Bears Sign Bushrod

scs787

So lets 6M against the cap for Bushrod AND Bennett, thats pretty solid. Not a huge fan of the Bushrod move but that's cheap enough for me not to hate.

If Bushrod's is only 3 mil, then Bennett's should be less than that. So I suspect both cap hits will be under $5.

Five-year contract worth $35.9 million ($17.7 million guaranteed)

I don't know how they got that down to 3 million this year considering the guaranteed money, but if they did kudos to them.

I just want a jersey that says Bushrod on the back lol. I like the signing just because of Kromer. He knows what he's getting, so I'm not going to say they should have went for a different LT. Makes me feel better for them spending on Bennett, knowing that LT is locked up for a while. Much better start to free agency than I expected.

Five-year contract worth $35.9 million ($17.7 million guaranteed)

I don't know how they got that down to 3 million this year considering the guaranteed money, but if they did kudos to them.

I just want a jersey that says Bushrod on the back lol. I like the signing just because of Kromer. He knows what he's getting, so I'm not going to say they should have went for a different LT. Makes me feel better for them spending on Bennett, knowing that LT is locked up for a while. Much better start to free agency than I expected.

1 thing we haven't heard is what signing bonus. That would give us better idea of what cap hit is but im guessing 1st couple yrs will be between 3.5- 5M

1 thing we haven't heard is what signing bonus. That would give us better idea of what cap hit is but im guessing 1st couple yrs will be between 3.5- 5M

True, he could have got the league minimum 715k, with a 11.5 year signing bonus and the hit would be right around there. then the other 6 million guaranteed elsewhere. He'd still be walking out with 12+ million in his pocket this year, not too bad.

You sure Webb ain't the starting RT??? You sure? We have a lot of work to do yet.

If we'd signed Loadholt, who's the starting LT? Just asking.

It's just hope on my part. I want to see Webb riding pine all year because that would mean our 1st rounder panned out and lived up to his talent. Imagine that for a moment. What if Carimi figured it out? That's two bookends for a while. Cutler smiles.

It's just hope on my part. I want to see Webb riding pine all year because that would mean our 1st rounder panned out and lived up to his talent. Imagine that for a moment. What if Carimi figured it out? That's two bookends for a while. Cutler smiles.

It would be hard to imagine Carimi falling that far. I would hope he wins outright too. Kind of scary when news broke that we went hard after Loadholt and there are many also links that think we grab Fluker. Lets hope his leg is back and he added strength.

It would be hard to imagine Carimi falling that far. I would hope he wins outright too. Kind of scary when news broke that we went hard after Loadholt and there are many also links that think we grab Fluker. Lets hope his leg is back and he added strength.

I have to assume we draft a G in the first or second. It will be a really interesting draft if we re-sign Urlacher and Roach. We wouldn't have to use the first 2 on LB either and could go OL and WR or CB.

On paper, the Bears look to have made out so far in free agency, but these are two moves that come with a lot of risk. Bennett has only had one good year as a TE. What will he do now that he's got all the money? Bushrod is probably getting a nice chunk of change, but he better be a lot better than Jamarcus Webb. I'm not sure he is... We'll see.

There is no risk with Bennett, the reason,he only had one good year, he played behind Witten. It doesnt matter what we think of Bushrod, they think he is better. They are in a better position to judge his ability than we are.

I like this. Now we truly have an average Oline player which is a Bears fan's way of saying UPGRADE. Bushrod at least is good enough that if we have to help him in some games it can be done. Versus Webb who can't figure out the delayed blitz and stunts. I'd say the draft still remains wide open for us in terms of drafting a RT (Fluker) and an OG.

It doesn't matter what we think, they think he's better..

There is no risk with Bennett, the reason,he only had one good year, he played behind Witten. It doesnt matter what we think of Bushrod, they think he is better. They are in a better position to judge his ability than we are.

I hate these comments. You're right: It doesn't matter what we think because our opinions hold no sway with the team. But the "they are in a better position to judge"-comment is nonsense. If it were accurate, the coaches wouldn't get fired as regularly as they do, teams wouldn't such as regularly as they do, and it would be legal for an offensive coordinator position to file a restraining order against Mike Tice. Just because these dudes are where they are doesn't mean our opinions and thoughts aren't just as valid, if not better. I still say if this board were collectively running the Bears over the past ten years we would have been significantly better.

Ugh

I know you have not been high on Bushrod, but I believe he is better than his PFF ratings properly show. Kromer knows better than anyone how good he is, and by picking him up, Kromer is putting his name on the line that this guy is a legit LT. If we pickup a Guard in the first 2 rounds, the O-Line will almost be considered a strength vs a huge liability.

I hate these comments. You're right: It doesn't matter what we think because our opinions hold no sway with the team. But the "they are in a better position to judge"-comment is nonsense. If it were accurate, the coaches wouldn't get fired as regularly as they do, teams wouldn't such as regularly as they do, and it would be legal for an offensive coordinator position to file a restraining order against Mike Tice. Just because these dudes are where they are doesn't mean our opinions and thoughts aren't just as valid, if not better. I still say if this board were collectively running the Bears over the past ten years we would have been significantly better.

Jason,

I see your point, but teams have much more information available to them than the general public. It is much easier to be an armchair GM.

You don't think Kromer knows more about Bushrod and his value than we do? PFF said he was barely better than Webb last year, but I have to believe that he will be closer to being a Pro-Bowler/All-Pro level player than a replacement level player this season.

I know you have not been high on Bushrod, but I believe he is better than his PFF ratings properly show. Kromer knows better than anyone how good he is, and by picking him up, Kromer is putting his name on the line that this guy is a legit LT. If we pickup a Guard in the first 2 rounds, the O-Line will almost be considered a strength vs a huge liability.

It's not so much that, it's just I would've rather had Jake Long.

Jason,

I see your point, but teams have much more information available to them than the general public. It is much easier to be an armchair GM.

You don't think Kromer knows more about Bushrod and his value than we do? PFF said he was barely better than Webb last year, but I have to believe that he will be closer to being a Pro-Bowler/All-Pro level player than a replacement level player this season.

They have more info, no doubt, but that still doesn't stop them from making countless bonehead moves. The draft has been figured as a 50% bet by Bill Polian, one of the best drafters ever. We could do virtually the same. I'm just sick of the attitude that these guys are infallible because they are in the NFL. It's just not true. We've seen how inaccurate this is over and over and over with the Bears over the past nearly thirty years.