Does this mean Carimi is gone?

GrizzlyBear

No. He still has the potential to snag one of the spots on the right side. Scott was just resigned if Carimi takes the RG position.

Also what are these new training camp rules you speak of?

It was mentioned that Scott was signed to be the swing tackle. So the right tackle spot is a duel between Webb and Carmi. Early in camp if Webb shines I see them moving Carmi to OG. If Carmi takes the spot, that may be bad for Webb to stay on the roster.

No. He still has the potential to snag one of the spots on the right side. Scott was just resigned if Carimi takes the RG position.

Also what are these new training camp rules you speak of?

the rules that came in last season, no pads or hitting except for a certain number times. Hard to eval when you can not hit like they used to.

Guest TerraTor
Signed

Matt Slauson G

Bushrod T

Scott T

That puts us at 5 guard/Centers and 6 tackles

It appears to me that Brown , Carimi, Williams , webb are gonna have to duke it out in camp, with the new rules in camp it prove difficult to do so.

I think it means he needs to get his head out his ass

It was mentioned that Scott was signed to be the swing tackle. So the right tackle spot is a duel between Webb and Carmi. Early in camp if Webb shines I see them moving Carmi to OG. If Carmi takes the spot, that may be bad for Webb to stay on the roster.

It appears Carimi competes solely at OG:

---------------------------------------------------

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,2068224.story

Emery also has indicated Gabe Carimi will compete at guard, but the Bears could fortify the position in the draft as well.

---------------------------------------------------