SB predicts FAgency

Stinger226

The Chicago Bears will bring back Brian Urlacher at a cheap price.

Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports

Free-Agent Signings: TE Jared Cook, QB Jason Campbell, OG Brandon Moore, DE Israel Idonije, LB Nick Roach, LB Brian Urlacher

The Chicago Bears have many of their own free agents to take care of during the free-agency period. It is safe to bet the front office will bring back Jason Campbell and Israel Idonije.

As far as linebackers go, the front office and Brian Urlacher continue to communicate (per Lou Canellis on Twitter). He will be back with the team at a cheap price, as will fellow linebacker Nick Roach. While Roach is reportedly blowing up on the market (Chicago Tribune), Chicago will find a way to keep the talented up-and-comer around.

Chicago can also make a major splash on offense if it can find the cap space. Tight end Jared Cook is an elite weapon when used properly, and he fits perfectly in the offense with quarterback Jay Cutler. Chicago is in the running for Cook, and expect the front office to find a way to fork over his desired $6 million per year (St. Louis Post-Dispatch).

I would. I'm not big on the TE need. Looking at Trestman's years as an OC, I don't think that the production from the position warrants big money or high draft pick. The Bears just need to find their next Desmond Clark. Someone that is good but not great, then spend their money and picks on the OL.

Guest TerraTor
I would. I'm not big on the TE need. Looking at Trestman's years as an OC, I don't think that the production from the position warrants big money or high draft pick. The Bears just need to find their next Desmond Clark. Someone that is good but not great, then spend their money and picks on the OL.

Honestly I'm torn about it all..

Draft vs FA

OL - I side for FreeAgent. Jake Long, etc. are proven studs.

LB - High Draft picks

TE - Either way, I think Cook "could" be great, but will he really be playin with any heart

Back when trestman was in NFL as OC the TE wasn't nearly as heavily used around the NFL as they are now

I'd love this offseason but it doesn't seem realistic. Breaking down the predictions:

Urlacher--I doubt he has many options and he'd be a returning starter.

Jared Cook--love it! He's another weapon and solidifies a position that's been terrible since Greg Olsen was traded.

Jason Campbell--he might be the #1 available quarterback in free agency and he stunk in limited time for the Bears. With all our needs, it would be irresponsible to pay him another 3+ million.

Brandon Moore--Nice! He becomes the Bears best lineman.

Idonije--No other teams had much interest in him last offseason and he's a year older. I hope he comes back.

Nick Roach--If Roach is blowing up on the market, why would he return as a back-up?

The Chicago Bears will bring back Brian Urlacher at a cheap price.

Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports

Free-Agent Signings: TE Jared Cook, QB Jason Campbell, OG Brandon Moore, DE Israel Idonije, LB Nick Roach, LB Brian Urlacher

The Chicago Bears have many of their own free agents to take care of during the free-agency period. It is safe to bet the front office will bring back Jason Campbell and Israel Idonije.

As far as linebackers go, the front office and Brian Urlacher continue to communicate (per Lou Canellis on Twitter). He will be back with the team at a cheap price, as will fellow linebacker Nick Roach. While Roach is reportedly blowing up on the market (Chicago Tribune), Chicago will find a way to keep the talented up-and-comer around.

Chicago can also make a major splash on offense if it can find the cap space. Tight end Jared Cook is an elite weapon when used properly, and he fits perfectly in the offense with quarterback Jay Cutler. Chicago is in the running for Cook, and expect the front office to find a way to fork over his desired $6 million per year (St. Louis Post-Dispatch).