What's next?

Stinger226

I think things will be quiet now for awhile and we are working on trying to resign our players in FAgency. I think we resign Idonije, Loius, McCown, and Scott. I think we still get a CB in FAgency because there is a surplus and as time goes on the players get nervous and grab on to a job. I would like to see them grab a Sheldon Brown/CB played for the Browns. I think we still get one of our LBs in FA due to having to count on two rookies to start might be a stretch. I would like to seem them grab Daryl Smith/OLB from Jacksonville, just due to the tie to our DC and played at a high level last year. There is a chance Urlacher comes back, but the longer it goes I think the farther we get away from that signing. I would like another OG like Brandon Moore but dont see that happening if we resign Louis.

Hopefully a MLB is next. I'd be fine with Smith. Yes he's older but he can still be serviceable for 2-3 years, much like the rest of the defense. A LG would be nice, everyones talking about Brandon Moore for LG but I haven't really heard anyone mention the Jets actual LG, Matt Slaussen who will come cheaper and you don't have to worry about the position change being a factor. He was one of the top rated OGs in the league last year. I'd love to have him and then not have to worry about Warmack or Cooper falling to us.

I say 54 it's in the fold by the end of next week.

If it stays quite the next few days, I would say something is in the works. Which I believe would be #54 also. There is just not a lot of options out there in FA that could help the transition to Tucker like Brian could.

I say 54 it's in the fold by the end of next week.

Or we have signed another free agent linebacker and moved on. The last I checked, there's a ton of LBers available looking for work. I'm not sure how they fit our system. Either way, this story of "will Urlacher sign or won't he?" needs to end sooner than later.

I wouldn't be shocked if they wait on Urlacher and see how the draft shakes out. No one seems to be knocking his door down. Maybe we sign a couple FA LBs that give us flexibility going into the draft and wait to see how things go before deciding if we want to bring Urlacher back.

I wouldn't be shocked if they wait on Urlacher and see how the draft shakes out. No one seems to be knocking his door down. Maybe we sign a couple FA LBs that give us flexibility going into the draft and wait to see how things go before deciding if we want to bring Urlacher back.

I disagree with that for two reasons:

1. The current major Chicago Bears news story is Urlacher. It's not in anyone's best interest for this thing to drag out much longer. One of us will blink within the next week.

2. We have "x" amount of dollars to spend. We've made what we feel is a good offer to Urlacher. If we don't sign him, we need to make alternative plans. We are woefully thin at lb & guard.

I disagree with that for two reasons:

1. The current major Chicago Bears news story is Urlacher. It's not in anyone's best interest for this thing to drag out much longer. One of us will blink within the next week.

2. We have "x" amount of dollars to spend. We've made what we feel is a good offer to Urlacher. If we don't sign him, we need to make alternative plans. We are woefully thin at lb & guard.

Rest man spoke today and he agrees that URL can still help us win and he wants him to return. So now its purely all on the 2 sides putting it together. I'm guessing we will know something some time nxt week