The O line so what do we do

Wesson44

We have the following on the roster, so who do you place where and draft to fill a need? The bold are starters right now

LT Bushrod,Brandon

LG Brown, Riley

C Garza, Williams

RG Carimi, Pieschel

RT Webb,Dennis

I hate to say it, but I see the Bears resigning Louis and that is it. In the draft they will go defense, maybe grab a Center in RD4/5.

I hate to say it, but I see the Bears resigning Louis and that is it. In the draft they will go defense, maybe grab a Center in RD4/5.

I disagree. I don't see how we completely ignore the OL again in the draft with the draft being deep at that position. I really think he will grab a G in either rd 1 or 2 to become a starter right away

We have the following on the roster, so who do you place where and draft to fill a need? The bold are starters right now

LT Bushrod,Brandon

LG Brown, Riley

C Garza, Williams

RG Carimi, Pieschel

RT Webb,Dennis

What I hope happens:

LT - Bushrod

LG - Rookie/Brown

C - Garza/Rookie

RG - Louis/Brown

RT - Carimi/Webb

The rookie starting at LG is obviously Warmack or Cooper. I prefer Warmack.

The center could be Schwenke, Jones, or Cave. I prefer Jones.

What I hope happens:

LT - Bushrod

LG - Rookie/Brown

C - Garza/Rookie

RG - Louis/Brown

RT - Carimi/Webb

I feel we need an upgrade a Center as well and hopeful that any rookie center drafted would be able to push Garza out of the starting lineup.

It's one big puzzle at this point with a lot of wildcards thrown into the mix. I like what I'm reading about James Brown, I've never actually read a scouting report on him until now. I think he very well could end up being one of the starting guards. Center is another wildcard like a lot of you have said. Garza hasn't done enough to be handed the job with no competition, and there are a lot of guys in the late rounds that can be brought in as competition. Quesenberry or Schwenke in the 4th would be fantastic, Cave or Madsen later on would also provide adequate competition with Garza. Hopefully the outcome of the battle either results in a fired up Garza or a fresh new OC to take the line to the next level. Lastly, Lance Louis is also a wildcard. He should be healthy coming training camp from what I've read, and he should be cheap enough to resign to battle Carimi at RG. Not so sure it's a lock he's back though, he hasn't garnered a lot of attention so far in FA but after a few more OGs get signed he could be a name that sees more attention. He's probably best served to stay on the market for a bit.

The Bears LB position is also a wildcard in all this. Do they sign a LB in FA? That would eliminate the need to grab one in the first round and then they can turn to either drafting Cooper/Warmack/Fluker if they're there or potentially trading down for Warford.

So many directions it can go that it's really hard to say what they do and I'm not quite sure what I want but in Kromer I trust.

It's one big puzzle at this point with a lot of wildcards thrown into the mix. I like what I'm reading about James Brown, I've never actually read a scouting report on him until now. I think he very well could end up being one of the starting guards. Center is another wildcard like a lot of you have said. Garza hasn't done enough to be handed the job with no competition, and there are a lot of guys in the late rounds that can be brought in as competition. Quesenberry or Schwenke in the 4th would be fantastic, Cave or Madsen later on would also provide adequate competition with Garza. Hopefully the outcome of the battle either results in a fired up Garza or a fresh new OC to take the line to the next level. Lastly, Lance Louis is also a wildcard. He should be healthy come training camp from what I've read, and he should be cheap enough to resign to battle Carimi at RG. Not so sure it's a lock he's back though, he hasn't garnered a lot of attention so far in FA but after a few more OGs get signed he could be a name that sees more attention. He's probably best served to stay on the market for a bit.

The Bears LB position is also a wildcard in all this. Do they sign a LB in FA? That would eliminate the need to grab one in the first round and then they can turn to either drafting Cooper/Warmack/Fluker if they're there or potentially trading down for Warford.

So many directions it can go that it's really hard to say what they do and I'm not quite sure what I wanna but in Kromer I trust.

