Bears & Url talking...

madlithuanian

Guest TerraTor
They need to start restructuring some contracts. Free Agency is right around the corner.

I was gonna say, they should b talking to Peppers. And shooting Kellen Davis

As Andrew Brandt says. "Deadlines spur action". I have a hard time thinking we will go into FA completely satisfied with current team

The problem is if we bring in back at a reasonable price, we still have to draft a replacement, because he will not play 16 games. His body wont let him.

The problem is if we bring in back at a reasonable price, we still have to draft a replacement, because he will not play 16 games. His body wont let him.

That's the difference between taking a LB in rounds #1 or #2 vs. taking a guy in rounds 4 or 5. At this point we'd be drafting a back-up and special teamer we hope could develop into an eventual starter. That won't likely happen, but bringing Urlacher back for one year buys us some time.

Currently listening to the SCORE and Lawrence Holmes is talking with Izzy about how Urlacher is the lynch-pin of the defense.

That's the difference between taking a LB in rounds #1 or #2 vs. taking a guy in rounds 4 or 5. At this point we'd be drafting a back-up and special teamer we hope could develop into an eventual starter. That won't likely happen, but bringing Urlacher back for one year buys us some time.

Currently listening to the SCORE and Lawrence Holmes is talking with Izzy about how Urlacher is the lynch-pin of the defense.

He is a leader of the defense, but if he dont come cheap, we dont have the luxury of having him here. 3 mil, tops and I can accept him around another year.

He is a leader of the defense, but if he dont come cheap, we dont have the luxury of having him here. 3 mil, tops and I can accept him around another year.

Maybe structure the contract so it looks better to the public. Like 2 years 10mil with all sorts of incentives he will never get.

Maybe structure the contract so it looks better to the public. Like 2 years 10mil with all sorts of incentives he will never get.

He needs to just suck it up and play a 2 yr, 5 mil and live with it. What kind of incentives will he have, like playing 12 games? That means you paid him to much to play 11.

vaughn mcclure ‏@vxmcclure23

Can confirm report by @LouCanellis that Brian Urlacher's agents submitted contract proposal to Bears today and waiting for counter offer.

Wonder what Brian and his camps looking for, hopefully it's not too far off from what the Bears can offer. At a good price I'd take him back. I wouldn't be devastated to see him go as I think he's no doubt lost a step, but even after losing a step he's still probably on par with Te'o =p ...I also don't think it's a lock that he'll miss time if he does come back like someone here mentioned.

He looked good in that short little workout posted on twitter.

Wonder what Brian and his camps looking for, hopefully it's not too far off from what the Bears can offer. At a good price I'd take him back. I wouldn't be devastated to see him go as I think he's no doubt lost a step, but even after losing a step he's still probably on par with Te'o =p ...I also don't think it's a lock that he'll miss time if he does come back like someone here mentioned.

He looked good in that short little workout posted on twitter.

There is no (set in stone) that he will not play all 16 games but another year older and history shows us he didnt play a full year in the last 2. Doesnt sound like something you bet your house on. And now he has a bum knee, that aint coming back full strength no matter how you want to put it.

I think this is where an "incentive laden" contract should be in play with bonuses for XX ## of games played, making the Pro Bowl, etc...

I do not think URL is as washed up as many think. He has had some injuries over the past few years but I would not be surprised to see him have an outstanding year if he returns. No, not the URL of 10 years ago, but still one of the top tier MLBs in the league.

Do you honestly think the Bears will bet the entire house on Url?

They will take him back at a reasonable price. Maybe slightly more than he is actually worth for years of service, etc...but not Flacco money.

There is no (set in stone) that he will not play all 16 games but another year older and history shows us he didnt play a full year in the last 2. Doesnt sound like something you bet your house on. And now he has a bum knee, that aint coming back full strength no matter how you want to put it.

Agreed Pix.

I think there will be enough common ground that will make the team, Url, & fanbase happy...

I think this is where an "incentive laden" contract should be in play with bonuses for XX ## of games played, making the Pro Bowl, etc...

I do not think URL is as washed up as many think. He has had some injuries over the past few years but I would not be surprised to see him have an outstanding year if he returns. No, not the URL of 10 years ago, but still one of the top tier MLBs in the league.

Urlachers starting asking price is 2 years 5 million a year per multilble sources.

That sounds fair, I agree with the Lithuanian that it could dip down to 2/4....I've said in the past I'd take him back for no more than 3M a year so I'm cool with this....The hammy looked good in that little clip on twitter.

Especially if he gets a hold of the deer antler spray that Ray Lewis used. Apparently that stuff can repair an injury in approximately 1/10th of the time it would normally take.

Urlachers starting asking price is 2 years 5 million a year per multilble sources.

If that's the case, the ink should be drying shortly. Even if Urlacher's side does budge, that is a reasonable contract for the face of the franchise. He's not trying to break the bank; he's trying to retire a Bear.

Especially if he gets a hold of the deer antler spray that Ray Lewis used. Apparently that stuff can repair an injury in approximately 1/10th of the time it would normally take.

The injury, at this point is a non issue other than residual effects. He was potentially gonna play week 17 right? So he should have enough time to get it back to as close as 100% as it will be for next year.

That move, for those who haven't seen it, looks like it would require some strong knees/hamstrings so that's a positive.

If that's the case, the ink should be drying shortly. Even if Urlacher's side does budge, that is a reasonable contract for the face of the franchise. He's not trying to break the bank; he's trying to retire a Bear.

You are kidding right? 5 mil a year for an aged and injury prone, average production LB. He was ranked 29th our of 35 MLB starters last year in tackling efficiency. Because of our cap space, 2 years at 2.5 mil a year is stretching it. Buy a nice poster of Urlacher and lets get a good football player, or a cheap one.