My Dream/Final Mock

scs787

I know they're playing a terrible team and he was virtually unblocked but look at how quick he gets to the QB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-Hqbl-0HVM

Here he is vs good ranked opponents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBbTLxLiicA

I see a guy who can eventually take Paeas job.

Every player can have a highlight film made for them, and I am not saying he will be bad, just some better choices. I have read everything I could about him and he comes as a high risk, high reward type, its his production that bothers me. 37-2.5TFL and one sack, just doesnt translate to a star to me. I think he could be a decent rotational player, if we draft him high, he needs to be a difference maker type. I think Paea's career will translate better. Example, Sheldon Richardson(that could fall to us) Totals last year included 75 tackles/10.5 tackles and 5 sacks. Example S. Williams 42-13.5-6. Example Kewaan Short 43-15.5-7 Example Akeem Spence 72-7-1. You above everybody else on here is a stats guy, we both know that is not the only measuring stick but I consider the production high on the list. I just think there are better choices. I know you are going to say those are 3 T tackles, but they can play both spots, like Paea.

Every player can have a highlight film made for them, and I am not saying he will be bad, just some better choices. I have read everything I could about him and he comes as a high risk, high reward type, its his production that bothers me. 37-2.5TFL and one sack, just doesnt translate to a star to me. I think he could be a decent rotational player, if we draft him high, he needs to be a difference maker type. I think Paea's career will translate better. Example, Sheldon Richardson(that could fall to us) Totals last year included 75 tackles/10.5 tackles and 5 sacks. Example S. Williams 42-13.5-6. Example Kewaan Short 43-15.5-7 Example Akeem Spence 72-7-1. You above everybody else on here is a stats guy, we both know that is not the only measuring stick but I consider the production high on the list. I just think there are better choices. I know you are going to say those are 3 T tackles, but they can play both spots, like Paea.

You're right, I am going to say that. NTs often have 2 guys blocking them leaving the 3T DT, the faster, thinner guys to work 1v1 to make all the plays. NTs do the dirty work that doesn't show up in the box score.

You also have to look at who he played for. More often than not teams facing Bama were coming from behind and they have to throw the ball. His 2 best games came in close games against LSU and Texas A&M

You're right, I am going to say that. NTs often have 2 guys blocking them leaving the 3T DT, the faster, thinner guys to work 1v1 to make all the plays. NTs do the dirty work that doesn't show up in the box score.

You also have to look at who he played for. More often than not teams facing Bama were coming from behind and they have to throw the ball. His 2 best games came in close games against LSU and Texas A&M

So if you acknowledge he is a NT, then why are you so insistent that because he played a few snaps at 5-technique he can do it now? Dude is a NT, does not rush the passer, does not have the lateral burst/quickness to attack gaps. It's a bad fit for the Bears.

So if you acknowledge he is a NT, then why are you so insistent that because he played a few snaps at 5-technique he can do it now? Dude is a NT, does not rush the passer, does not have the lateral burst/quickness to attack gaps. It's a bad fit for the Bears.

He can be a 1-technique NT(a 4-3 NT), which is basically what Paea is. Mel Tucker had big ol Terrance Knighton playing DT for him in the 4-3. Remember when we had Traylor and Washington up front?? Were either of those guy a 5-T or even a 3-T??

Where are you getting your information on Banks, everything I read are positives on him. He ran a 4.61 at combine but improved that at proday 4.51. Other than putting on weight, he gets a lot of cudos and I see him becoming a good NFL player, especially in our scheme.

I was doing research on him and saw the 4.6 numbers. I hadn't seen the confirmed 4.51 numbers.

He can be a 1-technique NT(a 4-3 NT), which is basically what Paea is. Mel Tucker had big ol Terrance Knighton playing DT for him in the 4-3. Remember when we had Traylor and Washington up front?? Were either of those guy a 5-T or even a 3-T??

I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, but for you to even ask the question makes me wonder if you know what the whole "Technique"-verbiage means. They obviously didn't play the 5-technique. For the life of me I can't find it, but I could swear you said somewhere that Williams could play the 5. That is simply untrue. He can't do it. He's not mobile or agile enough. If you are saying now that he is not capable of playing that way, then I'm fine with it. He could range anywhere from 0-1-T. Period.

But given Paea, I don't know why the Bears would draft another 1-T NT/DT.

I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, but for you to even ask the question makes me wonder if you know what the whole "Technique"-verbiage means. They obviously didn't play the 5-technique. For the life of me I can't find it, but I could swear you said somewhere that Williams could play the 5. That is simply untrue. He can't do it. He's not mobile or agile enough. If you are saying now that he is not capable of playing that way, then I'm fine with it. He could range anywhere from 0-1-T. Period.

But given Paea, I don't know why the Bears would draft another 1-T NT/DT.

Honestly, no, past the 3-technique I didn't know the whole "Technique"-verbiage, but google knows all so I just asked google. After looking it up the 5-T is a 3-4 DE (Which btw Mike Mayock has him ranked as the #5 3-4 DE in the draft) so I'm not sure why this even pertains to the Bears DL since we play a 4-3.

As for us not drafting him because we have Paea, who do we have on this roster if Paea gets hurt? Does Paea play every snap? Shouldn't we rotate guys in on the DL to keep the big guys fresh? We don't have Izzy and his long arms to rotate in to help in the run game. We don't have the insurance of Big Toe anymore. With Paea out of the lineup or interior defense against the run will take a huge hit IMO.

Honestly, no, past the 3-technique I didn't know the whole "Technique"-verbiage, but google knows all so I just asked google. After looking it up the 5-T is a 3-4 DE (Which btw Mike Mayock has him ranked as the #5 3-4 DE in the draft) so I'm not sure why this even pertains to the Bears DL since we play a 4-3.

As for us not drafting him because we have Paea, who do we have on this roster if Paea gets hurt? Does Paea play every snap? Shouldn't we rotate guys in on the DL to keep the big guys fresh? We don't have Izzy and his long arms to rotate in to help in the run game. We don't have the insurance of Big Toe anymore. With Paea out of the lineup or interior defense against the run will take a huge hit IMO.

Your right we need another DT but just not him, better choices at the spot you need to draft him.

Your right we need another DT but just not him, better choices at the spot you need to draft him.

We'll just have to a agree to disagree on this. John Jenkins is there when I picked Williams in this mock and I'd be happy with him too, I'm just playing favorites and picking him over Jenkins because he played rugby. As a rugby player I know you need a bit of tenacity in you, you need a good motor, and you need to be a little nasty. That's what I want in my big DT. From watching some game tape I see that in him and I think he has more room to grow over a guy like John Jenkins. I see a guy who teams are going to be forced to double team which opens things up for the rest of the line.

Or put it this way, I think there's a reason why Williams is the 5th ranked DT while Jenkins is the 8th and Akeem Spence, who you suggested is ranked 12th.