Who's on your Big Board?

Bears4Ever_34

Curious.. Let's assume everybody was available for the Bears to draft. How would your draft board look like today?

*Mine*

1- Luke Joekel, OT

Why?: Best pipedream scenario. Best OL in this class. Would be best available player IMO.

2- Eric Fisher, OT

Why?: Second best pipedream scenario. With Joekel gone, this guy would be the next best available.

3- Chance Warmack, OG

Why? Best guard in the draft. Some say he's the best overall player in the draft. Would be an absolute steal if he fell to 20.

4- Barkevious Mingo, DE/LB (Would play him at LB)

Why?: I really like Mingo as a 3-4 OLB, but if he somehow is still there at 20, which I don't anticipate, I would have to pull the plug and fit this kid into a role as an outside LB in our 4-3 defense, with the intentions of possibly one day switching to a 3-4.

5- Lane Johnson, OT

Why?: Most athletic lineman in the draft. Bit of a project though. Raw. Still worthy of being very high on the Bear's draft board if he's available. High risk, High reward IMO.

6- Tavon Austin, WR

Why?: Probably the 2nd best WR prospect available after Patterson. Why Austin ahead of Patterson? Positional reasons. Austin is a slot receiver, something the Bears need more consistency from (Bennett is never healthy, and a tad overrated for what he has done thus far in his career). Austin's size is a bit of a concern, and he's probably not going to give you the production you're looking for until year 2 or 3. He would be a huge weapon if his potential ever gets fulfilled.

7- Dion Jordan, DE/LB

Why?: Think Mingo is a slightly better player than Jordan, but I could envision the Bears using him in a similar way. Better suited to play OLB in a 3-4, but perhaps he's a Julian Peterson? If anything, he'd be one tall, athletic LB who certainly would have the ability to be a factor in the passing game.

8- Jonathon Cooper, OG

Why?: Probably the second best guard available in the draft, also the most athletic. I like him a lot. Shows great potential.

9- Corderrelle Patterson, WR

Why?: Even though he's an outside receiver, he would be very difficult to pass up from a value standpoint. Raw as hell, but not many tall WR's possess the kind of size and speed like this guy shows. When I watch him, I see a little bit of Demaryius Thomas/Julio Jones in him.

10- Alec Ogletree, LB

Why? The Bears will need a LB, regardless of Urlacher's decision. Ogletree is a former converted safety who shows that he has the ability to play the pass as well as he plays the run. He's not the freak athlete that many have called him, but he is still regarded as the best LB in the class.

I haven't really looked into players like Mingo or Jordan but they are very intriguing players, just a quick check on them tells me they can hang in coverage which sadly is a key in this defense.

Still really hard to say what my big board would look like before free agency since a lot will depend on that. I'm gonna be lame and refrain from a big board until after FA.

I haven't really looked into players like Mingo or Jordan but they are very intriguing players, just a quick check on them tells me they can hang in coverage which sadly is a key in this defense.

Still really hard to say what my big board would look like before free agency since a lot will depend on that. I'm gonna be lame and refrain from a big board until after FA.

True. I usually update my own board as we go along. Personally, I think with the exception of a big TE or WR signing, our needs will largely remain the same. Even with a Levitre signing, we'll still need help at OL. Same with Urlacher.

Thank you

Curious.. Let's assume everybody was available for the Bears to draft. How would your draft board look like today?

*Mine*

1- Luke Joekel, OT

Why?: Best pipedream scenario. Best OL in this class. Would be best available player IMO.

2- Eric Fisher, OT

Why?: Second best pipedream scenario. With Joekel gone, this guy would be the next best available.

3- Chance Warmack, OG

Why? Best guard in the draft. Some say he's the best overall player in the draft. Would be an absolute steal if he fell to 20.

4- Barkevious Mingo, DE/LB (Would play him at LB)

Why?: I really like Mingo as a 3-4 OLB, but if he somehow is still there at 20, which I don't anticipate, I would have to pull the plug and fit this kid into a role as an outside LB in our 4-3 defense, with the intentions of possibly one day switching to a 3-4.

5- Lane Johnson, OT

Why?: Most athletic lineman in the draft. Bit of a project though. Raw. Still worthy of being very high on the Bear's draft board if he's available. High risk, High reward IMO.

6- Tavon Austin, WR

Why?: Probably the 2nd best WR prospect available after Patterson. Why Austin ahead of Patterson? Positional reasons. Austin is a slot receiver, something the Bears need more consistency from (Bennett is never healthy, and a tad overrated for what he has done thus far in his career). Austin's size is a bit of a concern, and he's probably not going to give you the production you're looking for until year 2 or 3. He would be a huge weapon if his potential ever gets fulfilled.

