Hayden to be brought back

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Hopefully he plays better than last year, because last year he was awful.

He's been officially signed. As per the Trib. He's a solid pick-up considering how much we play nickel against the Packers & Lions.

With all the inexpensive talent available in free agency, IMO we'd have to think long and hard about trading down. We've done a great job of filling out our roster with solid players. What we need is talent and playmakers.

He's been officially signed. As per the Trib. He's a solid pick-up considering how much we play nickel against the Packers & Lions.

With all the inexpensive talent available in free agency, IMO we'd have to think long and hard about trading down. We've done a great job of filling out our roster with solid players. What we need is talent and playmakers.

I think they'll play that out until the last minute. You never pass on or trade out of a situation where you feel you can get an impact player. If Emery feels he can trade down and get the same amount of impact players, I'm all for it.

I think they'll play that out until the last minute. You never pass on or trade out of a situation where you feel you can get an impact player. If Emery feels he can trade down and get the same amount of impact players, I'm all for it.

We still have Idonije and Louis to sign and then I think were be done with FA. Oh I forget also a backup Qb.

Lots of really good moves over the past 7 days. I like this a lot more then Emery's previous offseason. I hope I like Emery's draft a lot more too.

The previous offseason was all about giving Lovie one year to prove it and for most part I think Emergy gave him what he said he needed. Brandon Marshall and drafted a DE in first round, got another WR in Rd2. And we ignored Oline in the draft again and drafted a safety in Rd3...a Lovie trademark.

Plus Emery didn't have much time to scout the Bears players before the draft. Certainly not as much as he knows them now after being around them one full season. Add in that he has significantly increased the size of our scouting department and this offseason we are seeing the results. For better or worse we do not know but clearly the plan has changed.

Webb demoted, possibly gone from roster depending on how or where Carimi competes for a job. I think a lot of what happened with the coaches and their commitment to our existing Oline players had a role in Lovie's firing.

Cutler not extended...no commitment has to earn it.

Urlacher gone.

Tillman contract not extended. A little bit surprising here but I think he doesn't want a long term commitment to an aging veteran, possibly will let market settle and then see if there's a 1-2yr extension they can agree on. Or just deal with it next year. Tillman is not a great cover guy.

Jennings...I expected something here before FA began to give us more flexibility especially given how well Jennings played last season. He sits and waits and again the market is dropping so comparisons with other CB will bring the price down. Or is it because we are considering a scheme change where Jennings might not fit as well?

Right now it's clear he is interested in getting a younger roster and gaining cap flexibility for the future.