Have to say it

AZ54

It's Sunday.... two days before FA signings start. There is absolutely no way the always exceedingly-prepared and mission-focused Phil Emery has not renegotiated some contracts.

I'm not expecting any comments but had to put this in writing. If I'm wrong I'll eat a Road Runner (instead of crow because we do have them running around out here).

It's Sunday.... two days before FA signings start. There is absolutely no way the always exceedingly-prepared and mission-focused Phil Emery has not renegotiated some contracts.

I'm not expecting any comments but had to put this in writing. If I'm wrong I'll eat a Road Runner (instead of crow because we do have them running around out here).

I think he has a plan, I just hope it is a good one.

yup

I agree. It's kind of a let down how quiet it is as we thought this 3 day "talking" period would lead to a lot of deals announced. Then the NFL said, "mum's the word."

Thinking back to last year, the Brandon Marshall deal was settled a few days in advance. i work in a school, it was 3:00 and the students had been dismissed. I walk into my buddy the Cowboy fans classroom and he says, "Says on PFT the Bears have traded for Brandon Marshall." "Bullshit!" was my response.

PFT has documented that tampering has been rampant since the combine. Like the Marshall deal, it's possible we already have a guy in the fold that nobody is talking about on here.

I would rather have it be quiet with no leaks than a bunch of info getting out and we miss out on some guys.

You have to expect to see some restructures and extensions executed on Monday because teams can't exceed the cap once the new league year starts. So it would be hard to sign guys with no cap room.

I would rather have it be quiet with no leaks than a bunch of info getting out and we miss out on some guys.

You have to expect to see some restructures and extensions executed on Monday because teams can't exceed the cap once the new league year starts. So it would be hard to sign guys with no cap room.

Yes, I expected that to happen on Monday but all we have so far is:

Yes, I expected that to happen on Monday but all we have so far is:

Either Emery is a genius and there will be a bunch of restructure/extensions coming before 3pm tomorrow, or we are going to get hammered in free agency with little to no activity. So I am hoping we will start hearing news soon.

Let's go Brian, what's the scoop? I need some Free Agency predictions from what you have heard from your sources to date.

Either Emery is a genius and there will be a bunch of restructure/extensions coming before 3pm tomorrow, or we are going to get hammered in free agency with little to no activity. So I am hoping we will start hearing news soon.

Let's go Brian, what's the scoop? I need some Free Agency predictions from what you have heard from your sources to date.

Brians busy so I will make my predictions for FAgency.

We sign a TE, but it will not be Cook. I think someone like Walker/SF or Keller/Jets.

We sign several second tier players after the first wave settles down at reasonable prices. People like Moore/OG and Jones/LB.

Asked my guy today. His reply: "no clue, too close to the vest to tell."

If the Halas Hall janitor (just kidding) can't figure it out that's amazing. Supposedly there was a tweet from Lou Cannelis that the Bears have continued to talk with Urlacher's agent but I don't follow Twitter so I have no clue if that's just old news from the offer Urlacher's agent submitted. Either we are doing very little tomorrow or we will be in the news non-stop with all the moves we have to make.

I'm friends with the brother of a GM in the AFC West, and I asked him about free agency and the draft this weekend while we had a long car ride together. He said his brother wouldn't even tell him.

Tight lips this time of year.