Bears working out Mike Glennon, QB NC State

Bears4Ever_34

OMFG. This is not good this close to the draft. I was thinking that the bears may look to pick a QB in the second or if they traded back in the first but I was secretly hoping for Barkley. In all fairness, I think Glennon can be a good pocket QB

So is this good or not? Your post contradicts itself all over the place.

Either way, this is a smokescreen IMO. They want teams to see this, and they want teams in need of a QB- Buffalo, Jacksonville, Cleveland- to want to jump up to get that pick.

I think that's exactly what this is. Just plant enough doubt to make someone willing to move up to take him. And really it doesn't have to be a trade with the Bears, even if someone ahead of us trades back allowing a team to take Glennon ahead of us it could drop another player we might really be interested in back to our spot. At the same time reports of us giving a private workout to Justin Pugh showed up.

I think that's exactly what this is. Just plant enough doubt to make someone willing to move up to take him. And really it doesn't have to be a trade with the Bears, even if someone ahead of us trades back allowing a team to take Glennon ahead of us it could drop another player we might really be interested in back to our spot. At the same time reports of us giving a private workout to Justin Pugh showed up.

I would think it would be somewhat counter productive as a draft smokescreen. Why would we fein interest in a player to make a team trade with us for that player. It's like saying "we really like this guy but we'll let you have him". If a team traded to get in front of us, wouldn't that mess up our trade down ability?

What if it's a little message to our difficult QB?

I would think it would be somewhat counter productive as a draft smokescreen. Why would we fein interest in a player to make a team trade with us for that player. It's like saying "we really like this guy but we'll let you have him". If a team traded to get in front of us, wouldn't that mess up our trade down ability?

What if it's a little message to our difficult QB?

There are 19 picks before 20 and a million after. If one team loves Glennon, maybe they jump the Bears to take him, thus making a player who the Bears actually want fall one more spot. Maybe the Jaguars pick at 2 then trade up to 19 again to take him. This possibly gets Fluker, Ogletree, Eifert, Austin or Cooper/Warmack to 20.

There are 19 picks before 20 and a million after. If one team loves Glennon, maybe they jump the Bears to take him, thus making a player who the Bears actually want fall one more spot. Maybe the Jaguars pick at 2 then trade up to 19 again to take him. This possibly gets Fluker, Ogletree, Eifert, Austin or Cooper/Warmack to 20.

I get/got that. It just doesn't make sense for other options.

I believe Glennon is the 2nd QB we have visited with, the other being Mitchell Gale from Abilene Christian. Here is what I am tracking for Private Workouts:

Kiko Alonso – ILB – Oregon

Jon Bostic – ILB – Florida

Arthur Brown – LB – Kansas State

Zaviar Gooden – LB – Missouri

Khaseem Greene – OLB – Rutgers

Alec Ogletree – LB – Georgia

Nate Palmer – LB – Illinois State

Sean Porter – LB – Texas A&M

Keith Pough – LB – Howard

Manti Te’o – LB – Notre Dame

Keegan Wetzel – LB – Navy

Reid Fragel – OT – Ohio State

Travis Frederick – OC – Wisconsin

Edmond Kugbila – OG – Valdosta State

Justin Pugh – OT/OG – Syracuse

Brian Schwenke – OC – California

Robert Alford – CB – Southeastern Louisiana

Brandon McGee – CB – Miami

Don Unamba – CB – Southern Arkansas

B.W. Webb – CB – William & Mary

Mitchell Gale – QB – Abilene Christian

Mike Glennon - QB - NC State

Eric Rogers – WR – Cal Lutheran

Ryan Swope – WR – Texas A&M

Christine Michael – RB – Texas A&M

Keavon Milton – TE – Louisiana-Monroe

Lawrence Okoye – DE – Olympian

I would say if the private workouts are any indication, it looks like we are going to take 2 LBs, 1 OL, 1 CB, and 1 from the group of QB, WR, RB, TE, DE). Interesting not to see a single DT with a private workout. Could you make a solid draft from this group?

I believe Glennon is the 2nd QB we have visited with, the other being Mitchell Gale from Abilene Christian. Here is what I am tracking for Private Workouts:

Kiko Alonso – ILB – Oregon

Jon Bostic – ILB – Florida

Arthur Brown – LB – Kansas State

Zaviar Gooden – LB – Missouri

Khaseem Greene – OLB – Rutgers

Alec Ogletree – LB – Georgia

Nate Palmer – LB – Illinois State

Sean Porter – LB – Texas A&M

Keith Pough – LB – Howard

Manti Te’o – LB – Notre Dame

Keegan Wetzel – LB – Navy

Reid Fragel – OT – Ohio State

Travis Frederick – OC – Wisconsin

Edmond Kugbila – OG – Valdosta State

Justin Pugh – OT/OG – Syracuse

Brian Schwenke – OC – California

Robert Alford – CB – Southeastern Louisiana

Brandon McGee – CB – Miami

Don Unamba – CB – Southern Arkansas

B.W. Webb – CB – William & Mary

Mitchell Gale – QB – Abilene Christian

Mike Glennon - QB - NC State

Eric Rogers – WR – Cal Lutheran

Ryan Swope – WR – Texas A&M

Christine Michael – RB – Texas A&M

Keavon Milton – TE – Louisiana-Monroe

Lawrence Okoye – DE – Olympian

I would say if the private workouts are any indication, it looks like we are going to take 2 LBs, 1 OL, 1 CB, and 1 from the group of QB, WR, RB, TE, DE). Interesting not to see a single DT with a private workout. Could you make a solid draft from this group?

1. Alec Ogletree – LB – Georgia

2. Justin Pugh – OT/OG – Syracuse

4. Brian Schwenke – OC – California

5. Ryan Swope – WR – Texas A&M

6. Mitchell Gale – QB – Abilene Christian

I guess the answer is yes, although Swope probably won't last that long.

Did the Bears have a private workout with Shea McClellin before they drafted him? I can't recall. I'm wondering if this is a smokescreen as well.

I looked at a list from last year and didnt see him on it, but that person may have missed it. I think Emery is good at not letting everybody know what he wants and thats a good thing.

Guest TerraTor
Although I often liked what I saw of Glennon at NC St, I strongly prefer Barkley IF we were to chose a QB early. That being said I prefer Jay to both.

Barkley is an f'ing joke

Guest TerraTor
1. Alec Ogletree – LB – Georgia

2. Justin Pugh – OT/OG – Syracuse

4. Brian Schwenke – OC – California

5. Ryan Swope – WR – Texas A&M

6. Mitchell Gale – QB – Abilene Christian

I guess the answer is yes, although Swope probably won't last that long.

sweet mock draft

Either way, this is a smokescreen IMO. They want teams to see this, and they want teams in need of a QB- Buffalo, Jacksonville, Cleveland- to want to jump up to get that pick.

I don't see how this is a smokescreen. Glennon is a 2nd-3rd round pick. There are a ton of guys ranked higher then him who might not even go in the first round. Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Ryan Nassib, El Manuel, etc..

Unless you are saying this is a 2nd round smokescreen. That still doesn't make snese. We'd love to have a quality #2 who will be here for a few years. By this logic we brought him in thinking a team trade up to #49 to draft him. So we can get the guy we really want at #50 . . . that's one helluva a stretch.

Depending on what we find, I think we'd consider taking him if we can trade down for more picks.