State of the Offense

Wesson44

WR

Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, Anderson, Golden, Hester, Moss, Toliver, Weems

TE Adams, Bennett, Eldridge, Maneri, Miller, Onobun, Rodriguez

COMMENTS:We have a good core with Marshall, Jeffery and Bennett but with Hester going back to full time duties as PR/KR we need a 4th WR speed guy, now Golden runs a 4.3 but is raw, Anderson is a good ST guy that can catch ,Moss is 6'4 and also runs a 4.3 so we might have a diamond in the ruff****MAYBE****We keep Weems for ST and maybe we draft another guy like Stills.

At TE we will cut Eldridge, Onobun and see no need for Adams as well

unless they want to keep 4 TE'S

OT Bushrod, Webb, Carimi, Brandon, Dennis

OG

Brown, Pieschel, Riley

C

Garza, Williams

COMMENTS:With Louis, Spencer, Scott and Rachal all being FA we need a G that can come in and start. maybe we re-sign Louis and draft Cooper or Jones....Garza is getting old also

QB

Cutler, Blanchard

COMMENTS: Simple we need another option here Campbell is not good at all for us

RB

Forte, Bush, Unga, Allen

COMMENTS: We are good here by cutting Unga. Bell is still a FA i think

Guest TerraTor
Some of those guys will end up on the practice squad.

Carimi will move to G, and we will draft one for sure.

I would say that we draft an OG and WR on offense. The only other position may be C.

Maybe a RT in the middraft

Like I said in another thread I'm now on board with a WR since Hester won't be used there. A first or 2nd round pick isn't necessarily the spot to get 1 but we should indeed grab on at some point.

TE they are set, Bennett is a guy they can line up in-line or in the slot and ERod can be urilized in an H-back type role coming out of the backfield and such. Maneri fills in the Spaeth role and as a guy who potentially lines up as a FB as well

The line is still very intriguing to me as there are so many directions they can go. If Cooper and Warmack are gone and they can't trade back I think Fluker could be an interesting pick. Throw him at RG and let Carimi and Brown battle for LG. A center should also be a necessity in the draft, Garza shouldn't be handed the job with competition.

A backup QB is also a need and I'm not sure where they're gonna get one. I'd say just grab one of the scrapheap and let Trestman put his touch on him.

OG/OC/WR in the draft would be dandy.

Someone has to say it.

Bears offensive needs right now:

#1: improvement by Jay Cutler

#2: other positions listed above.

(The excuses no longer count.)

This is kind of a given. I have all the faith in the world in Jay Cutler to have a pretty good year next year, maybe more than I should have...The picks will still be there but I can see 4k yards and ~30 TDs this season.

This is kind of a given. I have all the faith in the world in Jay Cutler to have a pretty good year next year, maybe more than I should have...The picks will still be there but I can see 4k yards and ~30 TDs this season.

Everyone said that last year too. No one is a bigger fan of his than I am, but I've lost faith in a sense that I'm not going to believe that with a whole new system (again) that he'll play THAT well this year.

Someone has to say it.

It remains to be seen if the excuses no longer count. If the Bears start Garza, Louis, and Webb on the right side, every indication is that Cutler will be running a lot more than in just the read-option plays.

Everyone said that last year too. No one is a bigger fan of his than I am, but I've lost faith in a sense that I'm not going to believe that with a whole new system (again) that he'll play THAT well this year.

I think moving back to the WCO he ran in Denver will get him back to his Denver numbers. The addition of Bennett will be a huge plus and utilizing Forte more in the pass game is gonna be a huge positive IMO. I really like the offense if they utilize it the way I think they will.

Someone has to say it.

Unfortunately, you know as well as I do that there is going to be people who still think Cutler can do no wrong and the offensive line will still be the reason for everything he does poorly.

Unfortunately, you know as well as I do that there is going to be people who still think Cutler can do no wrong and the offensive line will still be the reason for everything he does poorly.

Especially if Webb is still in the lineup, he'll be scapegoated no matter how he actually plays.

Unless the OL actually performs well, it remains a valid excuse for Cutler. It can't be an excuse for when he's in the first drive of the game and throws into triple coverage, but I'm going to give him a relative pass if he's trying to win the game in the 4th quarter and he's been getting his ass handed to him for the better part of the game.

Especially if Webb is still in the lineup, he'll be scapegoated no matter how he actually plays.

Until he plays well, he's always a valid scapegoat. His brief stretches of good play have been acknowledged when they happened.