Lemon's Wack Mock 2.0

lemonej

20 Desmond Trufant CB Washington I have a feeling he will be the BPA at 20 if both the top interior OL are gone.

50 Terron Armstead OT Arkansas Pine-Bluff Draft this guy and put him at LG and groom him for LT.

114 Akeem Spence DT Illinois You have Melton,Collins and Paea plus Okoye is a UFA and you just cut Toeina they need another body at this position.

146 Marcus Lattimore RB So. Carolina This is the yearly venture down injury road that the Bears take in the draft but injury issues aside, this is one of the best backs in the draft if healthy. I'm thinking with the right rehab and a year in an NFL camp he could maybe be productive like Willis McGahee or Terrell Davis as injured RBs that had productive careers in the league

178 Garrett Gilkey OG Chadron ST or Braxston Cave C Notre Dame Either depth at OG or heir apparent at center.

OK pick this apart.

20 Desmond Trufant CB Washington I have a feeling he will be the BPA at 20 if both the top interior OL are gone.

50 Terron Armstead OT Arkansas Pine-Bluff Draft this guy and put him at LG and groom him for LT.

114 Akeem Spence DT Illinois You have Melton,Collins and Paea plus Okoye is a UFA and you just cut Toeina they need another body at this position.

146 Marcus Lattimore RB So. Carolina This is the yearly venture down injury road that the Bears take in the draft but injury issues aside, this is one of the best backs in the draft if healthy. I'm thinking with the right rehab and a year in an NFL camp he could maybe be productive like Willis McGahee or Terrell Davis as injured RBs that had productive careers in the league

178 Garrett Gilkey OG Chadron ST or Braxston Cave C Notre Dame Either depth at OG or heir apparent at center.

OK pick this apart.

Our first pick wont be a CB, LB or OL. No way we draft a RB, we have 4 signed, will address more need positions.

Wouldn't mind a CB in the first depending on who's there but the rest is very meh to me. If Cooper, Warmack, and Ogletree are gone I'd entertain the idea of Trufant.

Not so sure Armstead is a plug and play type that can come in right away at LG....I would LOVE to see him used the way the Saints used Stinchcomb in the game I watched. Having a guy with his speed and size at FB would be all kinds of awesome. Can't really do that in the 2nd though.

Spence wouldn't be a bad pick but I'd rather get another big DT to backup Paea. Spence is another 3 technique just like Collins. Would really love to have that monster Kwame Geathers in the 5th.

A RB?? No thank you...Ya he could be a good value pick but RB is the one position we're pretty set at with Forte/Bush/Allen and presumably a FB in an emergency situation,

I would like the Braxton Cave pick though.

Trufant is a nice little player. However, I believe, with the situation at LB, that looks to me as the position the Bears will be aiming for with their 1st pick, unless someone like Warmack falls to their pick. If Urlacher doesn't re-sign, then I'm almost sure of it.

Our first pick wont be a CB, LB or OL.

Yeah, we're going to take a kicker.

Trufant is a nice little player. However, I believe, with the situation at LB, that looks to me as the position the Bears will be aiming for with their 1st pick, unless someone like Warmack falls to their pick. If Urlacher doesn't re-sign, then I'm almost sure of it.

Yeah, we're going to take a kicker.

I didnt do proper grammar on that.

Our first pick wont be a CB, (LB or OL). I meant it to say that is what we will be drafting.

They said the Bears are going to focus primarily on defense in this draft. So I actually wouldn't mind that pick as our #1- ONLY if the top O-lineman are gone. I would love to snag one of Warmack, Cooper or Johnson to solidify that O-line for the next few years. I'm assuming Bushrod will not be the only addition to the worst o-line in football last year.

I agree with you that the defense needs to be addressed. We started the season 7-2 last year- BUT the defense looked O-L-D to finish the season. I would focus the remaining rounds on defensive positions. Our line is still pretty solid, but we need to youthinize the back field (corners, safetys, linebackers...)

Also- call me crazy- but i'm predicting #54 returns for two more seasons to finish his career in Chicago. This would keep the defensive morale up since the departure of Lovie really made many of the defensive players upset.

First of all I call it a Wack mock for a reason.Because it is wacky. Emery's draft last season was nothing I could imagine and when you think of a Bears GM making two trades in one offseason that hasn't happened in a while.Now he picks up two FAs that fill needs right away during the first couple of days of being able to sign a FA and I believe anything goes. I'm just trying to throw something out there that is unorthodox because Emery is a hard nut to crack.

For some stupid reason I have started to lock in on some players on the Gamecocks' roster even though I hate Steve Spurrier. Last season it was Alshon Jeffries(lol) and this year its Marcus Lattimore.Of course it will be Clowney next year but getting back to our RB situation, Forte has never proven to me that he is a bell cow and he has been injured the last 2 seasons.Bush is coming off imjury and Armando Allen is not an every down back either.BTW has he signed yet? He is listed as an exclusive rights FA.

First of all I call it a Wack mock for a reason.Because it is wacky. Emery's draft last season was nothing I could imagine and when you think of a Bears GM making two trades in one offseason that hasn't happened in a while.Now he picks up two FAs that fill needs right away during the first couple of days of being able to sign a FA and I believe anything goes. I'm just trying to throw something out there that is unorthodox because Emery is a hard nut to crack.

