My Bears Mock Draft

dawhizz

Trade #20 to Falcons for #30, a 3rd, 4th, and 7th this year and a 4th next year.

1) Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State - Can challenge Anderson and Williams for a starting spot this year.

2) Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama - Just what the Bears need - someone who can step in and start at whatever their weakest position on the OL is.

3) Stedman Bailey, WR, West Virginia - Immediate slot contributor and his production last year suggests he could be much more.

4a) Leon McFadden, CB, San Diego St. - Good fit at the nickel and hopefully can learn from Tillman and Jennings.

4b) Bennie Logan, DT, LSU - Good all-around tackle to go with Melton and Paea.

5) Zac Dysert, QB, Miami (OH) - QBs always seem to go lower than you think. I like his ability to throw on the move and at least he has experience taking sacks . . .

6) Cameron Lawrence, LB, Mississippi St. - Need to get younger at LB.

7) Wes Horton, DE, USC - Not great production, but he's got tools to work with and his father was Gemini from American Gladiators. What more could you want from a 7th round pick?

Trade #20 to Falcons for #30, a 3rd, 4th, and 7th this year and a 4th next year.

1) Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State - Can challenge Anderson and Williams for a starting spot this year.

2) Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama - Just what the Bears need - someone who can step in and start at whatever their weakest position on the OL is.

3) Stedman Bailey, WR, West Virginia - Immediate slot contributor and his production last year suggests he could be much more.

4a) Leon McFadden, CB, San Diego St. - Good fit at the nickel and hopefully can learn from Tillman and Jennings.

5) Zac Dysert, QB, Miami (OH) - QBs always seem to go lower than you think. I like his ability to throw on the move and at least he has experience taking sacks . . .

7) Wes Horton, DE, USC - Not great production, but he's got tools to work with and his father was Gemini from American Gladiators. What more could you want from a 7th round pick?

I like most of the names. Bailey was highly productive but I think he was a product of the system, not very fast. I dont think Dysert lasts that long. But like the first two picks.

Only issue is that honestly I can't see atl giving up 5 picks up basically move up just 10 picks.

Only issue is that honestly I can't see atl giving up 5 picks up basically move up just 10 picks.

It's probably true that Atlanta wouldn't do that, but the value is pretty even.

The issue I have is that if we are going to trade down, I want an extra 2nd. Atlanta drafts so late in the round that there picks are not as valuable.

The easier trade and more logical trade would be #20 for #30 and #60. To make it even, we might have to give up #188, but it would be worth it to get 3 picks in the top 60.

I like the names and the positions, if this occurred, I would have no issues with it. We get Brown who can sub in at all positions and prepare to take over in the middle. Jones at #50 may be a little early for him, but he can play either Guard or Center immediately, Bailey (who I actually like better than Austin) would be a good compliment to Marshall and Jeffery. McFadden would be a good fit and play right away in Nickel and as a sub. Logan would join the DT rotation. Dysert is also who I picked, I actually like him over some of the other QBs. Lawrence and Horton would just be depth picks. Overall not bad.

Not a fan to be honest. I can understand taking a LB with the first pick but if I were running the team I wouldn't take one that soon. I want to win this coming up year, not next year.

Also Barrett Jones is going to start the year on the PUP list so expecting him to be successful this year is probably asking too much.

If this team was rebuilding I can get behind this but we're not.