Playmakers

Stinger226

Emery mentioned about adding playmakers to the team.

I think Forte was not used properly last year and I think Trestman will do a better job of that. I think Bennett adds a lot to our offense. Jefferys gets better and you cant beat Marshall(he

s a stud)

Were not going to grab a RB in the draft, and I doubt very much if we draft a TE, so if we find a playmaker if will be at WR.

I think the only 3 WRs that will turn into impact playmakers will be Austin, Patterson, and Woods. My first choice would be Austin, which could possibly be there for us in the first. Otherwise Woods could be there in the second, if we choose to go that way.

SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK AS FAR AS CHASING A PLAYMAKER IN THE DRAFT

Emery mentioned about adding playmakers to the team.

I think Forte was not used properly last year and I think Trestman will do a better job of that. I think Bennett adds a lot to our offense. Jefferys gets better and you cant beat Marshall(he

s a stud)

Were not going to grab a RB in the draft, and I doubt very much if we draft a TE, so if we find a playmaker if will be at WR.

I think the only 3 WRs that will turn into impact playmakers will be Austin, Patterson, and Woods. My first choice would be Austin, which could possibly be there for us in the first. Otherwise Woods could be there in the second, if we choose to go that way.

SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK AS FAR AS CHASING A PLAYMAKER IN THE DRAFT

Correct if I'm wrong but he only mentioned playmakers in general. Meaning he could look for a playmaker on defense as well. Matthieu is a playmaker. Some don't care for him however he is a playmaker. Not saying we should draft him. Just mentioning in general

Correct if I'm wrong but he only mentioned playmakers in general. Meaning he could look for a playmaker on defense as well. Matthieu is a playmaker. Some don't care for him however he is a playmaker. Not saying we should draft him. Just mentioning in general

Isn't an OG with superior intellect and physical talent considered a playmaker when he executes a block(only he is capable of) that springs the RB for a critical gain?

I thought when he mentioned playmakers he was talking about the offense at the time, but Matthieu as a KR, PR would qualify for that also.

If you're talking playmakers at WR, I think there's plenty more you could add to the mix. Leaving out other really good first round receivers like Deandre Hopkins, how about Stedman Bailey, who scored 25 receiving TDs last year? Or Markus Wheaton? Or even Ace Sanders? The Bears will have plenty of opportunities to add someone who qualifies.

Playmaker? Sure. But I hope team need is factored in as we'll. you could draft 5 straight play making WRs, but it won't help the team that much.

I agree we need help at several positions, but since we addressed some of those needs in FAgeny, I wouldn't objection if we drafted Austin in the first.. You don't think that help our offense?

I agree we need help at several positions, but since we addressed some of those needs in FAgeny, I wouldn't objection if we drafted Austin in the first.. You don't think that help our offense?

I think it would help, but I think the help would be minimal. I have said it for close to 6 straight years, and for that entire time I've been correct, but it doesn't matter what skill players you add if the OL sucks. The addition of someone like Austin would look great on paper, but Jay Cutler rarely had time for a second read with the blocking he received last year. And make no mistake, Brandon Marshall is the first read. Maybe with Bushrod, and hopefully a high draft pick (crossing fingers), all this will change.

Speaking of Playmakers, Manti Te'o was on NFL Network Playmakers and I want him less than ever. Please no.

I went to NFL.com, saw the videos, read the articles, about Te'o after this comment.

Every thing I saw and read seemed very positive so I was wondering why, after viewing & reading this on NFL.com, you say you now more than ever do not want him on the Bears?

I am not saying I want him at #20 in the first. It would not upset me if we did draft him there but I think there are other players at #20 I would prefer, even Eifert.

Just curious why the info on NFL.com increased your negative opinion.

I think it would help, but I think the help would be minimal. I have said it for close to 6 straight years, and for that entire time I've been correct, but it doesn't matter what skill players you add if the OL sucks. The addition of someone like Austin would look great on paper, but Jay Cutler rarely had time for a second read with the blocking he received last year. And make no mistake, Brandon Marshall is the first read. Maybe with Bushrod, and hopefully a high draft pick (crossing fingers), all this will change.

I think with Bennett, Forte, and another speed WR added, he will be throwing the ball around more. Marshall will be the main target, but it will change a lot this year.