Who's available in the 2nd (#50)

adam

Looks like a bunch of these guys will be available at #50.

Wide receiver

Keenan Allen, Cal

Robert Woods, USC

Markus Wheaton, Oregon State

Justin Hunter, Tennessee

Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech

Tight end

Zach Ertz, Stanford

Gavin Escobar, San Diego State

Vance McDonald, Rice

Offensive line

Menelik Watson, Florida State

Larry Warford, Kentucky

Terron Armstead, Arkansas-Pine Bluff

Barrett Jones, Alabama

Brian Schwenke, California

Defensive tackle

Johnathan Hankins, Ohio State

Jesse Williams, Alabama

John Jenkins, Georgia

Kawann Short, Purdue

Linebacker

Manti Te'o, Notre Dame

Kevin Minter, LSU

Arthur Brown, Kansas State

Cornerback

Johnthan Banks, Mississippi State

Jamar Taylor, Boise State

David Amerson, N.C. State

Yea, there's a lot of talent still left out there....The one position where there isn't a lot of talent left is OG. So while Long may have been a bit of a "reach" he was absolutely the right pick if the Bears didn't see Carimi or Brown as starting OGs.

Round 2 is gonna be tough to predict. I think the drop off at CB past those 3 guys is higher than it is at all the other positions so if one of those guys are there I'd probably take him. With a first year offensive minded coach I wouldn't be surprised to see a TE/WR, whatever he values higher, in the 2nd though as well.

For me, I would only like to see Watson, Jones, Schwenke, Ertz, Teo, Brown, Minter, Banks, Taylor, or Amerson. Based on where we pick (18th in the 2nd), a couple of these guy should still be there. Watson would come in as an OT, Jones or Schwenke at C, I wouldn't mind Ertz here, Teo, Brown, or Minter in the middle, though I prefer Brown. Then any of the 3 CB's would also be nice.

We also have to consider this pick will be someone valued at 50-116, so it could be a guy projected in the 3rd, since we don't have a pick.

For me, I would only like to see Watson, Jones, Schwenke, Ertz, Teo, Brown, Minter, Banks, Taylor, or Amerson. Based on where we pick (18th in the 2nd), a couple of these guy should still be there. Watson would come in as an OT, Jones or Schwenke at C, I wouldn't mind Ertz here, Teo, Brown, or Minter in the middle, though I prefer Brown. Then any of the 3 CB's would also be nice.

We also have to consider this pick will be someone valued at 50-116, so it could be a guy projected in the 3rd, since we don't have a pick.

After hearing what I've heard about Long I think he'll be moving over to RT after the season so I wouldn't want Watson. Jones is a guy who I don't think will contribute much this coming up year since I hear he will start the season on the PUP list. Schwenke would be nice but there's a chance, albeit a small one that he's there in the 4th.

I'd like to see them go BPA from the DT/CB group....Unless they really do want another big dynamic TE then I'd take Ertz or Escobar.

Wide receiver

Keenan Allen, Cal - Not a 2nd rd. need.

Robert Woods, USC - Not a 2nd rd. need.

Markus Wheaton, Oregon State - Not a 2nd rd. need.

Justin Hunter, Tennessee - Not a 2nd rd. need.

Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech - Not a 2nd rd. need.

Tight end

Zach Ertz, Stanford

Gavin Escobar, San Diego State - No thanks. Not in the 2nd.

Vance McDonald, Rice - Ditto.

Offensive line

Menelik Watson, Florida State - No. There's "raw," and then there's "so raw it tries to eat the salad"

Larry Warford, Kentucky - Long > Warford.

Terron Armstead, Arkansas-Pine Bluff - Small school, no thanks

Barrett Jones, Alabama

Defensive tackle

Jesse Williams, Alabama - 3/4 NT

John Jenkins, Georgia - 3/4 NT

Kawann Short, Purdue

Linebacker

Manti Te'o, Notre Dame

Kevin Minter, LSU

Arthur Brown, Kansas State - Don't like him

Cornerback

Johnathan Banks, Mississippi State - Don't like him

Jamar Taylor, Boise State - No more Boise St.

Nothing says great pick like a 24 year old project, with minimal experience and a history of underachieving.

I'd say if anything he OVER-achieved. Dude was drafted by the White Sox to play professional baseball, beat addiction, and THEN decided to take up football seriously. In just over a year he took that motivation, earned a starting position on one of the most dominant offenses in college football, and worked his way towards a first round draft pick.

Guest TerraTor
Wide receiver

Tight end

Zach Ertz, Stanford

Gavin Escobar, San Diego State - No thanks. Not in the 2nd.

