NIGHTMARE MOCK DRAFT

jason

No trades. Make it somewhat realistic (i.e. no kickers in the first round).

1. Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU. The Bears pass on multiple OL prospects for a LB. He is potentially overrated because of the skill level in front of him at LSU, and because of his questioned speed.

2. Vance McDonald, TE, Rice. Ertz and Eifert go early and the Bears panic. Could be McDonald/Escobar/Kelce, but it still ends up being a really bad reach.

4. Stedman Bailey, WR, WVU. A smaller, bad fit WR who would do next-to-nothing to improve the offense, and will most likely have a hard time translating his skills to the NFL level.

5. JC Tretter, OG, Cornell. The OL issues are recognized, but the coaches get too cute with a small-college guy, thinking they can transform him into a pro-bowler. Flashbacks of Tice and Webb flood our minds.

6. Stefphon Jefferson, RB, Nevada. This would be a wasted pick, and it would piss Forte off.

That would be a nightmare draft. What's your nightmare draft?

I would say any draft that consists of OL or Safeties who come in with an extensive injury history. Always been a pet peeve of mine. I'm not going to name specific players because the last time we did that I put Shea McClellin and we ended up drafting him.. He could still turn out to be a good pick, but at the time I was furious.

No trades. Make it somewhat realistic (i.e. no kickers in the first round).

1. Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU. The Bears pass on multiple OL prospects for a LB. He is potentially overrated because of the skill level in front of him at LSU, and because of his questioned speed.

2. Vance McDonald, TE, Rice. Ertz and Eifert go early and the Bears panic. Could be McDonald/Escobar/Kelce, but it still ends up being a really bad reach.

4. Stedman Bailey, WR, WVU. A smaller, bad fit WR who would do next-to-nothing to improve the offense, and will most likely have a hard time translating his skills to the NFL level.

5. JC Tretter, OG, Cornell. The OL issues are recognized, but the coaches get too cute with a small-college guy, thinking they can transform him into a pro-bowler. Flashbacks of Tice and Webb flood our minds.

6. Stefphon Jefferson, RB, Nevada. This would be a wasted pick, and it would piss Forte off.

That would be a nightmare draft. What's your nightmare draft?

I am not sure how much of a nightmare this would be. Minter is in many mock drafts a 1st round pick,and has overtaken the great Te'o in some rating, so not such a reach.

McDonald will be a 2nd round pick by someone, and would not be a reach at 50

Bailey had been noted with talent but because he didnt run great at the combine has been downgraded. Another player than may or may not be good, but will probably be a 4th round pick.

here is a nightmare draft BPA draft.

#1 Xaiver Rhoades/CB/FS

#2 Matt Barkely/QB/USC

#4 Jordon Mills/OT/LT

#5 Michael Williams/TE/Ala

#6 Will Periack/DT/Colo

We dont address our needs till middle rounds of draft.

I am not sure how much of a nightmare this would be. Minter is in many mock drafts a 1st round pick,and has overtaken the great Te'o in some rating, so not such a reach.

McDonald will be a 2nd round pick by someone, and would not be a reach at 50

Bailey had been noted with talent but because he didnt run great at the combine has been downgraded. Another player than may or may not be good, but will probably be a 4th round pick.

here is a nightmare draft BPA draft.

#1 Xaiver Rhoades/CB/FS

#2 Matt Barkely/QB/USC

#4 Jordon Mills/OT/LT

#5 Michael Williams/TE/Ala

#6 Will Periack/DT/Colo

We dont address our needs till middle rounds of draft.

Minter wouldn't be a reach. Never said he would be. But I wouldn't like the pick because I don't think he's really 1st round material.

And I'm not keen on one of the second tier TEs. Either nut-up, get one of the two big boys of the draft, or address it later since the team already has Rodriguez.

As for your nightmare draft...I also hate it. Rhoades? No. Barkley in the 2nd? Yeah, might as well mark Cutler down for "I don't give a damn." That would be a bad draft.

I'd be most disappointed if we take the 5th or 6th best OT in the first. It would mean that rather than going after the best player available, or spending money to fill the biggest hole, we used our first round pick on the biggest need. It's one of the reasons Angelo's first rounders failed so often.

I think if you have a hole at a critical starting position (like OT, for example), you have to fill it in FA, or you are going to be playing catchup to the rest of the league every year, and you are going to miss out on impact players because you are reaching for need.

I kind of felt like we did that last year with McClellin. We'll see if he pans out.

I'd be most disappointed if we take the 5th or 6th best OT in the first. It would mean that rather than going after the best player available, or spending money to fill the biggest hole, we used our first round pick on the biggest need. It's one of the reasons Angelo's first rounders failed so often.

I think if you have a hole at a critical starting position (like OT, for example), you have to fill it in FA, or you are going to be playing catchup to the rest of the league every year, and you are going to miss out on impact players because you are reaching for need.

I kind of felt like we did that last year with McClellin. We'll see if he pans out.

That thinking what if the best player available is a Quaterback? Barkley or Smith? I dont buy that until after the first round. Best player available 2-7. With as many holes as we got we need OL, LB, TE. in that order, QB or RB is the last thing we need.

Minter wouldn't be a reach. Never said he would be. But I wouldn't like the pick because I don't think he's really 1st round material.

And I'm not keen on one of the second tier TEs. Either nut-up, get one of the two big boys of the draft, or address it later since the team already has Rodriguez.

As for your nightmare draft...I also hate it. Rhoades? No. Barkley in the 2nd? Yeah, might as well mark Cutler down for "I don't give a damn." That would be a bad draft.

A perrenial playoff team in our division spent a 1st rd pick on a QB with a HOF QB on the roster,that turned out pretty well.I'm not saying I'm on board with them taking a QB early but,maybe Cutler needs a jolt in the pants to become more consistent.

A perrenial playoff team in our division spent a 1st rd pick on a QB with a HOF QB on the roster,that turned out pretty well.I'm not saying I'm on board with them taking a QB early but,maybe Cutler needs a jolt in the pants to become more consistent.

Major difference is gb took rodgers because he fell so far on draft day. Andrew Brandt who was in GB front office has said numerous times that they had no intentions of taking a qb in rd 1 but felt compelled to because of the value of the pick. And many believe that this yr there isn't a qb that should go in rd 1

Major difference is gb took rodgers because he fell so far on draft day. Andrew Brandt who was in GB front office has said numerous times that they had no intentions of taking a qb in rd 1 but felt compelled to because of the value of the pick. And many believe that this yr there isn't a qb that should go in rd 1

Actually, If you look at the two drafts, you could make some very similar comparisons to the quarterback class and the overall lack of top end talent. I don't think Rodgers or Smith were all that different from Matt Barkley and Geno Smith this year coming into it.

I actually think Matt Barkley is going to be really good. He'll be the best QB in this class before it's all said and done.