Is Hester about sign a contract extension?

AZ54

Like Cutler, Hester is another guy that I was never as high on, from the get-go, as most other fans...as a returner, even. Such a large portion of his results in any given year depended on how well Toub's blockers had solidified as a unit. If anything, at WR I think he exceeded my expectations relative to what I feared when it was announced we were switching him to O. For a couple of years there, I was even starting to think "well, guess i was wrong". But with respect to WR, I think he either needed some basic level of experience or a special knack for the position to go along with his elite physical skills, but having neither isn't good enough.

Still, I felt he may have been the best returner in the league over these past years, and I value personnel stability, so I wasn't calling for him to be traded...especially without knowing what we get in return. His return to start our Super Bowl appearance is one of the highlights of my years of being a Bears fan. And the fan in me knows that Sundays would be a little less interesting without him out there.

You dont become a great KRer because of only your blocking. He was great at it, but he doesnt have it anymore. If he was making 1 mil could afford to take the chance he might get it back, but at 2.8 mil, we cant afford to take that chance.

Hindsight is 20/20. If he were traded after 2007, virtually everyone on the planet would have called it a stupid move. Eleven return TDs in the first two years?! That's ridiculous. This board would have exploded, and I'm sure at least one or two would have had heart attacks. On top of that, we would have been talking about how the trade was probably bad in retrospect because of his six subsequent return TDs.

Yep. I'd have had a heart attack if we'd traded him. Hell, every now and again I go to youtube and watch Devin Hester highlights. It makes me so damn happy. Especially the one in 2007 vs. the Vikings were he's circled by 5 queens and somehow he just runs past them. I compare it to a Clint Eastwood movie where five gunslingers have him dead to rights, and so how he shoots them all and escapes.

I think of my greatest football sports memories and Devin Hester is in so many of them. (Granted, my current #1 play is Tim Jennings with a pick 6 against Carolina in the 4th quarter last November but that's mainly because I had a bird's eye view). Hester returning the opening kick of the Super bowl? How can anyone say we should have traded him? Freaking ridiculous. I love everything he's done here. I think he's past the point of continuing to do what he's done, but man he's been great.

Yep. I'd have had a heart attack if we'd traded him. Hell, every now and again I go to youtube and watch Devin Hester highlights. It makes me so damn happy. Especially the one in 2007 vs. the Vikings were he's circled by 5 queens and somehow he just runs past them. I compare it to a Clint Eastwood movie where five gunslingers have him dead to rights, and so how he shoots them all and escapes.

I think of my greatest football sports memories and Devin Hester is in so many of them. (Granted, my current #1 play is Tim Jennings with a pick 6 against Carolina in the 4th quarter last November but that's mainly because I had a bird's eye view). Hester returning the opening kick of the Super bowl? How can anyone say we should have traded him? Freaking ridiculous. I love everything he's done here. I think he's past the point of continuing to do what he's done, but man he's been great.

I have a bigger stake in Hester than all you guys. The year the Bears went to the Superbowl, I was vacationing in Cabo and made one of those stupid side bets. Mine was 50 on Hester being the first person to score a TD at 35 to one odds. Needless to say, the Bears were winning and I just won 1700.00. I was flying high, then the assholes lost, but Hester gave me a big payday. I have fond memories, but he doesnt have it anymore,sorry.

Hindsight is 20/20. If he were traded after 2007, virtually everyone on the planet would have called it a stupid move. Eleven return TDs in the first two years?! That's ridiculous. This board would have exploded, and I'm sure at least one or two would have had heart attacks. On top of that, we would have been talking about how the trade was probably bad in retrospect because of his six subsequent return TDs.

And then those hearts would've been quickly repaired had they gotten a 1st and a 3rd and taken Duane Brown and Jermichael Finley or Cliff Avril. Brown is arguably a top 3 LT and Finley and Avril are both guys who would help any team, one of which (Finley) has been linked to the Bears if he gets cut.

And then those hearts would've been quickly repaired had they gotten a 1st and a 3rd and taken Duane Brown and Jermichael Finley or Cliff Avril. Brown is arguably a top 3 LT and Finley and Avril are both guys who would help any team, one of which (Finley) has been linked to the Bears if he gets cut.

Again, hindsight is 20/20. IF we'd gotten a 1st and a 3rd and IF we drafted those guys . . . but no team was giving us a 1st and a 3rd. If they did in 2007, we'd have drafted Gaines Adams.

While we are at it, in the 2000 NFL draft, I really think we should have drafted Tom Brady in the 6th round instead of Paul Edinger. Yep. That's what we should have done. I even said it at the time.

Again, hindsight is 20/20. IF we'd gotten a 1st and a 3rd and IF we drafted those guys . . . but no team was giving us a 1st and a 3rd. If they did in 2007, we'd have drafted Gaines Adams.

While we are at it, in the 2000 NFL draft, I really think we should have drafted Tom Brady in the 6th round instead of Paul Edinger. Yep. That's what we should have done. I even said it at the time.

We werent smart enough to draft well that year, so its a mute point.