Martellus Bennett is a Bear

Ed Hochuli 3:16

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Bennett, I'm not sure if he had 2 twitter handles or what but that 1987Marty is down now, it was in reference to Bennett though. Jensen had also used that twitter handle in reference to Martellus.

Bennett used the other Twitter account and posted that he's working out down there also. I love this. I wish cutler would also but I can understand why he doesn't unless he took wife And newborn with him

Bennett used the other Twitter account and posted that he's working out down there also. I love this. I wish cutler would also but I can understand why he doesn't unless he took wife And newborn with him

Relax. He works out in Nashville. He was on 1000 the other day and said he's been working out a lot. With Trestman they get an extra workout in anyway so he'll have plenty of time to throw with the Bennett's, Rodriguez, Marshall, and Jeffeey.

Relax. He works out in Nashville. He was on 1000 the other day and said he's been working out a lot. With Trestman they get an extra workout in anyway so he'll have plenty of time to throw with the Bennett's, Rodriguez, Marshall, and Jeffeey.

Dude I'm not worried at all sorry if it seemed that way. I just love hearing players working out together. Every little bit counts. Of course it would be nice if cutler could but being a father of Young ones I completely understand and won't ever hold that against him

The issue I have is that the same teams that are in the race EVERY year never do anything in free agency. That is why drafting is the key. What has New England, Green Bay, Atlanta, Giants, Ravens, Steelers done this offseason? Signed what, 3 players who played elsewhere in 2012? I hope the Bears can be in that position soon. Meanwhile Miami and Indianapolis spent money like clowns, and in 3 years, half of the guys they signed will be playing on other teams.

You can't compare teams that all have a legit starting QB in place with one that doesn't, although maybe they think they do. So yes, drafting is key especially when it comes to QB as that will define your next 5 years, or 10 years if successful. Teams without that critical (and expensive) QB piece tend to go spend money elsewhere to fill out their roster. Trestman wasn't joking when talking about the marriage between the QB and the head coach. You either win together or get fired together. Cutler could be just 12 months behind Lovie.

You can't compare teams that all have a legit starting QB in place with one that doesn't, although maybe they think they do. So yes, drafting is key especially when it comes to QB as that will define your next 5 years, or 10 years if successful. Teams without that critical (and expensive) QB piece tend to go spend money elsewhere to fill out their roster. Trestman wasn't joking when talking about the marriage between the QB and the head coach. You either win together or get fired together. Cutler could be just 12 months behind Lovie.

Yeah, it crazy to see all the teams Brian listed having "franchise" QB's. That one fact seems to solidify the team to the point where they can address the other pieces and build around the QB year after year. It will be an interesting year for the Bears and Cutler. He now has all the players he needs to excel as well as an Offensive-minded HC. If he can't perform at a franchise-QB level, he probably never will - and the Bears QB carousel will spin again.

One one outlier team is New England, however, who have had a good mix of Free Agents and draftees, and to me that is the most effective way. For the Bears, they addressed 2 immediate needs with impact players that will be upgrades at both positions. Now they can go into the draft, fill out other weaknesses and add depth.