My reply about not doing much to the oline was a result of not having 3 starting LB's. With Williams, that may change. Also, by grabbing a C, we can swing Garza over to G if needed.

My reply about not doing much to the oline was a result of not having 3 starting LB's. With Williams, that may change. Also, by grabbing a C, we can swing Garza over to G if needed.

Ya, the Williams signing could turn out to be huge. Not so sure Warmack or Cooper are there but if so that would be huge for the line. I also wonder if Fluker can play LG, there's been a lot of talk about him having to move inside, I assume that wouldn't limit him to just the right side but that could be the case.

What I hope happens:

LT - Bushrod

LG - Rookie/Brown

C - Garza/Rookie

RG - Louis/Brown

RT - Carimi/Webb

This! 1,000,000% I know this is overly dramatic, but it needs to happen. I don't like Carimi at G. He's a little too long for that position. We need an upgrade at both G positions, but I can live with getting one good one in the draft. Garza is average on his best day and on the wrong side of 30 with no talent in the pipeline. Once and for all, the OL needs fixed.

What I hope happens:

LT - Bushrod

LG - Rookie/Brown

C - Garza/Rookie

RG - Louis/Brown

RT - Carimi/Webb

Ok what if Warmack or Cooper are gone....I would get Jones from Bama who can play all three positions C/G/OT

Ok what if Warmack or Cooper are gone....I would get Jones from Bama who can play all three positions C/G/OT

Jones is gonna be available in the 2nd. Walt at walterfootball has him going with the top pick of the 4th round while Charlie has him going with the 1st pick of the 3rd round.

This! 1,000,000% I know this is overly dramatic, but it needs to happen. I don't like Carimi at G. He's a little too long for that position. We need an upgrade at both G positions, but I can live with getting one good one in the draft. Garza is average on his best day and on the wrong side of 30 with no talent in the pipeline. Once and for all, the OL needs fixed.

I agree, but all indications are we want to bring Jonathon Scott back as our swing tackle. If that happens, like it or not, Carimi becomes a guard. Probably a starting guard. Granted, that hasn't happened yet, but Scott is still available and the Bears still need offensive linemen.

What I hope happens:

LT - Bushrod

LG - Rookie/Brown

C - Garza/Rookie

RG - Louis/Brown

RT - Carimi/Webb

That all sounds like exactly what will happen. I think the possibility exists that we sign a older vet for a couple years until Brown is ready to start. Someone like Brandon Moore.

What I hope happens:

LT - Bushrod

LG - Rookie/Brown

C - Garza/Rookie

RG - Louis/Brown

RT - Carimi/Webb

I like your plan but I believe the staff feels we have options. With the team stating they'd like to re-sign Scott it seems they feel Carimi will be at OG and so I see him at LG. He used to play LT so changing back to the left side should be a no-brainer for him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

If we stay at 20 I can see us taking Fluker for RT simply because the wish list OG are gone by then. In this case Scott gets cut and Webb ends up as our swing OT. Or Webb gets cut, don't care either way.

Rd 2 goes to LB.

Rd 4 goes to rookie C.

Bushrod,Webb

Carimi/Brown (best man wins the job)

Garza/rookie

Louis/Brown

Fluker/Webb

--------------------------------------------------------------------

If we trade back and Fluker is gone I see LB in Rd 1, OG in Rd 2, and C in Rd 4. The 3rd Rd pick we get is used to draft a safety.....(just kidding Lovie's gone but wait didn't Emery draft an injury plagued S in Rd 3 last year?) I'd say we draft our WR there.

Bushrod/Carimi

Rookie/Brown

Garza/Rookie

Louis/Brown

Webb/Carimi (best player wins starting role) ...and yes, I said the staff feels Carimi is best suited for OG but his versatility to backup either OG/OT does add value over a player like Scott.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

From an overall team standpoint I'd like to see us trade back as it helps us out tremendously. I don't know college players that well so I'll let others fill in those blanks but there are several good options for OG in Rd 2, several good WRs available in the 3rd that fit what we need, and finding a C in Rd 4 should be no problem either.