Rolando McClain

jason

I heard a rumor the other day from a reliable source that the Raiders would be willing to part with Rolando McClain for a very insignificant amount in trade. Possibly a 6th or 7th round draft pick. And that's IF he doesn't get released.

Young, crazy talented, maybe a bit stupid, definitely a bit of a trouble maker, but a possibly cheap solution for the MLB situation in Chicago.

For all capologists: What would he count against the cap if he were traded to the Bears?

I started this thread with the thought of whether a trade would be better.

Giving up a 7th for him is relatively risk-free. And if you wait for him to hit FA then you might not get him because a team might outbid you.

As long as there are no salary cap issues, a 7th rounder for him would be a great idea.

I started this thread with the thought of whether a trade would be better.

Giving up a 7th for him is relatively risk-free. And if you wait for him to hit FA then you might not get him because a team might outbid you.

As long as there are no salary cap issues, a 7th rounder for him would be a great idea.

Yes it is maybe a risk-free idea,but you are parting with a draft pick that might be used as a trade up package to get a valued player in the draft. But if he is let go then yes you might have interest from other teams, but you can also set your own price for him without being told" i want this or that for him"

Yes it is maybe a risk-free idea,but you are parting with a draft pick that might be used as a trade up package to get a valued player in the draft. But if he is let go then yes you might have interest from other teams, but you can also set your own price for him without being told" i want this or that for him"

A 7th round draft pick is a bargaining chip I'd gladly toss away to get a first round talent. If he screws his head on straight, he could be an incredible steal. If not, it's still only a 7th rounder.