State of the defense

Wesson44

I didn't want to start a new thread but was curious if these last few moves are indicating a change to the 3-4. Williams and Anderson both have experience in a 3-4. The draft is freeing up, where we can use a couple picks to fill the missing pieces. There is also articles on web that suggest this also released today. The next few weeks will be telling...

no way that happens this year.

The possiblity exists that the BPA could be a DT/DE by the way the board falls, it will be interesting.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them go DT if one were there that they really liked. Who knows what their long-term plans for Melton are. I think all of the other positions previously mentioned are far more likely though.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them go DT if one were there that they really liked. Who knows what their long-term plans for Melton are. I think all of the other positions previously mentioned are far more likely though.

DE would not surprise me at all. For one, you can never have too many. Add to that, Peppers cap hit is going to be around 16mil next year and may be a casualty.

DE would not surprise me at all. For one, you can never have too many. Add to that, Peppers cap hit is going to be around 16mil next year and may be a casualty.

If you look atbig boards, DT-DE-CB, fall in that spot a lot. I see the possibility exists if Austin is there we might take him.

With all the players Emery has been able to add I've been wondering if we might go that route with our first pick. If somebody falls and the talent is too good to pass up I think he will do that but priority 1 is to trade back and grab at least one more pick.

We all know my thoughts on this but I don't see it happening.

I agree that it won't happen for 2013 but I do think that window is there for 2014. Looking at the player moves. Fact our DC has connections to the 3-4 and another fact is most high $$ players are coming out of contract after 2013. Tells me if Emery wanted to he could and we have flexibility of being big time spenders for 2014 as well. Very interesting to say the least

I agree that it won't happen for 2013 but I do think that window is there for 2014. Looking at the player moves. Fact our DC has connections to the 3-4 and another fact is most high $$ players are coming out of contract after 2013. Tells me if Emery wanted to he could and we have flexibility of being big time spenders for 2014 as well. Very interesting to say the least

How much of that flexibility comes from not having a QB under contract?

If you look atbig boards, DT-DE-CB, fall in that spot a lot. I see the possibility exists if Austin is there we might take him.

Stud offensive guard might be a priority now that Louis has signed with Miami. In my opinion, if Austin is there we jump all over him and dump Hester. I just can't see us drafting defense bringing in an offensive head coach with one of the worst offenses in the league.

Stud offensive guard might be a priority now that Louis has signed with Miami. In my opinion, if Austin is there we jump all over him and dump Hester. I just can't see us drafting defense bringing in an offensive head coach with one of the worst offenses in the league.

I'm all for a young stud at G too. One we think is a sure thing, like my thoughts on DeCastro last year. The thing about this draft is there are some good LB, G, and WRs we will have a shot at. WR should be our least concern, but it may be Trestmans #1 priority. We may throw everyone off and take anothe DE? Wootten has one year left and Peppers may cost too much and Shea may not develop. I won't throw anything out with this team.

Cooper from NC would be my guess. Move him to the right side Carimi to left and we got ourselves a pretty massive and athletic line.

From what he has shown so far, I don't think Carimi will ever be a LT, and maybe not a RT with us. Bushrod was signed to be the LT, so now we need to find the RT and the Gs for the line.