brandon moore

Ed Hochuli 3:16

I wouldn't mind it if the money is right. Groom James Brown or a mid/late round DP behind him to come in and take over when he's gone. OG is obviously a HUGE need. I'd prefer Levitre but he could break the bank.

This. Get a guy like this play now and draft a guard to develop. No reason to think Moore can't continue to be good over the course of a three year contract, which buys us time to get our depth sorted out.

Too old for me. Rather have guys that'll be here for more than 1-2 seasons, not a band-aid.

Agreed. Sounds like a Fred Miller situation. If they do grab Moore, they still need to place a high draft pick on his eventual replacement.

According to NFL.com, will be 33 in June, 9 year starter, Pro Bowl in 2011, hasn't missed a game since 2003 (so no health issues).

Suppose to be considered the 3rd most talented OG in 2013 FA.

Obviously, at age 33 for the 2013 season, this would have to be a "CHEAP" stop gap signing while developing other options for the future.

Looks like I beat you to the punch by ONE minute :lol:

Yes, Moore is good. It's too bad he's old.

Ruben Brown was old and we got mileage out of him. He is an upgrade to anything we have and he was actually rated higher by PFF than the great Levirte/Bills. Age means we may only get 2 years our of him, but I am all in.

This. Get a guy like this play now and draft a guard to develop. No reason to think Moore can't continue to be good over the course of a three year contract, which buys us time to get our depth sorted out.

He automatically becomes the best OLinemen we have. Sign him cheap, draft a 5th rounder to develop and have a margarita.

Ruben Brown was old and we got mileage out of him. He is an upgrade to anything we have and he was actually rated higher by PFF than the great Levirte/Bills. Age means we may only get 2 years our of him, but I am all in.

His overall grade was better than Levitres yes but thats due too him being much better in the run game. Levitre was the top rated OG at pass protection in the whole league. That plus his age is why I'd want him over Moore

Moore vs Levitre in pass protection- +5.6 vs +15.7....+5.6 was still good for 18th in the league which is still pretty good but I'd rather pay a little more (if possible) to bring in the best pass protecting OG in the league.

I'd be happy with either though.

His overall grade was better than Levitres yes but thats due too him being much better in the run game. Levitre was the top rated OG at pass protection in the whole league. That plus his age is why I'd want him over Moore

Moore vs Levitre in pass protection- +5.6 vs +15.7....+5.6 was still good for 18th in the league which is still pretty good but I'd rather pay a little more (if possible) to bring in the best pass protecting OG in the league.

I'd be happy with either though.

Your talking about paying 2 to 3 mil for Moore or 7 to 8 for Levitre. THATS not a little more. We dont have the cap space to do that.

To me, the question is, would you rather have Moore and Jared Cook/Brandon Myers, or Levitre and Kellen Davis/1st round TE/2nd tier TE like Anthony Fasano or Ben Watson. I'd rather get one of the good TEs in FA, Moore, and draft a guard to take over for Moore in a couple years.

Agreed...

To me, the question is, would you rather have Moore and Jared Cook/Brandon Myers, or Levitre and Kellen Davis/1st round TE/2nd tier TE like Anthony Fasano or Ben Watson. I'd rather get one of the good TEs in FA, Moore, and draft a guard to take over for Moore in a couple years.

Sounds like it fixes nothing longterm

We pretty much need five new starting o-lineman. How the hell do you make the offensive line good AND make it for the long term in one offseason when you have little cap room???

We still have to sign Lance Louis, and if he's anything like Derrick Rose, he might not be back until the Super Bowl.

We need talent. Young, old, in their prime. We need it. The fix is going to take 2-3 years.

First off, are you comparing Kellen Davis to Anthony Fasano and Ben Watson? Of those three, I take Davis last. Fasano and Watson aren't as talented, but they're not nearly as bad either.

We HAVE to sign one good offensive lineman. We should sign more but we have to sign one. Can we have that one guy where we can say, "he's our starter!" Aside from Garza who will be 34, we can't say that about any of the five o-lineman. In a good year, we'd be talking about drafting Garza's replacement. This year we are worried about replacing the guys who may be playing next to him that we haven't signed yet.

Your talking about paying 2 to 3 mil for Moore or 7 to 8 for Levitre. THATS not a little more. We dont have the cap space to do that.

We supposedly have like 3.5 million in cap space. I don't know how we will do it, but I promise we will sign players to contracts far exceeding that.

We pretty much need five new starting o-lineman. How the hell do you make the offensive line good AND make it for the long term in one offseason when you have little cap room???

We still have to sign Lance Louis, and if he's anything like Derrick Rose, he might not be back until the Super Bowl.

We need talent. Young, old, in their prime. We need it. The fix is going to take 2-3 years.

Your so right, you cant fix all of our problems in one off season. We need to sign one in FAgency (someone like Moore, or a King Dunlap) cheaply that can bridge a gap until we are able to draft and develop more players. Then we the first pick grab one. Say hopefully Cooper or maybe D.J Fluker and then we have to fit them in around what we have to get to a decent line play. Maybe we can draft in the 4th or 5th rounds a OC to groom to replace Garza because that story is coming to an end.Our cap space will be found by cutting players and restructuring a few others.

What about that Thomas kid from NE? He filled in for some games and graded very well, He's young and will likely come cheap.

What about that Thomas kid from NE? He filled in for some games and graded very well, He's young and will likely come cheap.

I've brought him up as well as Kory Lichtensteiger and Ramon Foster. Last night, Sean Jensen reported they have interest in Foster. He's only 27 and might come cheaper than Thomas and obviously Levitre.

I've been on board with the second tier FA OG for some time. Can't see us breaking the bank for the top guy when we need to fill a lot of spots. If Moore gives us two good seasons, and that's two good seasons for Kromer to find and develop his replacement then I'm good with it. Add in the extra cap space to sign Jared Cook and it's a no brainer.

Still gotta draft an OG in Rd 1 or 2.