Mock after Day1 signings

ASHKUM BEAR

Today was a great day for Phil Emery. He brought in one of the top TE's and a LT that has been to 2 probowls. Two positions that had cost the Bears many chances to win last season. It seems like we get a Christmas every offseason, which hopefully with some good drafts will not be needed in the future.

Bears signings:

Martellus Bennett TE - One of top all around TE's available, if Bennett keeps his head in the game.

Jermon Bushrod LT- 2 time probowl LT for Brees, Bushrod faced a pass rush probably close to 70% of the game. The Bears won't be as pass happy and more balanced, throwing off opposing DE's that normally were ready to attack.

*Brian Urlacher LB - Urlacher gets his farewell tour with a 2 year deal and also comes back one year healthier.

*Kevin Boothe G - Boothe comes in to play RG, but can also play C. Carimi, Brown, Louis all have a shot at taking this spot.

*Israel Idonije DT/DE

Draft:

RD1 Jonathan Cooper G NC

Had grades that said he was a top 10 player, but he slides due to being undersized at 295. The Bears currently have recently signed Boothe and possibly Carimi as healthy guards and still have to decide to resign injured Lance Louis. Cooper solidifies the left side, playing next to Bushrod.

RD2 Trade to Miami for (2) 3rds

3-A Barrett Jones G/C-barring his foot injury, Jones may spend the season learning from vet Garza the play calling. If he comes in healthy, the Bears can save some cap space by release Garza.

3-B Ryan Swope WR

6-0 205, but ran a 4.34 40. Swope fits the Wes Welker mode and will play the slot. He runs good routes, had nice hands, and plays with love/toughness.

RD4 Terry Hawthorne CB - Hawthorne has decent size/speed combo and shined at the east west game. The Bears need to find youth the can eventually replace Tillman and Jennings who are FA next year.

RD5 Kevin Reddick LB - Reddick is a solid ILB, has decent speed and a nose for the ball.

RD6 Chris Jones DT - The Bowling Green DT knows how to pressure the QB and can keep Melton/Paea's legs fresh as a rotational player.

Today was a great day for Phil Emery. He brought in one of the top TE's and a LT that has been to 2 probowls. Two positions that had cost the Bears many chances to win last season. It seems like we get a Christmas every offseason, which hopefully with some good drafts will not be needed in the future.

Bears signings:

Martellus Bennett TE - One of top all around TE's available, if Bennett keeps his head in the game.

Jermon Bushrod LT- 2 time probowl LT for Brees, Bushrod faced a pass rush probably close to 70% of the game. The Bears won't be as pass happy and more balanced, throwing off opposing DE's that normally were ready to attack.

*Brian Urlacher LB - Urlacher gets his farewell tour with a 2 year deal and also comes back one year healthier.

*Kevin Boothe G - Boothe comes in to play RG, but can also play C. Carimi, Brown, Louis all have a shot at taking this spot.

*Israel Idonije DT/DE

Draft:

RD1 Jonathan Cooper G NC

Had grades that said he was a top 10 player, but he slides due to being undersized at 295. The Bears currently have recently signed Boothe and possibly Carimi as healthy guards and still have to decide to resign injured Lance Louis. Cooper solidifies the left side, playing next to Bushrod.

3-A Barrett Jones G/C-barring his foot injury, Jones may spend the season learning from vet Garza the play calling. If he comes in healthy, the Bears can save some cap space by release Garza.

3-B Ryan Swope WR

6-0 205, but ran a 4.34 40. Swope fits the Wes Welker mode and will play the slot. He runs good routes, had nice hands, and plays with love/toughness.

RD4 Terry Hawthorne CB - Hawthorne has decent size/speed combo and shined at the east west game. The Bears need to find youth the can eventually replace Tillman and Jennings who are FA next year.

RD5 Kevin Reddick LB - Reddick is a solid ILB, has decent speed and a nose for the ball.

