blind side. Dude still isnt good. Hes getting marginally better yes doesn't mean i should pray he might finally get it. I want an upgrade either via FA or draft

Im not talking anyone specific. Webb never should have been given the RT job much less job to protect franchise qb blind side. Dude still isnt good. Hes getting marginally better yes doesn't mean i should pray he might finally get it. I want an upgrade either via FA or draft

And you just ignored my point.

Alberts 2nd year at LT, age 25

G Pen Yds F.Start Holding Sacks Yds

14 10 63 6 2 9.00 63.50

Webbs 2nd year at LT, age 24

16 7 49 3 3 9.00 59.00 (PFW has Webb with 9 sacks, I've seen it elsewhere he had 7?)

I don't know how many pressures Albert gave up that year so all I can do is average out his 3 year total of 96 to come up with 32...3 more than Webb gave up.

Yes, Albert is better right now, though his back is a huge concern, but I don't think it's crazy to think Webb can get on Alberts level...esp playing next to a better LG than Chilo "I got laughed outta SF twice" Rachal and a player we all believe is worse than Webb Chris Friggin Spencer.

I wonder if Chief fans we're giving up on him that year.

And you just ignored my point.

Alberts 2nd year at LT, age 25

14 10 63 6 2 9.00 63.50

Webbs 2nd year at LT, age 24

16 7 49 3 3 9.00 59.00 (PFW has Webb with 9 sacks, I've seen it elsewhere he had 7?)

I don't know how many pressures Albert gave up that year so all I can do is average out his 3 year total of 96 to come up with 32...3 more than Webb gave up.

Yes, Albert is better right now, though his back is a huge concern, but I don't think it's crazy to think Webb can get on Alberts level...esp playing next to a better LG than Chilo "I got laughed outta SF twice" Rachal and a player we all believe is worse than Webb Chris Friggin Spencer.

I wonder if Chief fans we're giving up on him that year.

I got your point that ur thinking because comparisons are there between the 2 however i did say i wanted albert my whole point is i don't want someone who is still a project after several yrs. Dude still isnt good. Instead of hoping that webb improves dramatically why not go out and get someone who we know is better. There's several draft picks that i believe is better than webb is right now