Bears grab DJ Williams

Stinger226

Good stat from Zach Zaidman.

Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman 30s

D.J. Williams started at weakside (39), inside (31), strongside (29) and middle (16) linebacker positions for the Broncos during his career

Emery said this about him.

Phil Emery on Williams: "We see a player that has very good athletic upside who can contribute immediately at ‘Mike’ (middle) linebacker."

Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman 3m

Emery on Williams: "He is also a versatile player who has played both outside linebacker positions, giving us flexibility in the draft.”

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe the overwhelming support for this guy considering how opposed most have been in the past to signing anyone who was not a Boy Scout (e.g. Moss, TO, Burfict). And before anyone says anything, I'm talking way back when they were available the first time.

I don't mind the signing; it makes sense. But I've always been consistent about getting players with upside and some character issues.

I can't believe the overwhelming support for this guy considering how opposed most have been in the past to signing anyone who was not a Boy Scout (e.g. Moss, TO, Burfict). And before anyone says anything, I'm talking way back when they were available the first time.

I don't mind the signing; it makes sense. But I've always been consistent about getting players with upside and some character issues.

I remember. I agreed with you Moss, but strongly disagreed on T.O. DJ Williams is cheap with all upside on this deal. I'm good with it. He should be an upgrade.

The risk & return potential is quite good.

We have paid virtually nothing for the guy...so really, how can anyone be anything but positive about it?

This particular move needs to be judged seperately of how anyone feels about how Url was handled.

With that said, and as you've said, it's good. Overwhelming support makes sense.

I remember. I agreed with you Moss, but strongly disagreed on T.O. DJ Williams is cheap with all upside on this deal. I'm good with it. He should be an upgrade.

I feel like I'm about to derail this thread but while we're talking WRs with character issues...Ochocinco is working out with Marshall at Fit Speed...At a cheap price are we interested??

Did it?

He wasn't brought in to do much, just to provide a threat. An inspired Chad Johnson can still be a threat.

From all Bennett has tweeted about fit speed that place is no joke, if he keeps putting in the work there I could see him still being a viable #4 WR who comes in from time to time. At a vet minimum I'd take a shot at him.

He wasn't brought in to do much, just to provide a threat. An inspired Chad Johnson can still be a threat.

From all Bennett has tweeted about fit speed that place is no joke, if he keeps putting in the work there I could see him still being a viable #4 WR who comes in from time to time. At a vet minimum I'd take a shot at him.

He had 400 yards and 3 TD's. If they brought in Ochocinco and he did that, we'd all say he sucks...which he does. Pass.

He had 400 yards and 3 TD's. If they brought in Ochocinco and he did that, we'd all say he sucks...which he does. Pass.

He did that as the teams #4 receiving option, our #4 was Hester who had 232 yards. Chad would basically be our #5/6 option behind Marshall/Jeffery/M. Bennett/Forte/E. Bennett? with the potential to be more. It would all be based on what Marshall has to say about how he's looking in training, if Marshall suggests we take a chance, then we take a chance. Give him no guaranteed $$

He did that as the teams #4 receiving option, our #4 was Hester who had 232 yards. Chad would basically be our #5/6 option behind Marshall/Jeffery/M. Bennett/Forte/E. Bennett? with the potential to be more. It would all be based on what Marshall has to say about how he's looking in training, if Marshall suggests we take a chance, then we take a chance. Give him no guaranteed $$

OH PLEASE THE HUMANITY. I THINK MY EYES ARE BLEEDING READING THIS. Lol

thank GOD your not running the Bears.

No.

This isn't Madden...

Why don't we bring in Willie Gault? He's still really fast...

This will not happen and is truly a waste of time pining for.

A Marshall/Jeffery/Bennett/Johnson/Rookie WR corp is better than a Marshall/Jeffery/Bennett/Rookie/Weems corp.

With no guaranteed money given to Chad there's literally no risk involved.

In no way am I "pining" for it. It was just a suggestion while we were talking about the likes of TO and Moss. If Marshall had some input about Chad looking good while they're training together I'm merely saying I wouldn't mind taking a waiver on him at the vet minimum.

Like I've said in the past though I don't think a WR is that big a need, but at the league minimum I'd still take a chance on him.

He did that as the teams #4 receiving option, our #4 was Hester who had 232 yards. Chad would basically be our #5/6 option behind Marshall/Jeffery/M. Bennett/Forte/E. Bennett? with the potential to be more. It would all be based on what Marshall has to say about how he's looking in training, if Marshall suggests we take a chance, then we take a chance. Give him no guaranteed $

Your 5 or 6 option needs to be a young developing player. People in the work place thrive better with something to aspire to. If the cream rises to the top, so be it. Ocho is far past that.

When healthy and eligible to play, DJ Williams is a really good linebacker. Versatile too in that he could be outside or inside. I still think the Bears go guard and linebacker (in no particular order) in the first two rounds of the draft. Nick Barnett would be a solid signing as well.

Agreed. Good signing for the price. We've mentioned his health concerns, but up until last year, he's been pretty damn healthy. Particularly when you consider it's Williams vs. Urlacher, #54 has a bad back, bad knee . . .

As for the draft, I could see the Bears going guard/linebacker . . . or not. I could see another OT, a WR, D-line . . . I think we have options.

I'd rather use that money of the league minimum to donate to charity...

He's not needed here at this point.

We aren't loaded with loot. Every little bit counts at the moment. This would be frivilous. And would probably take away from Marshall...thus making it more possible of having him disgruntled. Simply not worth it on so many levels...

In no way am I "pining" for it. It was just a suggestion while we were talking about the likes of TO and Moss. If Marshall had some input about Chad looking good while they're training together I'm merely saying I wouldn't mind taking a waiver on him at the vet minimum.

Like I've said in the past though I don't think a WR is that big a need, but at the league minimum I'd still take a chance on him.

I'd rather use that money of the league minimum to donate to charity...

He's not needed here at this point.

We aren't loaded with loot. Every little bit counts at the moment. This would be frivilous. And would probably take away from Marshall...thus making it more possible of having him disgruntled. Simply not worth it on so many levels...

The thing about 4's and on, they need to be big contributers on special teams. Chad would not be in my opinion. You have to put that in to perspective when team building in our fantasy world. Sure, lets sign all the old greats....can the be a gunner??