RD6 Chris Jones DT - The Bowling Green DT knows how to pressure the QB and can keep Melton/Paea's legs fresh as a rotational player.

I can't see Miami trading up when they have more holes than Swiss cheese. Also, will Reddick last until the 5th? I thought he was more of a 3/4th rounder.

I can't see Miami trading up when they have more holes than Swiss cheese. Also, will Reddick last until the 5th? I thought he was more of a 3/4th rounder.

I've seen Reddick anywhere from late 3rd down to the 6th round. I am a little optimistic, because I really don't see Cooper at 20 either. But hey, it's a mock ;-)

Bears signings:

*Israel Idonije DT/DE

Draft:

RD1 Jonathan Cooper G NC

3-B Ryan Swope WR

Very solid draft. Especially with cooper and jones that help solidify the line for the future and love swope who can take top off defense and step in for earl when he gets hurt again

Very solid draft. Especially with cooper and jones that help solidify the line for the future and love swope who can take top off defense and step in for earl when he gets hurt again

I'm really falling for Swope, I would've taken him at rd2 but that was a bit of a reach. I intially had DT Kawaan Short RD2 but thought they needed a LB or WR more.

I think we end up trading down if Cooper/Warmack are gone in the first. I'd like Fluker but don't see a RT as a must, and Ogletree/Te'o may be too risky. Maybe we go Austin? But filling LT/TE has just made it interesting.

I like it a lot, though I don't see Reddick lasting that long. I'd see it more like:

1) Jonathan Cooper, OG, UNC

3) Kevin Reddick, LB, UNC

3) Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M

4) Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU (Big risk, but with veterans in Jennings and Tillman to learn from, I love the idea of him starting at nickel/dime and developing from there)

5) Braxton Cave, C, Notre Dame (though if we need to add bodies at LB, I like Keith Pough from Howard here)

6) Chris Jones, DT, Bowling Green

I like it a lot, though I don't see Reddick lasting that long. I'd see it more like:

4) Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU (Big risk, but with veterans in Jennings and Tillman to learn from, I love the idea of him starting at nickel/dime and developing from there)

5) Braxton Cave, C, Notre Dame (though if we need to add bodies at LB, I like Keith Pough from Howard here)

That is a lot more realiztic, think Reddick will be real good.

Bears signings:

*Israel Idonije DT/DE

Draft:

RD1 Jonathan Cooper G NC

3-B Ryan Swope WR

I love the names but we wont be trading a 2nd rounder. If the OLinemen are gone at 20 trading our first pick will be more realistic.

Guest TerraTor

Much better here...

Tyrann Mathieu is not a really good corner. He was always at the right place at the right time and a hell of special teams guy as a returner. As a cb, not so great, but becuase he scooped up the block punts, fumbles and deflections, it made much better than he is. He use to always get burned on big plays.Forgot the guys name, whom the Cowboys drafted last year,he was the one covered the opponents top WR. I watch a lot of college ball, a lot more than pro. The guy is nothing but a super fast pot head

Tyrann Mathieu is not a really good corner. He was always at the right place at the right time and a hell of special teams guy as a returner. As a cb, not so great, but becuase he scooped up the block punts, fumbles and deflections, it made much better than he is. He use to always get burned on big plays.Forgot the guys name, whom the Cowboys drafted last year,he was the one covered the opponents top WR. I watch a lot of college ball, a lot more than pro. The guy is nothing but a super fast pot head

At least we would be upgrading from our history of slow potheads (Webb, JT Thomas, Rashaan Salaam) to fast potheads. That's a step in the right direction! :)

If he makes any impact close to Hester, he'd be tremendous value in round 4. Ask any team about the 2006 draft and I'd bet they'd tell you they wish they would've taken Hester in round 1. He'd play NB, not CB, and f he can get 2-3 picks/year with 2-3 TD's elsewhere, I'll take him.

LOL.

"In the fouth round, the Bears select, Super Fast Pot Head, cornerback, LSU."