Ogletree or Brown?

Stinger226

And what are your thoughts on him giving up the most pressures in the SEC last year? He sounds a lot like Carimi to me, a guy who's getting high praise because of his prowess in the run game. You're obviously afraid of Jay "running for his life" so why go with another stud in the run game who apparently isn't great in the pass game.

I'm not terribly concerned. He's incredibly fast for his size, and hopefully a legit OL coach not named Tice will help him improve technique. I saw him stonewall Mingo, so I know he has the potential. And to be quite honest, dude is a 10 out of 10 in the run game. If the Bears are able to road-grade over defenses with the running game (like Bama), I'm sure the offense will be able to do pretty much what they want (like Bama).

I think Ogletree is the stud out of this LBers prospects and think we should take him if available. IF one of the two OGs are there at 20, we have to grab one of them. Any Pro Bowl type players need to added to the OLine. Worst case scenario would be Austin, both OGs and Olgetree being there all at the same time, in a good way. I would still have to go OG.

Worst case scenario, you're right. If Cooper, Warmack, and Ogletree are gone, it definitely changes things up. I do not want Brown in the first.

Worst case scenario, you're right. If Cooper, Warmack, and Ogletree are gone, it definitely changes things up. I do not want Brown in the first.

I don't want Brown in the first either. Should be someone rated far higher available and we have plenty of need positions.

I've seen some lists that don't even have Brown as a top 50 player.

I'm open to either guy, but I think Brown is going to end up being the better player in the long run. Slightly better athlete, has better instincts, can cover almost just as well, and is a tackling machine. Ogletree has the height advantage, which will make him a little more valuable in a cover 2 defensive scheme (which I'm still not convinced we will be sticking with), but outside of that, I don't really see a gigantic difference between he or Brown as a prospect.