Bears Franchise Melton

scs787

Henry Melton ‏@HenMel

Good to be a Bear for another year hopefully we can get a long-term deal done soon! #BearDown #FranchiseTag

Hurts a lil but glad to have him around for at least another year.

If the reports that Collins will be tendered are true that's 9.7M of the ~12 spent already(on 2 DTs), throw in the the 3-5M for the rookie pool and we're probably in the negative...with quite a few holes to fill.

Get to restructurin Phil!

He's saying he hopes to get a long term deal done. If that happens it could reduce his number for this year.

If the reports that Collins will be tendered are true that's 9.7M of the ~12 spent already(on 2 DTs),

throw in the the 3-5M for the rookie pool and we're probably in the negative...with quite a few holes to fill. Get to restructurin Phil!

I think we have something planned to free up more room. Peanut seems like the most likely option since he's playing at a pro-bowl caliber and he'd make one helluva a safety. Either way, this is a good move. I know we need to upgrade the offensive line, but if you lose a pro-bowl DT the defense gets one helluva a lot worse.

He's saying he hopes to get a long term deal done. If that happens it could reduce his number for this year.

If the reports that Collins will be tendered are true that's 9.7M of the ~12 spent already(on 2 DTs),

throw in the the 3-5M for the rookie pool and we're probably in the negative...with quite a few holes to fill. Get to restructurin Phil!

I think we have something planned to free up more room. Peanut seems like the most likely option since he's playing at a pro-bowl caliber and he'd make one helluva a safety. Either way, this is a good move. I know we need to upgrade the offensive line, but if you lose a pro-bowl DT the defense gets one helluva a lot worse.

Word out in the twitersphere is the bears and Melton are on "on opposite ends of the world'' on a new deal." so that sounds like he's looking to get paid either way.

Ya there's gotta be some restructuring/extending in the works. You can only do so much in the draft and with UDFAs so something has got to happen.

Cutting pep won't gain us much in cap, maybe 6 million and we'd still lose 8 million in dead cap. I think restructuring him is tough too, but that would be our best option. That's the price you pay for having to reach in the fa well.

6 mil is another OL in FAgency, we just have to evaluate if it is worth it. If we let him play out his contract, we aint having much money to spend in the next few years.

I personally do not believe he's worth that price tag, but now this means they could technically trade him right? Not that they will, but if they could get something for him, that would be great.

It is apparent they want to keep him and gives them time to do a cap friendly contract. They seem to be moving slowly with the roster , due to evaluation? Havent figured what there up to. They will be resigning some of our own and cutting a few players, just cant figure why there waiting to cut the slack. Are we looking at a roster similar to last year? With Roach, Idonije, maybe Urlacher coming back? God I hope not, we have a fresh start with a New coach and Emery and need to purge forward and get our offense in the modern version of the NFL. the only new players will be draft picks, so that means a OL, TE, and LB added to the mix that might make a difference. Hopefully last years draft class, McClellin, Evan, Hardin, UDFA Brown take a step forward and contribute.

I personally do not believe he's worth that price tag, but now this means they could technically trade him right? Not that they will, but if they could get something for him, that would be great.

Can't be traded til melton has signed the tag and i don't believe he has actually signed it yet

6don't is another OL in FAgency, we just have to evaluate if it is worth it. If we let him play out his contract, we aint having much money to spend in the next few years.

That is true, but then we would need another dominant DE. Too bad we don't know what Shea can do year two.