Manti Te'o

dawhizz

Just taking the temperature of the board - I sense a lot of resistence to Manti Te'o, but I wonder if he's become underrated at this point. So I'm wondering, what is the earliest you would be OK with having the Bears draft Te'o? Assume for the purposes of the question that either Ogletree or Brown are gone by #20 (but not both).

1) #20 overall

2) Trade down, but pick still in the 1st round

3) Trade down, but pick in the early 2nd round

4) #50

5) Don't want him

You could actually make this into a poll.

I don't see any scenario where they pick him, and that's why he will end up as our #20 selection. If they miss on Ogletree, I would rather have them go Brown, Reddick, or Minter, before Teo.

Just taking the temperature of the board - I sense a lot of resistence to Manti Te'o, but I wonder if he's become underrated at this point. So I'm wondering, what is the earliest you would be OK with having the Bears draft Te'o? Assume for the purposes of the question that either Ogletree or Brown are gone by #20 (but not both).

1) #20 overall

4) #50

5) Don't want him

I think there are better choices, but if he is there in the second round and the bears chose him, I would have to assume they did there homework on him and made a rational choice.

1) #20 overall

4) #50

5) Don't want him

I think there are better choices, but if he is there in the second round and the bears chose him, I would have to assume they did there homework on him and made a rational choice.

Yes, taking him would make me very angry. I don't think he's nearly as good as some people say he is. Too many flaws in his game that are not conducive to playing MLB in a 4-3 system, in a division where Aaron Rodgers and Matt Stafford throw the ball as much as they do. The Bears need athletic, agile LB's to keep those teams away from exploiting the middle of the field.

I think he's going to be a good player so wherever they take him is OK with me. With that said, he has slide written all over him and he's not as good as other LB's I think we'll see available to us when we pick in the first round... So I'd either move back (not a fan of this usually) or wait until the second round on Te'o.

The likely answer is he isn't going to end up on the Bears.

My gut instinct tells me are ANY of the top contenders at LB necessary for the Bears to consider at this point? First the team needs to establish what type of scheme its going to run; 4-3 (cover 2) this year but possibly convert to 3-4 next year(?) Are any of the top prospects fit for one or the other or both?

Is the team at a necessity right now to draft an LB at all? Personally I can't see a 'need' for an LB (especially in round 1 or 2) if the team is working on trying to get itself into more an offensive mindset. How will Wlliams and Anderson work out for the team? What about the other LB's already on the roster from last year; Costanzo, Diccio, Thomas?

Instead the team should concentrate on what they need in offense. WR, OL maybe a decent QB at backup who could be developed..IF...Cutler doesn't work out. Heck if the team is going to look at defense, maybe they should look at DL, that rotation is pretty shallow. Just because Urlacher is gone doesn't mean the team needs to panic and "draft his replacement" right now.

My gut instinct tells me are ANY of the top contenders at LB necessary for the Bears to consider at this point? First the team needs to establish what type of scheme its going to run; 4-3 (cover 2) this year but possibly convert to 3-4 next year(?) Are any of the top prospects fit for one or the other or both?

Is the team at a necessity right now to draft an LB at all? Personally I can't see a 'need' for an LB (especially in round 1 or 2) if the team is working on trying to get itself into more an offensive mindset. How will Wlliams and Anderson work out for the team? What about the other LB's already on the roster from last year; Costanzo, Diccio, Thomas?

Instead the team should concentrate on what they need in offense. WR, OL maybe a decent QB at backup who could be developed..IF...Cutler doesn't work out. Heck if the team is going to look at defense, maybe they should look at DL, that rotation is pretty shallow. Just because Urlacher is gone doesn't mean the team needs to panic and "draft his replacement" right now.

I've thought about this myself. I don't think it's THAT big a need to take one in the 1st 2 rounds. With Williams and Anderson, if they stay on the field, they're the starters so whoever they draft won't see a lot of time.

I would like them to concentrate on offense, but no matter what scheme you run, we need more LBs on the team. Briggs is only going to have a few years left, and even if the new guys work out, there not young. We have to draft a LB in our draft this year to bring youth to the position.

I would like them to concentrate on offense, but no matter what scheme you run, we need more LBs on the team. Briggs is only going to have a few years left, and even if the new guys work out, there not young. We have to draft a LB in our draft this year to bring youth to the position.

Or....they could bring back Urlacher this year. :lol:

And draft a new shiny LB next year.

Guest TerraTor
Slow from sideline to sideline and gullible. I'd be OK with him in round 2 but that's it. No thanks.

If either of the guys are avail at 20 he wont b on the team..

but for sake of the thread, id say if they found him at 50 itd be OK with me

Cant b worse than Shae McC

If either of the guys are avail at 20 he wont b on the team..

but for sake of the thread, id say if they found him at 50 itd be OK with me

But there will probably be idiots who say he's terrible because he won't be a starter in year 1.

Well TT at the risk of being called a 'moron' I think that Emery has plans for SMC. I have a strong suspicion it's in the LB corps somewhere. Maybe he's the 'one'?

At this point and the more I think of it, I'm leaning towards the team drafting BPA regardless of position...at least in round one.

I can't see a point where there isn't a better value/need match until late in the 2nd Rd, and that means last 5-7 picks in that round. That might even be a little early considering there will probably be an OG, WR, CB, or DT there that fits our needs better but I just don't know the draftees well enough to toss around names at that point. I even prefer to take Matt Scott with the last pick of Rd 2 (if we had it) over Te'o and I know that's a reach although to be fair I've seen some mention him as a 3rd Rd pick.

After all that I guess that means 3rd Rd and I'd be ok.