Cap Space

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Well you said Phil works under the radar right? He may already have things done and is waiting till Monday to finalize things. If they do end up releasing the guys we've speculated about (Hester, Davis, and Spaeth) they're at ~13-14M already. Extensions to Marshall and Peanut (if they happen) can probably add another 4-8M to that. Restructuring Pep, if they decide to do so can obviously add another good chunk Then little moves like extending Gould, releasing Big Toe and Mannelly could free up another 1-2M.

I can't imagine they're gonna stand pat here if they truly are talking to guys like Levitre, Jennings, Wallace. Cook and others....It'd be pointless unless they knew they can do a thing or 2 to free up some $$.

Good points. Although Spaeth has value as a good blocker and he's not an incompetent boob as a receiver. He just ain't fast. I don't know why we would cut him. I think his salary is 1.2 million.

The one I'm confused about is Kellen Davis. Next year he'll be making the veteran minimum for the Bears or another team. He's not bad enough to be out of the league "yet" (but he's close). Why haven't we cut him or restructured him?

Well you said Phil works under the radar right? He may already have things done and is waiting till Monday to finalize things. If they do end up releasing the guys we've speculated about (Hester, Davis, and Spaeth) they're at ~13-14M already. Extensions to Marshall and Peanut (if they happen) can probably add another 4-8M to that. Restructuring Pep, if they decide to do so can obviously add another good chunk Then little moves like extending Gould, releasing Big Toe and Mannelly could free up another 1-2M.

I can't imagine they're not gonna stand pat here if they truly are talking to guys like Levitre, Jennings, Wallace. Cook and others....It'd be pointless unless they knew they can do a thing or 2 to free up some $$.

Good points. Although Spaeth has value as a good blocker and he's not an incompetent boob as a receiver. He just ain't fast. I don't know why we would cut him. I think his salary is 1.2 million.

The one I'm confused about is Kellen Davis. Next year he'll be making the veteran minimum for the Bears or another team. He's not bad enough to be out of the league "yet" (but he's close). Why haven't we cut him or restructured him?

From my understanding on what little they have said about the type of TE they want neither guy really fits. They want a guy they can line up all over the place. You can't really line either Spaeth or Davis up anywhere other than in-line. I think they're looking for a guy they can line up in the slot a good portion of the time.

Davis was the worst TE in the league last year...He can probably end up somewhere as a back up but probably won't start anywhere. He's also no where near the vet minimum....And Spaeth, he's more of just a strictly blocking TE and I think the Bears will want more than that.

From my understanding on what little they have said about the type of TE they want neither guy really fits. They want a guy they can line up all over the place. You can't really line either Spaeth or Davis up anywhere other than in-line. I think they're looking for a guy they can line up in the slot a good portion of the time.

Davis was the worst TE in the league last year...He can probably end up somewhere as a back up but probably won't start anywhere. He's also no where near the vet minimum....And Spaeth, he's more of just a strictly blocking TE and I think the Bears will want more than that.

Because of the fact there new to us, they havent shown their hand. If it was Jerry and Lovie, we could pretty well figure it out. I think they have a plan, and they have a few days to get it done. I think we get a TE and OL in FAgency, and resign who we want left over from our own FAs. Its just a matter of getting the players at the price we want to spend. To be honest, the player salaries we need to fit our cap, is more of (after the dust settles) type of players. The type that could help the team but not flashy names. We get at reasonably prices. I hope they surprise me, but believe it or not, I like the same players you do, just think the money is going to be a problem.

Guest TerraTor
Because of the fact there new to us, they havent shown their hand. If it was Jerry and Lovie, we could pretty well figure it out. I think they have a plan, and they have a few days to get it done. I think we get a TE and OL in FAgency, and resign who we want left over from our own FAs. Its just a matter of getting the players at the price we want to spend. To be honest, the player salaries we need to fit our cap, is more of (after the dust settles) type of players. The type that could help the team but not flashy names. We get at reasonably prices. I hope they surprise me, but believe it or not, I like the same players you do, just think the money is going to be a problem.

personally, by adding an above average Passcatching TE, and even a small upgrade on OL, our offense becomes a force

personally, by adding an above average Passcatching TE, and even a small upgrade on OL, our offense becomes a force

Bears offense and force in same sentence? Sorry im gonna need to see that before i start believing it. I would also add we need a WR not named Marshall to step up. I believe Jeffrey can do that. But gotta see it before i believe it