Guest TerraTor

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/cap-hit/

Kellen Davis - 3.5 - GONE

Bush - 3.5 - GONE

Spaeth - 2.0 - GONE

Tillman - 8.0 - Long term, cut in Half

Peppers - 16 - No idea...

Marshall - 9.0 - Extension/BONUS

Bingo. This is the site i use to get alot of my info. If u purchase the premium service u can get further break down of contract but i haven't done that

Cutting Bush wouldn't help, I thought.

If it really does wipe out 3.5M in cap I'd cut him. With the rumor they're gonna utilize a FB (Harvey Unga anyone?) I'd give him the short yardage duties and pick up a guy in the 5th or 6th to back Forte.

Bush is nice to have but with the cap situation they put their selves in I'd let him go.....Kinda doubt that happens a year after signing a multi year contract, as I'm sure Phil already knows the situation, but it's what I'd do.

Him fumbling and sucking doesnt help anyone. Let alone the money

Ok let me get this straigh. U would rather take cap hit of $4.1M to release him instead of 3.55Mfor his suckyness(i know not a word) of his 5 TDsin just 114 attempts and only 1 fumble. If that's right im glad your not running our cap situation

Guest TerraTor
Ok let me get this straigh. U would rather take cap hit of $4.1M to release him instead of 3.55Mfor his suckyness(i know not a word) of his 5 TDsin just 114 attempts and only 1 fumble. If that's right im glad your not running our cap situation

If i was in charge, bush woulda never been on the team. Made that quite clear when he was signed.

If i was in charge, bush woulda never been on the team. Made that quite clear when he was signed.

BINGO!!!! I didn't really think the move was that good either. Well, it was a great business move for the Bears, because it handcuffed Forte who was thinking of holding out, but it wasn't that great because I didn't think he'd get many carries/stats, it would piss Forte off (which it did), and the role could have been filled for much cheaper.

I understand that. Many agree with you. However he is here weather or not anyone likes i. Btw that is a totally different subject all togethe. The question is would u cut him and pay 4.1M against the cap or have him here and get at least something in return for 3.55M. Considering our cap situation i think its a no brainer

BINGO!!!! I didn't really think the move was that good either. Well, it was a great business move for the Bears, because it handcuffed Forte who was thinking of holding out, but it wasn't that great because I didn't think he'd get many carries/stats, it would piss Forte off (which it did), and the role could have been filled for much cheaper.

Matt Forte has never been good in short yardage/goal line situations. That's been the case across 3 different OC's now. Like it or not, he needs a touchdown hog, because he runs into the defense and goes down a yard short.

I understand that. Many agree with you. However he is here weather or not anyone likes i. Btw that is a totally different subject all togethe. The question is would u cut him and pay 4.1M against the cap or have him here and get at least something in return for 3.55M. Considering our cap situation i think its a no brainer

The trick is, if you dont keep him you only save .5 mil. Thats the same has having a minimum salaried player in his place. I choose to keep him.

Matt Forte has never been good in short yardage/goal line situations. That's been the case across 3 different OC's now. Like it or not, he needs a touchdown hog, because he runs into the defense and goes down a yard short.

I believe that has a lot to do with the worst part of the team over that same stretch of time. He does not need a TD hog. He needs the same thing this Offense has needed the entire time: an OL. Hard to get the tough yards when you lead the league in getting hit in the backfield.

I believe that has a lot to do with the worst part of the team over that same stretch of time. He does not need a TD hog. He needs the same thing this Offense has needed the entire time: an OL. Hard to get the tough yards when you lead the league in getting hit in the backfield.

Just read, that I wasnt sure about, we cant sign players that put us over the cap. So that means if we dont start dropping players and re do contracts, were stuck on about 4 mil to play with, which aint getting us much of anything. It could be a quiet tuesday coming.

Once 3:00 hits on Tuesday, the Bears will do their due dilligence. If there is a player they want for more than what they have, they'll likely then start restructuring/cutting. It's just a guess.

Do you have any insight from your contact as to the REAL players we seek? Smoke and mirrors and plenty of sources post we want everybody, so what do you got.

Once 3:00 hits on Tuesday, the Bears will do their due dilligence. If there is a player they want for more than what they have, they'll likely then start restructuring/cutting. It's just a guess.

thanx, I dont always agree with everything you say, but you are insightful most of the time.

That's where I came up with these numbers: http://www.talkbears.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8836

Bush would cost more to cut, so he is staying.

I would say the possible cap casualties would be: Davis, Hester, Gould, Bennett, Spaeth, and Webb

Possible Restructures/Extensions: Peppers, Cutler, Marshall, Melton, Tillman, and Briggs

That's where I came up with these numbers: http://www.talkbears.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8836

I would say the possible cap casualties would be: Davis, Hester, Gould, Bennett, Spaeth, and Webb

Possible Restructures/Extensions: Peppers, Cutler, Marshall, Melton, Tillman, and Briggs

they wont be re doing Pepps contract, it moves to much money out on the that will kill us in the next few years.

As I've said in the past I'm not "Cap savvy" in the slightest but isn't it possible to restructure a contract in a way that you merely convert the players salary into bonus money?? If possible wouldn't it add to the cap and save them from future cap hell??

I swear I've heard of teams do this but it doesn't seem right...I guess they'd also have to have the extra pocket money to do so as well.

As I've said in the past I'm not "Cap savvy" in the slightest but isn't it possible to restructure a contract in a way that you merely convert the players salary into bonus money?? If possible wouldn't it add to the cap and save them from future cap hell??

I swear I've heard of teams do this but it doesn't seem right...I guess they'd also have to have the extra pocket money to do so as well.

I heard Bob LeGere on the SCORE talking about this, and from what he said, you convert it to bonus money and then divide it among the years left on the contract or add a couple of years and instead of the two years, divide it by 4. But the problem is let say we cut him in two years, you take huge cap hits because it all comes due the year you cut him.

Sorry but i don't want to see gould gone. He's pretty valuable