A Speed WR On The Scrap Heap

lemonej

Would Darius Heyward-Bey fit the bill as a speed addition to this team. Whats the deal with him? This was a first round WR that has yet to breakout. Is he a bad route runner or what?

Just a guess but he was extremely raw coming in got over drafted based on his speed and Oakland hasn't had anything there to actually help him grow at all. I wouldn't mind taking a look

Would Darius Heyward-Bey fit the bill as a speed addition to this team. Whats the deal with him? This was a first round WR that has yet to breakout. Is he a bad route runner or what?

After reading up on him a bit, it looks like injuries bugged him to start out. But, to be fair, he has been apart of a woeful team in the Raiders all of his career. He had Jemarus Russell, Jason Campbell and Carson Palmer (not the Palmer of old, but the old Palmer) as his QB's during his tenure. He was hit big time last year during a game with the Steelers...remember it well with all the highlights. It was a wicked shot that put him out cold for awhile.

I think bringing up Bey in this discussion makes a lot of sense. He hasn't garnered a lot of interest (probably would be cheap) and could potentially replace Knox in the speed WR department.

After reading up on him a bit, it looks like injuries bugged him to start out. But, to be fair, he has been apart of a woeful team in the Raiders all of his career. He had Jemarus Russell, Jason Campbell and Carson Palmer (not the Palmer of old, but the old Palmer) as his QB's during his tenure. He was hit big time last year during a game with the Steelers...remember it well with all the highlights. It was a wicked shot that put him out cold for awhile.

I think bringing up Bey in this discussion makes a lot of sense. He hasn't garnered a lot of interest (probably would be cheap) and could potentially replace Knox in the speed WR department.

AG thats what I needed to see. I believe this kid has yet to show what he could do. I remember he was the next best thing coming out of Maryland that has had a player that had some buzz going into the draft evey year tha fact that hedidn't fare well at Oakland doesn't mean a thing. Charles Woodson is a former Raider.

AG thats what I needed to see. I believe this kid has yet to show what he could do. I remember he was the next best thing coming out of Maryland that has had a player that had some buzz going into the draft evey year tha fact that hedidn't fare well at Oakland doesn't mean a thing. Charles Woodson is a former Raider.

I think someone will give him more money than the min. vet salary of which I think we looking at for most additions going forward.

And Heisman winner to boot.

DHB was a player that intrigued me when he came into the draft. That was the year the Bears traded for Cutler and had just lost Booker (after his second tour). There seemed to be a lot of buzz at the time for WR talent. The Bears did draft Juaquin Iglecias and Johnny Knox that year and we know how that worked out. Anyway, still an intriguing thought.

I would rather draft either Kenny Still or Stedman Bailey for our new speed WR

Kenny Stills

Stedman Bailey

Why not draft a guy and sign a guy like DHB? I believe both Earl Bennett and Devin Hester are expendable. Make it a true competition and see what happens. DHB may suck and we cut him anyway.

Not to mention, is Alshon Jeffrey really that good? Don't get me wrong, I like the guy. But he's getting a lot of hype for a guy who played 10 games and caught 24 passes for 367 yards last season. Yes, he showed signs of potential. It seems like we always have WR's who show signs of great potential that never amounts to much. (Mark Bradley, Johnny Knox, Devin Hester, Dane Sanzenbacher . . . I'm sure I'm forgetting 10 or 20. Who's the guy who was with the Vikings who had like one good game for us? I'm not talking about Mike Haas either)

Why not draft a guy and sign a guy like DHB? I believe both Earl Bennett and Devin Hester are expendable. Make it a true competition and see what happens. DHB may suck and we cut him anyway.

Not to mention, is Alshon Jeffrey really that good? Don't get me wrong, I like the guy. But he's getting a lot of hype for a guy who played 10 games and caught 24 passes for 367 yards last season. Yes, he showed signs of potential. It seems like we always have WR's who show signs of great potential that never amounts to much. (Mark Bradley, Johnny Knox, Devin Hester, Dane Sanzenbacher . . . I'm sure I'm forgetting 10 or 20. Who's the guy who was with the Vikings who had like one good game for us? I'm not talking about Mike Haas either)

Devin Aramoshadu or Bernard Berrian?

I'm glad I'm not the only person on this board who doesn't love Alshon Jeffery. For the reasons you mentioned + the fact that he's slow and dropped quite a few passes last year, I'm not a fan yet.

I'm glad I'm not the only person on this board who doesn't love Alshon Jeffery. For the reasons you mentioned + the fact that he's slow and dropped quite a few passes last year, I'm not a fan yet.

Count me in the skeptical crowd. I'm really looking forward to see if he changed his physicality this year after an off season working out with Marshall. I don't think he'll ever be a fast twitch guy, but he can use power as an allie. He can be judged after this year as his stats should go to about 60 rec/800 yards/7 TD's.

Count me in the skeptical crowd. I'm really looking forward to see if he changed his physicality this year after an off season working out with Marshall. I don't think he'll ever be a fast twitch guy, but he can use power as an allie. He can be judged after this year as his stats should go to about 60 rec/800 yards/7 TD's.

First off Jeffery was hurt most of the year, secondly we have Marshall Cutlers buddy taking

the chances Jeffery has had to prove himself now once he works with Marshall and uses his body weight and height he is going to be a beast like Marshall. We just need to throw him the ball more.