For some stupid reason I have started to lock in on some players on the Gamecocks' roster even though I hate Steve Spurrier. Last season it was Alshon Jeffries(lol) and this year its Marcus Lattimore.Of course it will be Clowney next year but getting back to our RB situation, Forte has never proven to me that he is a bell cow and he has been injured the last 2 seasons.Bush is coming off imjury and Armando Allen is not an every down back either.BTW has he signed yet? He is listed as an exclusive rights FA.

Allen is back, yes. He signed the other day.

Clowney would be amazing next year. He's arguably the most gifted DE to ever come out of college. I read something where a scout said if he was eligible to go to the NFL from high school, he would've been a top 10 pick. Unfortunately, the Bears would have to go 1-15/2-14 to be able to draft him, so that won't happen, at least let's hope not.

I wouldn't mind taking Lattimore, but the Bears have bigger needs- OLB, MLB, DT, G, T, WR- to take a RB in round 4. If he happens to fall to round 5 or 6, which is unlikely I know, then I'd look at him.

Yup, Allen signed a few weeks ago. I can kinda see what you're saying with injuries and all but you can't really plan on going 5 deep (Unga is still on the roster ATM as well) at RB because your feature back has gotten hurt the last 2 years. Bush will be fine next year as well and is a very capable backup.

It wouldn't be the worst pick ever but I'd rather grab a WR or a QB over a RB at this point.

Yup, Allen signed a few weeks ago. I can kinda see what you're saying with injuries and all but you can't really plan on going 5 deep (Unga is still on the roster ATM as well) at RB because your feature back has gotten hurt the last 2 years. Bush will be fine next year as well and is a very capable backup.

It wouldn't be the worst pick ever but I'd rather grab a WR or a QB over a RB at this point.

IF they could get a Lattimore in like the 5th or 6th and were confident in him being moderately healthy, then I think the right move becomes eating the cap hit on Bush to clear the roster spot. That'd be a decent pair of moves.

IF they could get a Lattimore in like the 5th or 6th and were confident in him being moderately healthy, then I think the right move becomes eating the cap hit on Bush to clear the roster spot. That'd be a decent pair of moves.

Meh, I guess, it doesn't help us this year at all but it could end up helping us in the future. Bush's cap number wouldn't count against the cap after this year correct?

Meh, I guess, it doesn't help us this year at all but it could end up helping us in the future. Bush's cap number wouldn't count against the cap after this year correct?

Yes, Bush's money still mostly counts against the cap even if he's cut. I think there's a small savings, of like less than a million dollars, if you let him go. There's no reason to cut him for money, the only reason to cut him is if you have a cheaply drafted player who would outperform him.

Allen is back, yes. He signed the other day.

Clowney would be amazing next year. He's arguably the most gifted DE to ever come out of college. I read something where a scout said if he was eligible to go to the NFL from high school, he would've been a top 10 pick. Unfortunately, the Bears would have to go 1-15/2-14 to be able to draft him, so that won't happen, at least let's hope not.

I wouldn't mind taking Lattimore, but the Bears have bigger needs- OLB, MLB, DT, G, T, WR- to take a RB in round 4. If he happens to fall to round 5 or 6, which is unlikely I know, then I'd look at him.

BB you know me by now and I get a woody for certain college players and this year its Lattimore. I also like Spencer Ware.

Yes, Bush's money still mostly counts against the cap even if he's cut. I think there's a small savings, of like less than a million dollars, if you let him go. There's no reason to cut him for money, the only reason to cut him is if you have a cheaply drafted player who would outperform him.

Actually Bush would have a BIGGER cap hit if cut. If he plays, his cap hit is $3.55, if he is cut the hit goes up to $4.10, so 550k more to cut him. The good thing is next year they can keep him for a cap hit of $3.85, or cut him and save $1.75. So we will at least have options next year. Unless we trade him this year, we are stuck with him.

Just looked at Walterfootball mock very interesting:

Fluker OT

Stedman Bailey WR

Ty Powell OLB

Brian Winters OG

Deangelo Peterson TE

Charlie, who posts mocks on WF, has:

1. Alec Ogletree, MLB, Georgia

2. Dallas Thomas, G, Tennessee

4. Ryan Otten, TE, San Jose State

5. Tharold Simon, CB, LSU

Charlie, who posts mocks on WF, has:

1. Alec Ogletree, MLB, Georgia

2. Dallas Thomas, G, Tennessee

4. Ryan Otten, TE, San Jose State

5. Tharold Simon, CB, LSU

I also looked at gbn's 3rd mock and they have the Bears drafting Fluker and Te'o.

NFL Network analyst Bucky Brooks must have been drinking what I had because he has the Bears taking Trufant.One of his collegues Josh Morris has Womack falling to the Bears.That would be shocking if he dropped that far. Most of the other analyst haven't posted since FA started and have the Bears taking Eifert.

Can't imagine they use another DP on a TE. I just read they're looking to add a blocking TE (cheaper than Spaeth you have to assume) but you don't get those guys in the draft. Replace the TE in charlies draft with a big DT (Monotori Hughes? Kwame Geathers?) and I'd like his draft.

I also looked at gbn's 3rd mock and they have the Bears drafting Fluker and Te'o.

NFL Network analyst Bucky Brooks must have been drinking what I had because he has the Bears taking Trufant.One of his collegues Josh Morris has Womack falling to the Bears.That would be shocking if he dropped that far. Most of the other analyst haven't posted since FA started and have the Bears taking Eifert.

That would be cool. Fluker and Te'o would be perfect for team needs.