Sign OT Jake Long 5yr-51M 29G CapHit 7.0M

Sign TE Dustin Keller 4Yr-15M CapHit 2.0M

________________________________ (9M)

1700-2100: Our Own

Sign Roach CapHit 3.0M

Sign Urlacher CapHit 2.0M

_____________________ (5M)

Leaves over 3.0 for Rookies

Freeing up money really doesn't need taken care of today, but would be nice to have ahead of time. I love the Long and Keller signings. Signing Long would let the Bears draft a top G prospect at 20 instead of a second tier T. Keller fills the need with out over spending. I want to see someone around his level signed. Signing Cook would just be overkill and prevents addressing more serious needs.

Not that they won't sign Long or Loadholt, but Emery hasn't said much to anyone. I usually get information and I can't now. Doesn't anyone else find this odd that NOW he's "leaking" information? Doesn't this sound like a rival GM trying to raise the price on Minnesota?

ESPN Minnesota just tweeted-- RT @TomPelissero: #Bears' interest in Phil Loadholt is legitimate, I'm told. Offering better numbers than #Vikings, who don't want to go above $5M/year.

If they get him, to they play him at RT and try Carimi at LT? Put Loadholt at LT and Carimi at RT? Give up on Carimi at T and try him at G?

RG, please. He was horrendously pathetic at RT. He had a year to recover from an injury that typically takes 2-4 weeks to heal from, and yet I keep hearing "he was bad because he was injured still."

1601: It Begins

Sign OT Jake Long 5yr-51M 29G CapHit 7.0M

Sign TE Dustin Keller 4Yr-15M CapHit 2.0M

Wow, you got the positions spot on, but the players wrong. Really close, and the $7 cap hit is almost the average annual salary for Bushrod, so you were sort of correct there as well.

Looks like Bennett got 4/20, so again, pretty close, about 1.25 million off per year. The combined cap hit for this year is under $6 though, so that is nice.

Nice work Terra.