Work to do

Stinger226

The draft will fill some of our roster spots, but other than the first two rounds, how much will you be able to count on them for major contributions. We still have some roster spots to fill that has to get done.

We still need a backup QB. I think McCown is the logical choice, due to our comfort zone with him and he will be cheap. Also Campbell could come back but after paying him 3.5 mil last year , I dont see him playing cheap.

Unless its a high draft pick, I dont see us getting our #2 in the draft. Other possibilities, Kolb, Grossman, and Brady Quinn.

conclusion: Campbell will cost to much and didnt look good last year when he played. I think Kolb, and Grossman costing more than we want to pay. So McCown seems like the logical choice.

We still need LBers. With D.J. Williams that could turn out to be a good addition, but still think they will draft some depth at MLB. Possibly in the 4 or 5th round. Ogletree or Minter, Brown in 1st, Te'o in 2nd, Reddick, Bostic, and Alonso in

4th or 5th.

conclusion: I see us getting a 4th or 5th rounder, my call would be Bostic in the 4th.

We still need a OLB starter. Williams could play outside if we draft a MLB prospect in first or second round, so that would still be a possibility. UFAs that could fill the bill. D. Smith,Barnett,Howard, and Boley. In the draft; Jarvis Jones in the 1st, Greene,Thomas,Collins in the 2nd, Moore, Hodges with the 4th and beyond.

conclusion: I still see Daryl Smith coming here to be our starter, as jobs diminish we can get him at our price.

We still need a NB. Hayden could be the guy, if he meets our price, UFA there are several quality CBs out there, and getting one at our price is likely. In the draft: Rhodes or Trufant in the first, Slay, Amerson,Banks in the second.

Many 2nd and 3rd round grades as possibilities. Later round picks I like are Hawthorne or Mathieu.

conclusion: I think we sill pick that guy up in FAgency or resign Hayden. If we go by BPA we could be picking a 1st or 2nd pick at CB.

We still need OL I think with the Bushrod signing and Webb moving to RT to fight it out with Carmi, we concentrated on OG in the draft. I think we resign Louis and possibly of Scott yet. So we need to draft a OG,or OC in the

draft: Warmack,Cooper, Flucker in the 1st, Long, Warford, or Barnett in the second, later round picks would be Schwenke, Winters, Fredrick, Foltz.

conclusion: We resign Louis, we trade down in the draft and with extra picks, pick up Warford in the second and Schwenke in 3rd or 4th. I think Carmi comes back to take the RT spot and Webb is our swing tackle. The wild card

here is Brown is good enough to start or we draft Barnett in second to play OG or OC.

We still need a WR We have some WRs on the roster that could suprise us like a Anderson or Golden, but we need to add a speed guy to spread the field and will get him in the draft. 1st round-Austin. Bailey or Wheaton in the

2nd, Later round picks would be Swope, Stills, Boyce, Goodwin.

conclusion: I think we get this guy in the draft Austin in the first or second is a BPA possibility. I think it comes from a Swope, Stills or Boyce choice in a later round if we move to get more picks in draft.

We have a lot of spots to fill which will be filled in the draft and FAgencyl, and the next few weeks tell a lot about our football team. I think we still make some cuts, and reconstruct Marshall and Bennett for more money. We resign Louis, Hayden, McCown and another UFA to play LB. The new regime is quite tight lipped and its a roller coaster ride that has been fun so far.