Percy Harvin traded to Seattle

balta1701-A

Seattle is building a Championship caliber team. Very risky move for them still, because Harvin is always hurt, and you're about to hand him a massive contract. If he pans out, that should make Seattle's offense even more dangerous with some of the pistol stuff they do from time to time. Minnesota gets a couple of draft picks to bring more talent back their way.

I'd watch out for Greg Jennings to Minnesota after this deal. They're going to need a WR now.

It wouldn't surprise me. Throw in the 23rd and 25th pick in a good draft and they could get scarier.

I kinda wish the Bears would do something like this with Melton.

It wouldn't surprise me. Throw in the 23rd and 25th pick in a good draft and they could get scarier.

Just saw a tweet from Chris Mortenson, and I think you're right. If they get Greg Jennings or Mike Wallace, they could use their 23rd or 25th pick to target someone like Tavon Austin, and there's your Percy Harvin replacement.. I hope that doesn't happen, for our sake.

Just saw a tweet from Chris Mortenson, and I think you're right. If they get Greg Jennings or Mike Wallace, they could use their 23rd or 25th pick to target someone like Tavon Austin, and there's your Percy Harvin replacement.. I hope that doesn't happen, for our sake.

Jennings and Wallace are nothing special. Jennings is always hurt (averages less than 13 games/year) and Wallace drops a bunch of passes. If he had played for the Raiders, no one would even think he's good. A lot of people said the same when Berrian signed in Minnesota or when the Vikings got the 7th pick and took Troy Williamson.

Yeah, they should trade the DT who is 2nd in the NFL in sacks from all DT's since week 1 of 2011. :shakehead

Jennings and Wallace are nothing special. Jennings is always hurt (averages less than 13 games/year) and Wallace drops a bunch of passes. If he had played for the Raiders, no one would even think he's good. A lot of people said the same when Berrian signed in Minnesota.

Mike Wallace is pretty special as a deep threat. The Adrian Peterson effect would make him even more dangerous than he already is. You combine those skills with someone like Austin, who very well could end up being a Percy Harvin clone, that's a very dangerous team. It sounds like Miami is the front runner to land him, but in light of this recent news, Minnesota could entice him, depending on who offers the most money.

Greg Jennings isn't a bad consolation prize. He's always killed the Bears with his quickness, and ability to play inside the numbers. It's hard to argue that Wallace/Jennings + 1st round WR wouldn't make them a scarier team.

Mike Wallace is pretty special as a deep threat. The Adrian Peterson effect would make him even more dangerous than he already is. You combine those skills with someone like Austin, who very well could end up being a Percy Harvin clone, that's a very dangerous team. It sounds like Miami is the front runner to land him, but in light of this recent news, Minnesota could entice him, depending on who offers the most money.

Greg Jennings isn't a bad consolation prize. He's always killed the Bears with his quickness, and ability to play inside the numbers. It's hard to argue that Wallace/Jennings + 1st round WR wouldn't make them a scarier team.

I'd be fine with Greg Jennings catching passes from Ponder. Mike Wallace with his speed and ability to get on top of the safeties, who have to be worried about AP first, would be more concerning.

Yeah, they should trade the DT who is 2nd in the NFL in sacks from all DT's since week 1 of 2011. :shakehead

For a 1st rounder and a clearing of 8M off the cap that would lead to money for a guy like Levitre and/or Cook I sure would.

I mean could you imagine coming out of that trade with enough money to sign Levitre and Cook then have a draft with 3 picks in the top 50??

They can draft a guy like Sheldon Richardson, Sylvester Williams, or my personal fav, Jesse Williams to fill his place. Then also potentially grab a guy like Ogletree, and a 2nd round WR like Ryan Swope or a 2nd round LT project/prospect like Armstead.

Melton is a beast, there's no denying that but I believe they could improve the team more by trading him. But it won't happen so it's pointless to argue about.

For a 1st rounder and a clearing of 8M off the cap that would lead to money for a guy like Levitre and/or Cook I sure would.

I mean could you imagine coming out of that trade with enough money to sign Levitre and Cook then have a draft with 3 picks in the top 50??

They can draft a guy like Sheldon Richardson, Sylvester Williams, or my personal fav, Jesse Williams to fill his place. Then also potentially grab a guy like Ogletree, and a 2nd round WR like Ryan Swope or a 2nd round LT project/prospect like Armstead.

Melton is a beast, there's no denying that but I believe they could improve the team more by trading him. But it won't happen so it's pointless to argue about.

I think when the drft rolls around, fans lose perspective. What you're saying is they could take any DT to fill Melton's spot and they'll be fine. The 3-tech in this defense is one of the most important in football. Sylvester Williams? I'll take my chances with Melton. If you dealt him to a team for their 1st, their fans would say: "We needed a DT and got a great one. We wouldn't have gotten anyone better with our pick," and they're exactly right. Now, if a team with a top 5 pick wanted him, good bye, but the 26th overall pick or something? No thanks.

After reading some articles and listening to a lot of "insiders" thoughts on the Harvin deal one thing is clear: Harvin is a big risk for Seattle given the contract he wants. His problems, or rather the team's problems with him go much deeper than what has been stated in the media. Like any new marriage I expect everyone to be all smiles while the honeymoon lasts. We'll see what happens once Percy gets paid.

This looks like it could work out great for both teams or fail miserably. Seattle could get the last piece they need to be a truly potent offense and improve their return game while Minnesota frees some cap space and gets an extra first round pick. On the flip side, Harvin might not work in Seattle, especially with his salary demands, and there already seems to be some issues in Minnesota with key players questioning the move.

Your right were all dreaming on all of these top tier FAs . we will be going after 2nd tier players, a couple we can get reasonable.