I guess Emery doesn't believe in BPA....

Chitownhustla

Guest TerraTor
Or anything close to that...... TE from ND is going to be stud.....

I really won't down the pick, I've been screaming Oline for a long time.... Can't complain now that they did it.

I dont hate Kyle Long, but at 20 is a total fail... Emery is a joke

Guest TerraTor
Pure BPA is retarded. What if Geno falls to the Packers? Do they draft him? He'll no. It's stupid. BPA has to be balanced with need. Drafting on only one of those reasons is a guaranteed failure.

Dont think thts what he meant

and Geno Smith wasnt by any means BPA there..

Pure BPA is retarded. What if Geno falls to the Packers? Do they draft him? He'll no. It's stupid. BPA has to be balanced with need. Drafting on only one of those reasons is a guaranteed failure.

Or anything like it, read the whole post...... Oline was not our only need. Can't wait to see what Oline is around in the second.

Or anything like it, read the whole post...... Oline was not our only need. Can't wait to see what Oline is around in the second.

I read it. BPA is subjective. Need is too. The need at OL was much greater than anywhere else. #1 need and #3 value is better, IMHO, than a lessened need with slightly better value.

I read it. BPA is subjective. Need is too. The need at OL was much greater than anywhere else. #1 need and #3 value is better, IMHO, than a lessened need with slightly better value.

Also, Emery said they were targeting Long, which seems like they liked him the best out of the players that were available at 20. Technically just because he was selected at 20, doesn't mean that is where his value had to be. It only had to be from 20-49, which is about right where Long would've fell into. So Emery drafted someone who was not going to be there at 50. How about Pugh at 19, or Manuel before Smith and Barkley. Floyd was projected as high as #2 and goes in the 20's.

Guest TerraTor
Also, Emery said they were targeting Long, which seems like they liked him the best out of the players that were available at 20. Technically just because he was selected at 20, doesn't mean that is where his value had to be. It only had to be from 20-49, which is about right where Long would've fell into. So Emery drafted someone who was not going to be there at 50. How about Pugh at 19, or Manuel before Smith and Barkley. Floyd was projected as high as #2 and goes in the 20's.

like the guy hate the pick

If the list posted by Adam is accurate we didn't even have a private workout with Kyle Long. Keeping it all close to the vest again.

Reid Fragel – OT – Ohio State

Travis Frederick – OC – Wisconsin

Edmond Kugbila – OG – Valdosta State

Justin Pugh – OT/OG – Syracuse

Brian Schwenke – OC – California

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I take that back. Listening to his conference call with the media he did visit with the Bears and said he felt pretty good about the Bears after he was done speaking with Kromer.