Eric Winston

Stinger226

Winston was released today by KC. He didnt play well last year, but was one of the better RTs two years ago in Houston. May be able to add him for a reasonable price.

I heard he was very good against the run. Unfortunately i have no facts on him. He is just 29. Wonder how much he's looking for

Winston was released today by KC. He didnt play well last year, but was one of the better RTs two years ago in Houston. May be able to add him for a reasonable price.

Hell yes. He immediately becomes the best player on the Bears offensive line. That being said, the fact he was cut tells me that he is average at best. So I would like to reiterate that average at best, probably immediately makes him the best player on the Bears offensive line.

I slightly exaggerated there, but I do wonder what made the Chiefs dump him. I know I'd have loved to see him in a Bears uniform last season but we had no interest. Heck, we were more interested in Jeremy Mincey than Winston.

He only gave up 3 sacks last year, but you all love Carimi so no thanks I guess.

All the Chiefs did last year was run and dump the ball off quickly. Brandon Albert gave up one sack, Winston gave up 3 sacks, yet KC had the worst passing offense in the league. Heck, Bears tackles have been known to give up more than 4 sacks in the first half of a game. It took Albert and Winston and entire season to do less damage. Winston is cut and Albert is being moved. What does that tell you?

All the Chiefs did last year was run and dump the ball off quickly. Brandon Albert gave up one sack, Winston gave up 3 sacks, yet KC had the worst passing offense in the league. Heck, Bears tackles have been known to give up more than 4 sacks in the first half of a game. It took Albert and Winston and entire season to do less damage. Winston is cut and Albert is being moved. What does that tell you?

Albert is getting moved? Can you provide a link?

Again, I don't know if this means anything but KC was losing A BUNCH last year. Is it possible that maybe 3 sacks for Winston and 1 for Albert is quite impressive seeing as if DE's/OLB's knew that the Chiefs had to do a lot of passing since they were ALWAYS losing by A BUNCH?

Hell yes. He immediately becomes the best player on the Bears offensive line. That being said, the fact he was cut tells me that he is average at best. So I would like to reiterate that average at best, probably immediately makes him the best player on the Bears offensive line.

I slightly exaggerated there, but I do wonder what made the Chiefs dump him. I know I'd have loved to see him in a Bears uniform last season but we had no interest. Heck, we were more interested in Jeremy Mincey than Winston.

I remember some of us clamoring for him last year. I'm thinking we'll stand pat at tackle and upgrade the interior, as it is worse off.

I remember some of us clamoring for him last year. I'm thinking we'll stand pat at tackle and upgrade the interior, as it is worse off.

If we can anybody that is an upgrade we need to do it. I think they are dumping him for money reasons and the fact Alberts doesn't want to play OG. They plan to put him at RT.

Again, I don't know if this means anything but KC was losing A BUNCH last year. Is it possible that maybe 3 sacks for Winston and 1 for Albert is quite impressive seeing as if DE's/OLB's knew that the Chiefs had to do a lot of passing since they were ALWAYS losing by A BUNCH?

The Chiefs were actually close to the bottom of the league in passing attempts last year. Even if a team is always losing, if they can't convert 3rd downs, they don't rack up the attempts in the passing game. They threw the ball 475 times last year, good for 29th most attempts in the league. On top of that, they did have a successful running game sometimes (Charles single handedly beat the Saints for them, IIRC).

Of course, the Bears threw the ball 485 times, good for 27th in the league, so the total attempts line up pretty well if you're comparing sacks given up.

I should have said that Albert is rumored to change positions. This seems more likely after they dumped their RT which opens the way for them to draft Luke Joeckel with the #1 pick. Sheer speculation.

I should have said that Albert is rumored to change positions. This seems more likely after they dumped their RT which opens the way for them to draft Luke Joeckel with the #1 pick. Sheer speculation.

If I were KC, I would trade down and get some extra picks. Lane Johnson will end up being the best player in this draft and they could get him later.

If I were KC, I would trade down and get some extra picks. Lane Johnson will end up being the best player in this draft and they could get him later.

If someone wanted the first pick I'm sure they'd be open to it, but they're not likely to see the kind of demand for it that there was last year.