Offensive line

Menelik Watson, Florida State - No. There's "raw," and then there's "so raw it tries to eat the salad"

Barrett Jones, Alabama

Defensive tackle

Jesse Williams, Alabama - 3/4 NT

Kawann Short, Purdue

Linebacker

Manti Te'o, Notre Dame

Kevin Minter, LSU

Cornerback

Jamar Taylor, Boise State - No more Boise St.

wrong

Guest TerraTor
I hope we land hankins in the second... he's a beast and paired with melton would be scary games are won in the trenches and we have very little dt depth

Or we coulda taken Floyd at 20

Guest TerraTor
Nothing says a great pick like a 1st round, 24 year old project, with minimal experience and a history of underachieving.

No Shit.., awful at 20...

Wide receiver

Tight end

Zach Ertz, Stanford

Gavin Escobar, San Diego State - No thanks. Not in the 2nd. If Ertz is gone and they really want that big TE threat this wouldn't be that bad in the 2nd considering we don't have a 3rd.

Offensive line

Barrett Jones, Alabama His injury concerns scare me to much to take him in the 2nd

Defensive tackle

Jesse Williams, Alabama - 3/4 NT Hankins and Williams are the exact same size

Kawann Short, Purdue

Linebacker

Manti Te'o, Notre Dame

Kevin Minter, LSU

Cornerback

Jamar Taylor, Boise State - No more Boise St. Scouts disagree with you on the 2 CBs you don't like

Or we coulda taken Floyd at 20

Well i don't see much of a drop off if any between floyd and hankins... floyd had a slightly faster 40 time but everything else is pretty close... actually hankns had a faster 20 yd shuttle time which lets face it is more important for a dt since i don't see too many runninf 40 yds down field... hankins also weighs over 20 lbs more than floyd... and his wing span for wrapping up is wider...hankins was the disrupting force for osu s defense and he was on the field a lot... having him in a rotation with paea and melton would be a great combination

And then ended up with who at OG in the 2nd?

Admins, how do I block posters? Some peoples ignorance on this board is just absolutely dreadful.

I'll assume this is a serious Q.

Click on the poster's name to go to their profile. Look under the left hand column for an item labeled "options". Click on that, it will open a pulldown menu where you can select "Ignore poster".

Gavin Escobar - People screaming about a Long reach should be upset about even the notion of Escobar at TE in the second.

Barrett Jones - His injury scares me a bit too, but his pedigree and experience assuage those fears.

Johnathan Hankins and Jesse Williams may be the same size, but they move differently. JH has more quickness and short-term explosiveness (i.e. 3-cone drill & 20 short shuttle).

Cornerbacks - Scouts may disagree, but I am just not a fan of Banks or Taylor. I don't really want Amerson in the 2nd either, but I'd prefer him over the others.

I'll assume this is a serious Q.

Click on the poster's name to go to their profile. Look under the left hand column for an item labeled "options". Click on that, it will open a pulldown menu where you can select "Ignore poster".

Eh, screw it, that sounds like too much work...I probably won't be here much longer after the draft anyway.

Gavin Escobar - People screaming about a Long reach should be upset about even the notion of Escobar at TE in the second.

Barrett Jones - His injury scares me a bit too, but his pedigree and experience assuage those fears.

Johnathan Hankins and Jesse Williams may be the same size, but they move differently. JH has more quickness and short-term explosiveness (i.e. 3-cone drill & 20 short shuttle).

Cornerbacks - Scouts may disagree, but I am just not a fan of Banks or Taylor. I don't really want Amerson in the 2nd either, but I'd prefer him over the others.

-With no 3rd round pick I can live with a guy who at 1 point was lumped in with Ertz and Eifert.

-Feet are pretty important for an OLmen, it wouldn't shock me to see Jones out the whole year. It's also not just his injury that scares me.

-I'm more focused on getting a guy who takes up 2 blockers and makes everyones job easier, a run stuffer. I do agree that Hankins is the better player though but I would be happy with either.

I'd say if anything he OVER-achieved. Dude was drafted by the White Sox to play professional baseball, beat addiction, and THEN decided to take up football seriously. In just over a year he took that motivation, earned a starting position on one of the most dominant offenses in college football, and worked his way towards a first round draft pick.

Right, but it wasn't before he decided to royally freak up his professional baseball career by getting kicked out of school because of drug abuse and eligibility issues. Had his last name not been Long, I have my doubts that he would have been thought of this highly. Hard to imagine you could get much out of watching those 5 games of film at Oregon.

Right, but it wasn't before he decided to royally freak up his professional baseball career by getting kicked out of school because of drug abuse and eligibility issues. Had his last name not been Long, I have my doubts that he would have been thought of this highly. Hard to imagine you could get much out of watching those 5 games of film at Oregon.

This draft is filled with some 12 step program candidates and we have a couple of candidates already on the roster. His profile sounds exactly like Honey Badger.