Spots to fill

Stinger226

We have a number of roster spots to fill:

DT- We have Melton, Paea, Collins. We need at least one to fill a rotational role. Options (Idonije) can play both DE and DT, and as FAgency drags on, can be brought back cheap.

(Sedrich Ellis) was a bust for NO, but is young enough to become a descent player.

(Derek Landri) has some pass rushing skills.

Draft-a very real possibility

W

LB-We have Briggs,JTThomas,Costanzo,DeCicco,Franklin, Trahan,Wilson Options (Urlacher) only if you can get him on the cheap, not a very skilled player anymore but has leadership qualities worth hanging on to.

(Daryl Smith) played with Tucker at a high level

(Brad Jones) played well last year as a fill in in GB

(Larry Grant) played well when Willis was hurt in SF

(Thomas Howard) had a torn ACL but played at a high level before he went down

(Kevin Brunett) played well in Miami, but at 30 only a couple year stop gap

Draft-possible Olgetree in 1st, or Brown,Collins in 2nd, Reddick or Bostic in 4th

speed WR- we have Golden Brittan,Joe Anderson ,Weems Options (Titus Young) no way

(Daius Heyward-Bey) speed guy that didnt live up to expectations

(Louis Murphy)not much of a football player

(Brandon Tate) KR type

Draft- Austin in the first,Baliey or Wheaton in the second, Stills or Swope in the fourth,Boyce or Robinson in the fifth

OL we have Brown, Williams,Carmi,Dennis,Brandon,Priscal, Webb, Garza, Options (Louis) our best option at RG

(Scott) with Webb and Carmi back to RT, dont see this happening

(Moore) older pro that can still play

(Boothe) can play both OG and OC

Draft- Cooper, Warmack, Fluker in the first, Warford,Thomas,Jones in the second,Flotz,Winters,Schwenke in the fourth, Gilkey,Cave, Madsen in fifth

OVERALL- I think we should trade down with AZ and grab a 39,68, and a extra 6th

With that we 2nd-Warford/OG

2nd-Wheaton/WR

3rd-Scjwenke/OC

4th-Bostic/LB

5th-Gathers/DT

6th-Wilson/CB

6th-Knott/LB

We resign Louis,Idonije, McCown. We pick up Smith/LB.

We're also in need of CB depth. Now that Moore and probably Hayden are gone, the other guys on the Bears roster (Frey, McManis, Lewis) haven't been contributors, so it's hard to project them at this point. That might be another spot that gets early consideration from the staff, though some options remain in FA (Asamough, Munnerlyn, Winfield, Jacob Lacey).

We're also in need of CB depth. Now that Moore and probably Hayden are gone, the other guys on the Bears roster (Frey, McManis, Lewis) haven't been contributors, so it's hard to project them at this point. That might be another spot that gets early consideration from the staff, though some options remain in FA (Asamough, Munnerlyn, Winfield, Jacob Lacey).

I think there are a lot of above average CBs hanging around in FAgency and once some teams blow there load some of the top names, we can get one on the cheap.

I think there are a lot of above average CBs hanging around in FAgency and once some teams blow there load some of the top names, we can get one on the cheap.

I also wonder if the Bears will try Brandon Hardin at CB next year, since Wright and Conte did pretty well last year and Hardin played CB in college.

I also wonder if the Bears will try Brandon Hardin at CB next year, since Wright and Conte did pretty well last year and Hardin played CB in college.

Funny you should mention that. Hub Arkush and Matt Bowen were on the SCORE tonight talking about how Mel Tucker would like the safeties to play more man . . . yet Wright and Conte both suck in man coverage. Meanwhile, Hardin, if healthy, has the size and speed to run with guys.

Hardin has to actually get healthy and play before we should consider switching him positions.

Don't see it. I do see him playing safety and covering TEs if he learns how to tackle and keep his head on straight.

Guest TerraTor
Don't see it. I do see him playing safety and covering TEs if he learns how to tackle and keep his head on straight.

Funny, Conte cant do either of those tasks

We have 1 Linebacker on this team. That is a fact

We have to fill Urlacher and Roach's starting positions and Hayes as a backup. So we need 3 LB's, 2 if we sign Urlacher. We still have Costanzo, DeCicco, Thomas, and Trahan on the roster. Though they are mostly SP, reserve, and practice squad.