Urlacher talking to Queens

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Sounds like the Bears are wanting Urlacher to sign elsewhere so they aren't obligated to bring him back. At least that's the word on the radio. Makes sense to me.

I really think if they wanted to re-sign him, they would have done it before free agency. It could still happen, but I think the fact that they are letting him shop around speaks volumes about where their mind set is on him.

I think the Bears are also somewhat uncertain about what his value around the league would be, so they're probably not going to mind him asking around.

Thanks to endorsements, he has to know it's worth a lot of money for him to play another year in Chicago next year.

If you're listening to 670, those guys don't have many sources honestly. I will say though that I agree with Balta. He's probably just feeling his way around the league, picking up some free Hilton points in random cities with the addition of a few dinners at 5* restaurants nationwide, and figuring out what other teams will offer. I believe his first choice is to be back in Chicago. He and his agent will likely see the offers they get and tell the Bears to get close/match/go beyond it and he'll be a Bear in 2013 and possibly 2014.

I'm just amazed at how quickly so many of you want to disregard the face of the franchise, the leader of the defense, the most important Bears player in the last decade, when the difference between his happiness being a Bear and potentially going elsewhere is probably no more than one million (he asks for 5, team offers 3, meet in the middle). Add to that is the fact that he wasn't horrible last year; he just had a down year with an injury to boot. There's absolutely no reason why - especially considering how hard he's going at it in offseason workouts - he won't come back stronger than last year, and put up 2010 or 2011 stats.

It's even more insulting when he's judged on this pedestal, yet scrubs like the guys on the OL are viewed under some other microscope, as if their lack of ability is easier to overlook. Even in Urlacher's worst year, his production exceeds what everyone on the OL did last year. If Urlacher's tackle misses were as frequent as any of the OL's screwups there would be a highlight video of it made by some douchey packer fan.

And then talking about money I see things like 2 million per year. Are you kidding me!? That's just straight up disgraceful. Without trying too hard, you guys want to pay him less than a RB that wasn't good, a OG/C who was rated the worst in the league, and a kicker!? GTFO of here.

Bush - 4yrs/14m

Garza - 3yrs/8.65m

Gould - 6yrs/15.5m

This is the first time in the history of posting on this board that I've been actually disappointed in fellow Bears fans. I don't have a problem with disagreements, but this is just plain disappointing.

Lets face the facts, the Bears have only been in the playoffs once in 6 years. If your a true Bear fan, you want us to have the best team possible, bringing back Urlacher at 5 mil a year hurts our team. You dont pay a player for what he did, you pay him for what he can give you now. Urlacher has never given a shit about the fans, he has bad mouthed us many times. He cares about himself and thank God he likes the Bears, but not enough to give us a good price. The only way you bring him is for his leadership and that aint worth 5 mil a year. His play will hurt the team. He was 29th our of 35 mlbs last year in tackling efficiency. Thats not very good for a MLB. You want to worship him, buy a highlight film and invite him over for dinner.

Urlacher's injury history over the last few years is why he is not worth 5 million dollars for 2 years. If he really wants to give a home town discount then ask the Bears what their offer is.

Here's a guess...he has a 1 year offer from the Bears and is trying to see if some team will give him a guaranteed second year offer to bring back to Chicago?

Here's a guess...he has a 1 year offer from the Bears and is trying to see if some team will give him a guaranteed second year offer to bring back to Chicago?

The rumor here is that he and his agents made a 2 year offer for 5 million and that the Bears have not responded.

Lets face the facts, the Bears have only been in the playoffs once in 6 years. If your a true Bear fan, you want us to have the best team possible, bringing back Urlacher at 5 mil a year hurts our team. You dont pay a player for what he did, you pay him for what he can give you now.

This 100%.

Peace :dabears