Trestman and the 2002 Oakland Raiders

adam

Here is a pretty good video of the 2002 Oakland Raiders Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUwHig1kvAY

They had a 60/40 Pass/Run Ratio. Gannon was sacked 36 times, and had 10x 300-yd passing games.

They had 13-6 record including the playoffs with all their losses coming when they scored 21 pts or less and all their wins coming when they scored 24 or more. I found that sort of interesting.

1st in First Downs and Passing 1st Downs, 10th in Rushing 1st Downs

2nd in 3rd Down Conversions: 45.3%

+12 Turnover Ratio (T-5th)

Here are the receiving numbers broken down in terms of receptions:

WR -54%

RB - 31%

TE - 15%

#1 WR - 92-1,211-7TD

#2 WR - 81-930-2TD

#3 WR - 51-688-9TD

#1 TE - 32-409-2TD

#2 TE - 27-213-0TD

#1 RB - 91-941-4TD

#2 RB - 17-115-1TD

To me, seeing this distribution, I don't see us drafting a TE, and unless they are not high Earl Bennett, there is not much room for another WR either. Forte, like Garner, looks poised for a huge year. Garner had the 2nd best YPC at 5.3 and over 1,900 yards from scrimmage. I would assume with the addition of M. Bennett that Marshall will have lower numbers this year, and hopefully Jeffery can have a breakout season. For Cutler I am hoping for something like 2008 with a few more TDs and a couple less INTs.