DJ Moore will be gone

Ed Hochuli 3:16

per McClure. Moore was told he is not in the team's plans.

That is not surprising. After his comments about Cutler, his playing time was cut in favor of Hayden who sucked IMO.In the beginning Moore had Mike Brown -like presence catching deflections for TDs etc but, more recently his coverage skills were exposed by some of the better slot WRs in the league.

This could end up being a mistake. He was bad this past season, but the previous two he was very good. I wouldn't be surprised if he were to catch on to a team and perform like what Corey Graham has done with the Ravens. Thought maybe with a coaching change he might stick with the team, but obviously they felt like he needed a change of scenery.

This could end up being a mistake. He was bad this past season, but the previous two he was very good. I wouldn't be surprised if he were to catch on to a team and perform like what Corey Graham has done with the Ravens. Thought maybe with a coaching change he might stick with the team, but obviously they felt like he needed a change of scenery.

Sad to see him go but i do agree a change of scenery was best for both sides

He was cheap and solid in nickel coverage by and large. I agree with you, seems like an unnecessary move this early in the off-season.

Let's just set something straight. He was not cut. He was simply told the team will not be offering him a contract.

We have Frey,Lewis, and McManis signed to 2 ye,2y, 4 yr contracts respectively. I would say we already have our NB on our roster. They must have plans for at least McManis to give him a 4 yr contract.

Can't say I recall DJ's name mentioned too often on special teams. Hard to support that on game day and he was never going to be a good cover guy on the outside. Despite some of his good play at NB, both of those factors impact game day rosters and I think the team decided to go with more versatile players.

http://www.chicagobears.com/team/roster/dj...6-f3e71da67384/

..."Credited with 6 special teams stops"...

That covers his pro career!

Completely agreed. I believe the problem with DJ Moore's play this year is directly related to his playing time. Play-makers can't just turn it on every play. Play-makers need opportunity.

Can't say I recall DJ's name mentioned too often on special teams. Hard to support that on game day and he was never going to be a good cover guy on the outside. Despite some of his good play at NB, both of those factors impact game day rosters and I think the team decided to go with more versatile players.

http://www.chicagobears.com/team/roster/dj...6-f3e71da67384/

..."Credited with 6 special teams stops"...

That covers his pro career!

You have to look at the roster we signed Lewis to replace Moore. He is faster bigger and cheaper at this point. And he is a special teams player plus he can return kicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOoVlprtmlo

Lewis, LeQuan CB 5-11 190 24 1 Arizona State

30 Moore, D.J. CB 5-9 180 25 4 Vanderbilt

What? The Bears didn't give him that contract. That's his rookie deal from Houston...

You are RIGHT again, we traded for him and that is the contract we assumed. I can see with you around I am going to have to research all comments before I make them. No room for casual statements on here.

You are RIGHT again, we traded for him and that is the contract we assumed. I can see with you around I am going to have to research all comments before I make them. No room for casual statements on here.

There's a difference between "they have McManis under contract so maybe they'll give him a try" and "the Bears gave McManis a 4 year deal so they obviously believe in him."