Bears sign Kicker from Iowa

GakMan23

Bears | Sign Austin Signor

Fri, 19 Apr 2013 14:28:06 -0700

The Chicago Bears signed PK Austin Signor (Iowa) Friday, April 19. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Comment | Source: ChicagoBears.com | Share:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2QwxcTQwG

Bears | Sign Austin Signor

Fri, 19 Apr 2013 14:28:06 -0700

The Chicago Bears signed PK Austin Signor (Iowa) Friday, April 19. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Comment | Source: ChicagoBears.com | Share:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2QwxcTQwG

He is a Kicker, not punter.

It is normal to bring in extra kickers & QBs to share the reps in training camp to avoid overworking our guys who will be needed on the roster during the season. No need to wear them out with excessive reps. And yes, Robbie is still recovering from the calf injury he had at the end of the season (or he wants more time off and does not care for training camp, LOL).

It is normal to bring in extra kickers & QBs to share the reps in training camp to avoid overworking our guys who will be needed on the roster during the season. No need to wear them out with excessive reps. And yes, Robbie is still recovering from the calf injury he had at the end of the season (or he wants more time off and does not care for training camp, LOL).

Its a little odd, because I heard they signed him to a 3 year contract. Also they stated Gould is still recovering from an injury that is going slower than normal.

Its a little odd, because I heard they signed him to a 3 year contract. Also they stated he is still recovering from an injury that is going slower than normal.

Yep, it is indeed a 3 year deal which I agree is a bit odd.

Kid has a a really good leg.

I know that's indoors and sans a holder but 65 yards is still pretty impressive. What is Goulds cap hit again should he be released?

I know that's indoors and sans a holder but 65 yards is still pretty impressive. What is Goulds cap hit again should he be released?

think it is just insurance if Gould doesnt come back quickly, its not a guaranteed contract.

Yes, let's release the most accurate kicker in team history (by a long shot) .... not.

Peace :dabears