This is a statement I can get behind

GrizzlyBear

‘‘He demands that you do the right things every single time. One time out of five isn’t good enough. You have to do it right every single time.’’

Taken fron Suntimes interview with Kromer, Garza and Slauson. this was Garza statement on Kromer

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...nsive-line.html

This is also encouraging:

That's encouraging. I just worry it was because Drew Brees is so damn good. Cutler is more likely to get an offensive lineman fired. It could also have to do with Sean Peyton's influence. Kind of like Bill Bellichick always has great assistants who suck elsewhere. I hope you're right and Kromer is the difference maker.

Every coach I ever had demanded that. Why wouldn't they on the pro level?

I suspect it has to do with Lovie's laissez faire attitude, a soft approach that has been mentioned numerous times on this board. It's one of the reasons the players loved playing for him; the accountability for their screw ups were severely lacking.

That's encouraging. I just worry it was because Drew Brees is so damn good. Cutler is more likely to get an offensive lineman fired. It could also have to do with Sean Peyton's influence. Kind of like Bill Bellichick always has great assistants who suck elsewhere. I hope you're right and Kromer is the difference maker.

No matter how good Brees was at reacting and getting rid of the ball quickly, they also had a system designed to play to his strengths.

Every coach I ever had demanded that. Why wouldn't they on the pro level?

I agree, that's not the real news, or key to Kromer's success, but it is still telling the way Garza stated it. I think the secret lies more in the teaching aspect and his understanding that different guys have to do things slightly different to fit their talents.

‘‘He demands that you do the right things every single time. One time out of five isn’t good enough. You have to do it right every single time.’’

There's a big difference between every time and 20% of the time. I find that humorous. Why not just say "coach says do it right every time...once every few dozen times isn't good enough". :P