Backup QB?

dawhizz

I think the Bears like Matt Blanchard as the #3, but we still need a capable #2. I can't see us spending the money it would take to get (or being a very enticing landing spot for) fringe starters like Kolb, who is apparently soon to be released, or Fitzpatrick, who already has been. Campbell had his chance here. Remaining candidates include Byron Leftwich (probably not a great fit), Brady Quinn (I could see it), or Kellen Clemons (snore).

Am I crazy to think the best remaining realistic FA option is (gasp!) Rex Grossman?

Or maybe we just wait to see who gets released after the draft?

That's not a wildcard. A "wildcard" would be Jamarcus Russell. Cheaper too.

I can get behind that.

With the early talk about the pistol and read option(?) I kinda wanna get a guy with some wheels behind Jay. Josh Johnson is that and he probably won't get a big paycheck.

I can get behind that.

With the early talk about the pistol and read option(?) I kinda wanna get a guy with some wheels behind Jay. Josh Johnson is that and he probably won't get a big paycheck.

Kolb just got cut, maybe he has some upside that Testman can get out of him.

Guest TerraTor
How about bringing back Josh McCown ? He played better than Campbell played last year when he got to play the year before.

That was my opinion too. McCown was better than Campbell in evrry way

I could see him trying to hookup with his old college coach from San Diego Jim Harbaugh at Frisco.

After reading his wiki page he was there for a little bit, also read he worked out for the bears before week 14 last year. A bit of an odd time since at that point we had 3 QBs. Wonder if they liked what they saw. If Jay goes down I'd to see what this team can do with a running QB.

After reading his wiki page he was there for a little bit, also read he worked out for the bears before week 14 last year. A bit of an odd time since at that point we had 3 QBs. Wonder if they liked what they saw. If Jay goes down I'd to see what this team can do with a running QB.

That was for the previous staff and the only other QB on the Niners roster is Scott Tolzien. I'm in favor of drafting a QB late if it falls right and it winds up being Kolin Klein there's the running QB you're looking for. Its time for the Bears to start developing QBs.

That was for the previous staff and the only other QB on the Niners roster is Scott Tolzien. I'm in favor of drafting a QB late if it falls right and it winds up being Kolin Klein there's the running QB you're looking for. Its time for the Bears to start developing QBs.

I think he could be more of a fit now with this staff...But ya I can certainly see him going back to San Fran esp after the success Kaep had. Klein would be intriguing as well.

As for the Tebow picture...I said earlier in the off season I'd be all for it. If Jay plays well then it shuts the media up. If Jay doesn't play well despite having all the pieces of the puzzle there for him then it wouldn't hurt to see what Tebow can do since Jay would be a goner at the end of the year anyway.

I think he could be more of a fit now with this staff...But ya I can certainly see him going back to San Fran esp after the success Kaep had. Klein would be intriguing as well.

As for the Tebow picture...I said earlier in the off season I'd be all for it. If Jay plays well then it shuts the media up. If Jay doesn't play well despite having all the pieces of the puzzle there for him then it wouldn't hurt to see what Tebow can do since Jay would be a goner at the end of the year anyway.

This team with a short window of opportunity doesn't need to bring the Tebow circus to town and reread my post and see if I ever mentioned Tebow.

This team with a short window of opportunity doesn't need to bring the Tebow circus to town and reread my post and see if I ever mentioned Tebow.

Grizzly posted the tebow pick i just didn't quote it.

I don't think it'd be much of a circus if Jay is playing at a high level. If Jay is struggling, then yes the media will start chirping. But I believe Jay has what he needs to succeed here so the media won't be able to talk.

Jay also seems like a guy who wouldn't give a damn if the media want him benched for Tebow so it wouldn't affect his play if the choose to stick with him.

There's really no difference at having Klien as your #2 over Tebow....I'd take Tebow over Klien since Tebow is a proven winner, no matter how ugly it may be.

Grizzly posted the tebow pick i just didn't quote it.

I don't think it'd be much of a circus if Jay is playing at a high level. If Jay is struggling, then yes the media will start chirping. But I believe Jay has what he needs to succeed here so the media won't be able to talk.

Jay also seems like a guy who wouldn't give a damn if the media want him benched for Tebow so it wouldn't affect his play if the choose to stick with him.

There's really no difference at having Klien as your #2 over Tebow....I'd take Tebow over Klien since Tebow is a proven winner, no matter how ugly it may be.

We aint getting either one.

I think the Bears like Matt Blanchard as the #3, but we still need a capable #2. I can't see us spending the money it would take to get (or being a very enticing landing spot for) fringe starters like Kolb, who is apparently soon to be released, or Fitzpatrick, who already has been. Campbell had his chance here. Remaining candidates include Byron Leftwich (probably not a great fit), Brady Quinn (I could see it), or Kellen Clemons (snore).

Am I crazy to think the best remaining realistic FA option is (gasp!) Rex Grossman?

Or maybe we just wait to see who gets released after the draft

I like the Rex Grossman idea as long as the idiot fans don't blow it out of proportion. In Chicago Bears history, there has never been such an over-heralded and over-criticized player as Rex Grossman. We declared him our savior and hated him when he wasn't.

Right now we need to sign a veteran QB for the minimum who could win a game in a pinch. Campbell's cap number for last season was 3.75 million. Did Jason Campbell do anything to earn that last year? Hell, 3.75 million is about what Bushrod's cap number is this year.

If Rex signs for the minimum, I'd trust him to win a game as much as I would Campbell. He sucked in the San Fran game.

I like the Rex Grossman idea as long as the idiot fans don't blow it out of proportion. In Chicago Bears history, there has never been such an over-heralded and over-criticized player as Rex Grossman. We declared him our savior and hated him when he wasn't.

Right now we need to sign a veteran QB for the minimum who could win a game in a pinch. Campbell's cap number for last season was 3.75 million. Did Jason Campbell do anything to earn that last year? Hell, 3.75 million is about what Bushrod's cap number is this year.

If Rex signs for the minimum, I'd trust him to win a game as much as I would Campbell. He sucked in the San Fran game.

I can buy into that one.