7- Dion Jordan, DE/LB

Why?: Think Mingo is a slightly better player than Jordan, but I could envision the Bears using him in a similar way. Better suited to play OLB in a 3-4, but perhaps he's a Julian Peterson? If anything, he'd be one tall, athletic LB who certainly would have the ability to be a factor in the passing game.

8- Jonathon Cooper, OG

Why?: Probably the second best guard available in the draft, also the most athletic. I like him a lot. Shows great potential.

9- Corderrelle Patterson, WR

Why?: Even though he's an outside receiver, he would be very difficult to pass up from a value standpoint. Raw as hell, but not many tall WR's possess the kind of size and speed like this guy shows. When I watch him, I see a little bit of Demaryius Thomas/Julio Jones in him.

10- Alec Ogletree, LB

Why? The Bears will need a LB, regardless of Urlacher's decision. Ogletree is a former converted safety who shows that he has the ability to play the pass as well as he plays the run. He's not the freak athlete that many have called him, but he is still regarded as the best LB in the class.

#1 Joekel/LT

#2 Fischer/LT

#3 Johnson/LT

#4 Warmack/LG

#5 Copper/L

#6 Eifert/TE

#7 Austin/WR

#8 Werner/DE

#9 Jarvis Jones/DE

#10 Sharrif Floyd/DT

Guest TerraTor
Another unneeded comment. Stop trying to act like you're better than me before i start pointing out all your bad grammar and misspelled words. Lets just stop it right here, no need to take away from the board. Grow up.

Ha!

*Mine*

1- Luke Joekel, OT

2- Eric Fisher, OT

3- Chance Warmack, OG

5- Lane Johnson, OT

8- Jonathon Cooper, OG

X- DJ Fluker, OT

One of those guys will probably be there. Most likely it's Johnson or Cooper. The staff would be crazy not to pick either. If one of the guys before that are still there, they should be literally committed to an insane asylum if those players are not selected.

Another unneeded comment. Stop trying to act like you're better than me before i start pointing out all your bad grammar and misspelled words. Lets just stop it right here, no need to take away from the board. Grow up.

Let me see, you make little comments all the time, and thats OK? But when I do it, its immature? How is jacking with you, making myself better than you? I dont proof read everything I do, and could care less if I fluke an English grammar test, its about the content, not the vocabulary structure. Your not the only one on here I jack with, just the one that is the most fun.

I don't make little comments that bring no relevance to the conversation at hand. In the past 2 or 3 days you made 2 posts that brought nothing to the conversation and it's annoying. Stop it or step up your game up and add something more. I'm done, I won't be responding to whatever you have to say so don't waste your time.

I don't make little comments that bring no relevance to the conversation at hand. In the past 2 or 3 days you made 2 posts that brought nothing to the conversation and it's annoying. Stop it or step up your game up and add something more. I'm done, I won't be responding to whatever you have to say so don't waste your time.

And I have to again thank you.

Fixed your mess up in bold. I am not sure if you were talking about my grammar or a WR running for a TD with that comment of yours.

Fixed your mess up in bold. I am not sure if you were talking about my grammar or a WR running for a TD with that comment of yours.

Oh lord, you called Dustin Keller Kellen Davis...That wasn't a grammatical error, I was pointing out that you said the wrong player. There's a difference there sir. Just let it go and move on.

I'll go ahead and throw out my Big board to end this cycle.

Even though I've defended Webb I still couldn't pass on one of the LTs on the board. At this point you almost have to grab an OL if any of the top 5 guys are there.

1. Joeckel

2. Fisher

3. Johnson

4. Warmack

5. Cooper

6. Eifert

7. Jordan

8. Mingo (I've read enough about the last 2s play in coverage to think they'd work)

9. Ogletree

10. J. Jones

11. Ertz

12. Patterson

13. Austin

Adding any of these talents would be fantastic.

Let me see, you make little comments all the time, and thats OK? But when I do it, its immature? How is jacking with you, making myself better than you? I dont proof read everything I do, and could care less if I fluke an English grammar test, its about the content, not the vocabulary structure. Your not the only one on here I jack with, just the one that is the most fun.

and fluking a test is awesome.

Mine:

1. Lane Johnson

2. Jonathan Cooper

3. Tyler Eifert

4. DJ Fluker

5. Alec Ogletree