SCS March Draft

scs787

Time to waste more time with another mock using the above scenario....since WF doesn't go 6 rounds I'll use drafttek.

#34- Larry Warford LG KY- Easy choice here, we need guards and he can step in right away at LG.

#50- David Amerson CB NC State- Ball hawking CB to develop behind Peanut/Jennings

#74- Sio Moore OLB UConn- Takes over for Roach

#117- Kiko Alonzo MLB Oregon- Potential MLB of the future, said to be great in coverage.

#153- Marquise Goodwin or Josh Boyce WR- Goodwin has the more speed but is raw, Boyce brings speed and a more complete player...I'd be happy with either.

#157- Kwame Geathers NT UGA- you know I had to squeeze him in there.

#180- Matt Scott QB Zona- Here's our QB to groom behind Cutler. Probably the most underrated QB in the draft.

#188- Braxton Cave OC ND- For whatever reason he's not even drafted in Draftteks mock despite being better than Johnson.

Just doin it to pass time, I'm sure ill take heat for waiting till our 8th pick to draft a WR but oh wells.

I actually this morning started a new mock with a trade with SF, using Drafttex, as the tool, but figured this mock stuff would get old and deleted it. I had them trading 20 for 34,74,128 and 180 which works out on the trade chart. I had them taking;

34-Warford/OG Day one starter

50-Austin/WR Playmaker

74-Schwenke/OC Could start first year

117-Hodges/OLB Productive college player

128-Mathieu/CB PR/KR and could turn out to be our nickel back eventually

153-Geathers/DT I like him too

180-Matt Scott/QB I like him too

188-Blaize Foltz /OG someone else brought his name up before

See we sometimes think a like.

I actually this morning started a new mock with a trade with SF, using Drafttex, as the tool, but figured this mock stuff would get old and deleted it. I had them trading 20 for 34,74,128 and 180 which works out on the trade chart. I had them taking;

50-Austin/WR Playmaker

I can get behind that.....

I debated only going with 1 LB as well but I figured I'd please TT by taking 2 lol. I think Williams can be the guy for this year and maybe a couple more as well but he does have some injury concerns so I went ahead and grabbed Alonzo as a backup plan and the potential long term option......I originally had EJ Manuel over Alonso and Dallas Thomas @ 180 even though there is not a chance he'll be there that late.

50-Austin/WR Playmaker

I did mock a month ago, but had us trading our 2nd RD pick with SF. I definately like this version better and think since they have 11 picks that they go for quality over quantity if the right player is available.

I did mock a month ago, but had us trading our 2nd RD pick with SF. I definately like this version better and think since they have 11 picks that they go for quality over quantity if the right player is available.

You are insightful, I think if the right person is there for SF at 20, we can load up on some picks.

50-Austin/WR Playmaker

Austin?

Draftteks mock is pretty goofy, that's Tavon....They also have Dallas Thomas going in the 6th round....EJ Manuel in the 4th...and Braxton Cave, the 5th ranked OC isn't drafted at all while TJ Johnson, the 9th ranked OC is drafted in the 4th.

OL is strange. Not that I agree with it, but what year was it when Duke Robinson came out of Oklahoma? Everyone had him as the #1 interior OL and he went in round 6. He's not even in the league anymore. I'm not saying Thomas and Johnson are great or anything but with OL it's tricky. Another example is last year- Mel Kiper had James Brown as a 3rd round guy.

OL is strange. Not that I agree with it, but what year was it when Duke Robinson came out of Oklahoma? Everyone had him as the #1 interior OL and he went in round 6. He's not even in the league anymore. I'm not saying Thomas and Johnson are great or anything but with OL it's tricky. Another example is last year- Mel Kiper had James Brown as a 3rd round guy.

2 good points there...

Looking at the Duke Robinson situation now, it was 09, and an interesting story. I guess he sucked in the title game, got injured, and had questions about whether he'd be able to hold up against quicker lineman. He was indeed rated as the #1 interior lineman throughout the year so a fall into the 5th round is a surprise.

Brown is another interesting case who from what I remember had a "Pot problem" which caused him to fall out of the draft. An interesting note on him that I didn't know until now is he lost 50 pounds during his time at Troy. Not something you'd expect from a stoner right? I'm holding out some hope for him. Monday or tuesday I'm gonna watch one of the games he started to "get more educated" on him as a player.

Thomas has some concerns as well but they're more so concerns as an OT...

Overall I agree, the OL is a tricky position to judge....Hell a month or so ago most the board was pining for Barrett Jones and now there are mocks that have him going in the 4th round.

On another note, I have brought up Jasper Collins a few times in my mocks saying he's a potential steal....Here's another potential DIII steal the bears took a close look at that might see his way into future mocks of mine....

Eric Rogers, WR Cal Lutheran

http://www.vcstar.com/news/2013/mar/11/rog...-stuff-jumpcal/

Couldn't help but think about that insider/scout article from last year which talked about agents using "connections" with Kiper to make sure their signees were rated higher.

50-Austin/WR Playmaker

I would not be upset with that draft. OLine would go from a weakness to a strength with the addition of Bushrod, Warford, and Schwenke. I am growing on Austin and wouldn't mind Bailey, Minter, or Amerson with pick 50 either.

2 good points there...

Looking at the Duke Robinson situation now, it was 09, and an interesting story. I guess he sucked in the title game, got injured, and had questions about whether he'd be able to hold up against quicker lineman. He was indeed rated as the #1 interior lineman throughout the year so a fall into the 5th round is a surprise.

Brown is another interesting case who from what I remember had a "Pot problem" which caused him to fall out of the draft. An interesting note on him that I didn't know until now is he lost 50 pounds during his time at Troy. Not something you'd expect from a stoner right? I'm holding out some hope for him. Monday or tuesday I'm gonna watch one of the games he started to "get more educated" on him as a player.

Thomas has some concerns as well but they're more so concerns as an OT...

Overall I agree, the OL is a tricky position to judge....Hell a month or so ago most the board was pining for Barrett Jones and now there are mocks that have him going in the 4th round.

On another note, I have brought up Jasper Collins a few times in my mocks saying he's a potential steal....Here's another potential DIII steal the bears took a close look at that might see his way into future mocks of mine....

Eric Rogers, WR Cal Lutheran

http://www.vcstar.com/news/2013/mar/11/rog...-stuff-jumpcal/

Probably the first time anyone has used the phrase... DIII steal.

Probably the first time anyone has used the phrase... DIII steal.

They do happen...Theres a reason 11 teams were there scouting this guy. He may not get drafted but he could end up contributing somewhere. Could be the next Pierre Garcon or Cecil Shorts.

If you take a look at his measurables they have listed in the link I provided he's in the top 10-15 in nearly all the categories you look for out of a WR.

I wouldn't take him in the 6th but if we can pick up an extra 7 in a trade down I'd certainly think about it if they haven't already addressed the need earlier.