Bears grab DJ Williams

Stinger226

He wasn't brought in to do much, just to provide a threat. An inspired Chad Johnson can still be a threat.

From all Bennett has tweeted about fit speed that place is no joke, if he keeps putting in the work there I could see him still being a viable #4 WR who comes in from time to time. At a vet minimum I'd take a shot at him.

1) Chad Johnson has been inspired to earn a decent multiyear contract for several years, it ain't happening.

2) Don't need him running his mouth on the bench. That's a spot for a rookie who can play some special teams and be groomed to take Bennett's place.

3) I can go to Fit Speed and work my ass off, be in great shape, and I'll still run a 5.5 forty. So it will be for Chad Johnson: Faster than me, but he's still going to be slow by NFL standards. Conditioning has not been his problem, the film doesn't lie.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Moss was so good in your opinion in 2012, why don't they sign him instead of Ochocinco?

I'm not saying Moss was good I'm saying SF took a chance on a past their prime WR with character issues which is something the Bears would be doing as well. Look guys it was just a thought based on the fact that he's working out with Marshall and the other Bears receivers. They would have some insider info on what kind of shape he's in that other teams wouldn't. So if Marshall told the powers that be that he's in great shape and may be worth taking a waiver on I wouldn't be opposed to doing so, that's all I'm saying. With no guaranteed money given to him there is no risk involved whatsoever. If one of the WRs go down you can do worse than having Chad out there on the field.

I'm done talking about it.

I'm not saying Moss was good I'm saying SF took a chance on a past their prime WR with character issues which is something the Bears would be doing as well. Look guys it was just a thought based on the fact that he's working out with Marshall and the other Bears receivers. They would have some insider info on what kind of shape he's in that other teams wouldn't. So if Marshall told the powers that be that he's in great shape and may be worth taking a waiver on I wouldn't be opposed to doing so, that's all I'm saying. With no guaranteed money given to him there is no risk involved whatsoever. If one of the WRs go down you can do worse than having Chad out there on the field.

I'm done talking about it.

Just FYI-I completely understand and completely agree. All the other talk, aside from the comment about ST play, is nonsense. OchoCinco on crutches is better as a receiver than Weems. And a number four or five WR on the Bears is not going to get a Ron of time or snaps to develop anyway.

Just FYI-I completely understand and completely agree. All the other talk, aside from the comment about ST play, is nonsense. OchoCinco on crutches is better as a receiver than Weems. And a number four or five WR on the Bears is not going to get a Ron of time or snaps to develop anyway.

The ST comment is completely true with your 4th and 5th WRs , they NEED to play ST